Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe storm Monday 28th October 2013 Part 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

.I am concerned about whats going to happen as my mum is Buried in Kingston cemetary portsmouth and there are quite a few big trees in there.

Edited by ajpoolshark
snipping the off topic part..
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Woahhhh 5mph to 8mph!!Posted Image

Seriously though its creepy about the calm before the storm.

• Like 1

Posted

some really pathetic posts by those not affected by this storm on this thread

I totally agree. Here in Poole the winds are increasing in strength noticeably and this is only the pre cursor. The rain is relentless and my garden is becoming flooded.I am surrounded by high conifers which are swaying ominously. If our friends in the north think this is a joke then they are sadly misinformed.

• Like 2

Posted

Is anyone else starting to think the low is deeper than predicted? Now -3.6hr 986.7 in Poole and its not even here yet! Wind really picking up!

Well the Low is there, the strongest winds to impact the southwest are occurring now and over the next 2-3 hours. Then they will begin to abate.

Edited by Matty M

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

he says in his best aussie accent

that's not a storm this is a storm

post-18233-0-19939900-1382917017_thumb.ppost-18233-0-42876200-1382917024_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

Well currently all the Strong winds are on in Cornwall and the South Coast /N France . 35 mph gusting to 55mph in culdrose just reported 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

its going to surprise all the 'is that all there is' merchants..

the party hasn't even started yet.

• Like 1

Posted

So am I right in saying what I have here now is not the worst? As in is there more to come?

The worst will come in the early hours in Cornwall.

Posted

Low's center is now offshore southern Ireland on the updated meto RADAR, somewhat slightly north of previous projected path's but pressure is still dropping all the while.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: really cold or really hot ! extremes

This seems worse than predicted already ! I'm on Portland Dorset and I can tell you it's bad !

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Rumours across twitter from a number of weather accounts saying Scilly has recorded 100mph gust. This picture also I have come across. Showing 108mph 1/2 an hour ago!

post-15543-0-48145400-1382917192_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted

Is anyone else starting to think the low is deeper than predicted? Now -3.6hr 986.7 in Poole and its not even here yet! Wind really picking up!

Definitely, my flippancy has stopped, even with my limited understanding I think this has the potential to be rather nasty in a few hours time.

Posted

The worst will come in the early hours in Cornwall.

The worst of the winds for Cornwall & Southwest are expected around now.

Lets view the NAE

Wind at midnight

Posted Image

Wind easing here by 3am

Posted Image

Posted

Gusting harder now with constant moderate to heavy rain...the amber warning doesn't kick in for another 35 minutes. ..can hear the huge pine trees to the west of me blowing around...its a bit scary here in our little park home....:-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Im here until 3am!

Is anybody doing an all nighter?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

A bit OTT that comment like no?  We are just having a laugh to try and lighten the mood - I have not read one comment that would suggest people should be ashamed of northerners etc etc 

On another note the met do have more knowledge available to them so I would be more inclined to trust them.  Even in the event of an epic fail all these comments that they should be ashamed etc are no good - people need to not get the personal disappointment mixed up with a non event, and the fact the met office are there to warn the public not ensure it happens...

The phrase 'having a laugh' is usually used when other people are being ridiculed, belittled etc. I thought this was supposed to be about what is happening with the potential storm, if people are in areas not affected by it then why bother to comment?

• Like 1

Posted

This seems worse than predicted already ! I'm on Portland Dorset and I can tell you it's bad !

Yeh its deeper than predicted wind here in Bournemouth is really knocking on the Window now, 51.8mph just recorded

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

Rumours across twitter from a number of weather accounts saying Scilly has recorded 100mph gust. This picture also I have come across. Showing 108mph 1/2 an hour ago!

you have to remember scilly is out in the open and right in the firing line with no protection the western isles up here can have large gusts while the main land don't see anything near it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

I totally agree. Here in Poole the winds are increasing in strength noticeably and this is only the pre cursor. The rain is relentless and my garden is becoming flooded.I am surrounded by high conifers which are swaying ominously. If our friends in the north think this is a joke then they are sadly misinformed.

Keep safe man Posted Image   for the record the northerners don't think that it's a joke - personally though I don't buy that there's 15 million in the south and only 1.5 million in the north so that's why it has to be back to back news coverage.  It is just as dangerous for people in the central belt and affects their lives as much as yours that's all some people are saying.  We are really just amazed at some of the terminology used i.e megastorm etc I just can't get my head around it - however if it turns out to be very nasty then I just hope that there's no loss of life - property can be replaced.  To counter that argument does it lessen the impact in tornado prone states when they have them regularly in the US?  Should we say "oh well they are used to them so it's not that big a story"?

I will say though in the BBC/Sky defence that if this turns out as bad as suggested then it has highlighted the knock on effect up country of severe delays etc suppose it's better to be over hyped than not hyped at all and people caught unaware?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Is anybody doing an all nighter?

No I doubt it as I have to be up at 7 but I'll stay awake until 1pm or later if things take a turn for the worst which I kind if didn't think would happen after the downgrades......Jesus just had a really strong gust of wind and the oak tree across the way moved like I've not seen it do in a long while, if the storms not even hit Cornwall yet I'm worried....😳 I'm in Exeter, Devon
  • Like 2