Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe storm Monday 28th October 2013 Part 3

Coast

Posted

met office latest observations are showing wind speed of 5mph in camborne with no gusts! - http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observations/london-greater-london#?tab=map&map=Wind&fcTime=1382860800&zoom=8&lon=-4.86&lat=50.42

that must be quite freaky considering whats on the way. my wife is in st ives for the week and she said the wind was howling earlier today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Can I see a sting jet on the infrared radar? 

Posted

met office latest observations are showing wind speed of 5mph in camborne with no gusts! - http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observations/london-greater-london#?tab=map&map=Wind&fcTime=1382860800&zoom=8&lon=-4.86&lat=50.42

that must be quite freaky considering whats on the way. my wife is in st ives for the week and she said the wind was howling earlier today.

This isn't to suggest the same thing is imminent, but many people who were out and about before the 1987 storm reported how calm and pleasant it was that evening....

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

My Sky box signal just dropped out in Devon, the rains picking up nicely. Bring it on.

Don't get too excited, mine just went out on on the LAncs / Yorks border 11 miles Northeast of Manchester.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

It should be fairly clear by now that things are not going as planned

Would have no trouble figuring out where the centre is, if the low had 'bombed' (see past examples)

So lack of development / explosive development, if i were to guess, it'll take the more southern option on the list

of tracks provided by recent Met Office update graphics

They may have to send the reporters to the north France coast, to report on the storm, tomorrow morning Posted Image

It could 'bomb' whilst crossing the Uk, but i'm not expecting anything special now for my location in North Devon

The centre could go right over here

Posted

Hi. I've just joined but been mostly reading the Winter thread and this Storm thread in the Last couple of days.

I am 1 min walk from Beach in Jaywick, Essex.

Wondering what to expect. I'm guessing wind about 60mph at about 6AM. It will coincide with High Tide. Will probably be asleep, but dogs will wake me if anything in house or garden is breaking I guess.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

so close to the event and still nobody knows 100% whats going to happen, looking at the radar i cant see any rotation can anybody pin point where the hell the centre of this low actually is 

Posted

Welcome to the mad house Hollowbaron. You think this is mad, wait until there's snow on the way :-D ><

so close to the event and still nobody knows 100% whats going to happen, looking at the radar i cant see any rotation can anybody pin point where the hell the centre of this low actually is 

just have on my diagramme

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Looking at XCweather winds are looking likely to be well below the predicted value at 21:00 however it's always possible that they could increase very rapidly by then.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Don't get too excited, mine just went out on on the LAncs / Yorks border 11 miles Northeast of Manchester.

that's what you get for not paying your bill Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hi obviously a lot of interest in this thread,and I would agree I would rather have a warning and it not happen than be caught out so to speak! We have tidied up the loose stuff in the garden and moved the van which is normally parked under a tree{We have had one van nearly wrote of thanks to a huge branch landing on it,luckily it only broke the windscreen,the bodywork was dented but ok} All I would say is stay safe and be sensible! Current conditions for Newbury Berks is raining and breezy with reasonable gusts,pressure is currently stable.

Hello fello newburyian! Yep I moved my car too from near a tree too and tidied the garden. See what the morrow brings heh.

Posted

This isn't to suggest the same thing is imminent, but many people who were out and about before the 1987 storm reported how calm and pleasant it was that evening....

as it happens, the same thing has happened here. i've had some hefty gusts coming off the fields behind my house today and it has generally been very windy all day. now however, there's hardly a breath of wind....

Posted

There is no eye, it is still a frontal wave with a slight comma.

Posted

Looks like everybody is getting the 'calm before the storm' as it were... 

Calm down folks im sure the wind will pick up later!

*crosses fingers* 

Posted

Just joined and wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the informative posts about the storm. Starting to tamp down with rain in the Rhondda, and the wind's ramping up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

I think the low is around Buoy 62029 winds now up to 34 mph misread the scale last time thinking was meters per second..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

The live weather station that was linked to earlier on here has certainly picked up in the last few minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Lol - why would you use that! Posted Image

No need to go anywhere since you're already on netweather...

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Thought it was part of Extra or was that changed since Winter?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Twitter :Jersey Metâ€@Jersey_Met14m

Pointe Du Raz, NW Brittany, now recording a storm force 10