Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe storm Monday 28th October 2013 Part 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

http://www.bramblemet.co.uk reporting air temps of 16.6deg!

Posted

Temperature 14.8°C
Humidity 98%
Dewpoint 14.5°C
Wind WSW
Barometer 980.3 hPa & Falling Rapidly
Rain Rate 1.2 mm/hr

Temp.@ Midnight was 

11.6°C

Light to moderate rain arrived here at about 2 am, another 20 - 30 mins before the gusts arrived and now it's almost constant gusting. I don't have any wind readings unfortunately but my ears say it's pretty loud and beginning to sound quite frantic  Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Ok local station has just shown a 61km per hour gust in Newbury. Increasing gusts and am hearing these too. 38 mph is a far amount for us inlanders. Goodness knows what the coast is like?

Edited by Polar Bear

Posted

Temperature 14.8°C

Humidity 98%i

Dewpoint 14.5°C

Wind WSW

Barometer 980.3 hPa & Falling Rapidly

Rain Rate 1.2 mm/hr

Temp.@ Midnight was

11.6°C

Light to moderate rain arrived here at about 2 am, another 20 - 30 mins before the gusts arrived and now it's almost constant gusting. I don't have any wind readings unfortunately but my ears say it's pretty loud and beginning to sound quite frantic Posted Image

. Go to wunderground website and find your nearest weather station. You just put in your town. There are usually hourly data readings for some if you look in detail.

Posted

So between 4-6am for Sussex/Surrey. If this atm isn't the worst then I cant believe what's its going to be like later

Any chance of the storm intensify before it gets here and what speeds we're expecting for sussex/surrey

Posted

its stormy out there and has been for a while now very strong gusts

Sooo, is it going to get any worse

Posted

So between 4-6am for Sussex/Surrey. If this atm isn't the worst then I cant believe what's its going to be like later

Any chance of the storm intensify before it gets here and what speeds we're expecting for sussex/surrey

Possibly up to 70mph from 6am - 9am, I am waiting up for it. Don't remember that here for years and years (Crawley). It will be quite adrenaline pumping to see that, once you see it. 

Posted

The strongest gusts are where the low tightens up on it's sw edge, this is only in the extreme SW UK so far and is tracking ENE.

Edited by Dave Clarke

Posted

. Go to wunderground website and find your nearest weather station. You just put in your town. There are usually hourly data readings for some if you look in detail.

Thanks Posted Image I have looked there before & the closest one to me on there is 20 miles away.

The readings I gave before are direct from the following station just a couple of miles away ~ 

http://www.metdesk.com/cheshamdata/ this station is situated at the bottom of a valley though and earlier in the year it did have wind speed and gusts measurements but they always always showed '0', so I imagine it's maybe to sheltered to record anything? Hence me having to use my ears Posted Image

Edited by Silver Haze
  • Like 1

Posted

Sooo, is it going to get any worse

looks likely as the low is still developing but who knows it certainly on xcweather shows all the south of  the uk in these winds its all dependant on where the low goes how it behaves etc and that will all become clearer as the night goes on, it has been encroaching northwards

Posted

Possibly up to 70mph from 6am - 9am, I am waiting up for it. Don't remember that here for years and years (Crawley). It will be quite adrenaline pumping to see that, once you see it. 

I'm in Turners Hill (near Crawley) and cant remember 70mph gusts for a long time. Already blowing around out there, garden flooded. Waiting for the main event

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Beginning to pick up here in London... Haven't got any wind measuring equipment, but there are some hefty gusts in the past couple of minutes.

• Like 1

Posted

looks likely as the low is still developing but who knows it certainly on xcweather shows all the south of  the uk in these winds its all dependant on where the low goes how it behaves etc and that will all become clearer as the night goes on, it has been encroaching northwards

What kind of speeds (gusts) do you think are likely

Posted

What kind of speeds (gusts) do you think are likely

it looks powerful,

to check  the wind speeds i suggest going on xcweather and looking at the recorded speeds

Edited by Swave Snow

Posted

I'm in Turners Hill (near Crawley) and cant remember 70mph gusts for a long time. Already blowing around out there, garden flooded. Waiting for the main event

Don't take it as definite, that is my thoughts and from looking at various sources. I do think you and me will at least get an hour of at least 50mph gusts between dawn and 9am though for sure. Even that will be something for us! 

Posted (edited) · Hidden by SF-02, October 28, 2013 - mistake
Hidden by SF-02, October 28, 2013 - mistake

Pretty much dead quiet here in south London. Can't really hear a thing. Was reasonably loud but nothing special then nothing since 15 minutes ago.

Beginning to pick up here in London... Haven't got any wind measuring equipment, but there are some hefty gusts in the past couple of minutes.

Edited by SF-02
Posted

i have no idea, it just looks powerful but i cant  tell the wind speeds i suggest going on xcweather and looking at the recorded speeds

Had a look. Already 30-50mph, what could be possible in a hour or two

Pretty much dead quiet here in south London. Can't really hear a thing. Was reasonably loud but nothing special then nothing since 15 minutes ago.

Posted

Don't take it as definite, that is my thoughts and from looking at various sources. I do think you and me will at least get an hour of at least 50mph gusts between dawn and 9am though for sure. Even that will be something for us! 

50mph is still pretty good. Wanted the 78mph met office said a couple of days ago though :p

Posted

Seems to be quietening down here which means I can go back to sleep! I think that was it for us. I am quite pleased really it wasn't as bad as it could have been for me. Selfish I know. Sorry.