Sign in to follow this  
Coast

Possible severe storm Monday 28th October 2013 Part 3

so the centre 'might' be or is off the scilly isles (just had a look thru last 140 posts) and its about 985 ish deepening rapidly..

I think its going to be grim if its that deep that far out in the west..maybe not KILLER MEGASTORM...but lots of chaos is on the cards.

Ok guys this is serious now, a garden chair just fell over RIGHT OUTSIDE my house.

Could you pass on your exact location as Sky news want to do an interview.

Seven sisters just dropped another 3.1 mb in an hour-that's  a drop of over 10mb in 4 hours-985.8 @2200GMT

Highest confirmed gust so far at Needles, Isle of Wight, and was 79mph.

Posted · Hidden by J10, October 27, 2013 - Reported and rather silly
Hidden by J10, October 27, 2013 - Reported and rather silly

I don't want to scare any one but I went outside and a massive gust of wind struck my hair and messed it up I am devastated what next my plastic bag blowing away I'm scared

Estofex just updated http://www.estofex.org/ A Level 2! at this time of year!

... British Isles NW of the front ...Additional convective storms are expected to the NW of the front. These will be rather poorly organized and should not pose a significant threat of severe weather. Nevertheless, small hail and mostly- non-severe winds will probably occur with some of these.

Edited by TheToastPeople

Southern softies lolol. You can just picture the headline news on the london regionals in the morning.... "last night the wind upset a dustbin inShaftsbury".... Jeez, i'd hate to be a dustbin in Shaftsbury tonight!!!

What is it with you northerners anyway? I used to like Yorkshire people and other northerners. please don't make me change my mind.

Just come back from making a cuppa....and typed Milford Haven into BBC weather, the MetO and checked XCWeather, and they all are now giving a relatively calm night here....MetO giving no gusts at all.....now i hope this isnt tempting fate but that will do me.....Posted Image .....but if they are wrong and we do get the 70mph gusts it isnt very good info.....

Am I alone in being committed to pulling an all-nighter to watch how this system unfolds?

Nope, i'm there with ya all the way on this one. It's not every day, or night in this case when there's a 'chance' of a severe weather event happening, and i want to be awake if or when it happens. If it don't happen then i'm sure there will be many other opportunities to stay awake throughout the night in winter Posted Image

Its actually quite blowy here on the south coast...

its getting breezy for sure..might knock your purple giraffe over. Posted Image

What is it with you northerners anyway? I used to like Yorkshire people and other northerners. please don't make me change my mind.

Don't put me in that category though, if I cant get severe weather then I would rather someone else have it than none at all.

The disdain for anyone in the South is getting really too nasty here now, I'm a northerner by birth and I feel ashamed at these people.

WOAH sudden wind hitting the front door really picking up here in Bournemouth now, pressure still falling -3.3mb/hr now, nice! Make that 3.6 just now! Wind really getting going!

Edited by Rapodo

Wet and windy here on the estuary! And I'll be kicking about tonight, have a good sw view across the estuary so the rain is hammering against my window!

A snapshot of tomorrow's newspaper headlines.

Outrageous is the word, this really has gotten out of hand. This circus could do big damage

to the credibility of Met Institutions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

some really pathetic posts by those not affected by this storm on this thread

They are because this is so overly hyped by the media and the papers and sky are as much part of this story as the actual weather.....its windy its not a blooming mega storm.....