Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe storm Monday 28th October 2013 Part 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

It seems to of calmed a bit here on the IOW ?  have we seen the worst or is there more to come yet ?

I don't think it will get much worse. It has generally leveled off here gusting around  the 70's

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Yeah it's terrible out there, I couldn't get very far. Post it wherever, I don't mind Posted Image

Thanks, credit will go to you. Yes its very bad, I am expected the wind to pick up in the next 2hours and with the soil loose due to the heavy rain, we could see some fallen trees by the morning however I dont think the winds will be as bad as it will be on the south coast.

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Can anyone confirm that the centre of the low is due to enter Wales or has done so already!!

It's over Bristol area currently with a central pressure of around 980mb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heatwaves & thunderstorms

Its probably over South Wales by now, waiting for the chart off meteocentre to confirm this though.

Thanks for informing me!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

Lots of people asleep I guess, starting to pick up here Strongest winds have been in the last 15 mins...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Awake here in brentford west lond. The rain is quite something now. Wind picking up in bursts..

Posted

The wind is now rumbling here and I can see branches and stuff blowing around in the wind when it gusts! 

Posted

Still awake here. far too noisy to sleep. A lot of reports of trees down blocking roads. Wish it would all calm down and let me sleep!

Pressure now down to 985 on the coast here and winds still really gusty, just when I think it is calming down a massive gust jerks me awake.

Posted

Still awake here. far too noisy to sleep. A lot of reports of trees down blocking roads. Wish it would all calm down and let me sleep!

Pressure now down to 985 on the coast here and winds still really gusty, just when I think it is calming down a massive gust jerks me awake.

Think we're just at the beginning, isn't it worse in sussex between 3.30-6.00 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

I am going to try and sleep, still 70+ and noisy here, did drop but back a little but just as strong as ever now.

Regards...Zzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

here by villa park brum it's all quiet still but it's raining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

appears to be picking up a bit again, the rain has been relentless, got to be at least 6hrs non stop raining.

• Like 2

Posted

I am going to try and sleep, still 70+ and noisy here, did drop but back a little but just as strong as ever now.

Regards...Zzzzzzzzzz

Don't reckon I will sleep even though I am trying as the wind is blowing directly at my bedroom window as if it hates me! Thank goodness for double glazing but even that can't keep the noise out. I promise never to complain about the neighbours noisy garden parties again! :)

Still at least it hasn't got any worse in the past hour. Going to try ear plugs now.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Yh not even a breeze here in brum light rain, and we was in the amber warning lol hope people in the south are OK nite all

• Like 2

Posted

Any thoughts of how this will affect norfolk

A period from 10am to 3pm could be your turn so to speak, more likely NW gales/severe gales as the system exits through The Wash - You may get gusts up to 75mph

Posted

just woke up ready for work {baker} and,well its wet here and windy with some strong gusts every now and then

,, looked outside, no bins tumbling down the road, no trees have toppled over they are bending but only what i see every year at this time. should be fun making my way to work.. maybe il do a mary poppins scene!!