Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe storm Monday 28th October 2013 Part 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Does anyone here think they will need to use this......? Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 4

Posted

If id have been picky...id have also said that tends only to be true for closed circulations....but we shant go down that road and in essence, it can also occur before open circulations, but not so much as in the true sense of the word anyway!

Posted

Seven stones light ship ....pressure drop of 6.4mb over last 2 hrs 985.9mb at 2200

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

people the fast drop in pressure might not indicate rapid intensification the system is moving through quite quick as well so maybe have to factor that in a little as well

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

2.6mb drop in pressure here in benfleet over the last hour.

996mb to 993.4mb

Wind has dropped from 17 to 6.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

I think chris K just put in perspective of what might happen. Lol. 330kph winds on jupiter. but hey, im still reading this thread with great interest

Edited by island lad
  • Like 1

Posted

Soooo, do what does everyone think. Will the storm intensify and the winds get stronger, will whats predicted at the moment happen, or will the forecast get better. Are we in for any last minute change???

Posted

Soooo, do what does everyone think. Will the storm intensify and the winds get stronger, will whats predicted at the moment happen, or will the forecast get better. Are we in for any last minute change???

If the professionals aren't sure then none of us really have any idea either.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather Events

Winding up now!!!

BBC Lookeast late bulletin mentioned MetO considering increasing severe weather warning from amber to red for north Norfolk. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Rain has started to get very heavy here in my part of S Glos now and it looks like we got plenty more of the stuff incoming. I'd imagine surface water alone will cause problems for my drive to work in the morning.

Pressure is at 989.0 and it says on my local weather station that it is currently dropping at 2.2mb an hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I doubt I'll get any responses to this question, but I'm currently lurking on an unrelated forum (don't really meet membership criteria hence lurking) where the resident amateur meteorologist has logged-off for the evening.  There's a member there whose family are in Denmark, and this member read a reference to the low deepening rapidly in the North Sea and possibly heading that way.  Apparently, she rang her relatives who said they'd heard nothing and essentially told her she was worrying about nothing.  She is assuming that either they've not watched Danish news or a weather forecast this last few days and are being very complacent, or that the Danish forecasters have somehow failed to appreciate that there's a decent chance of this system affecting them later tomorrow.

Does anyone have any thoughts (apologies for OT nature of this post)?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Thunderstorms and Heatwaves

Wind is picking up where I am!!

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Heavy rain here in Wellington Somerset and, after a very calm evening ,the wind is starting to pick up .............mild as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Is that the number of people in this thread or the pressure.

Sorry. Posted Image

It's millipedes :D

Sorry, bars... :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

I think chris K just put in perspective of what might happen. Lol. 330kph winds on jupiter. but hey, im still reading this thread with great interest

infact, can you imagine an anticyclonic storm to be 3 times the size of earth. - sorry to be off topic but i love all things space.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Its going to be good in places, but definitely not a stonker anymore, if October 87 for storms was the equivalent of Jan 87 for snow, then this is the equivalent of say first sat in feb 12.

• Like 3

Posted

988mb at the buoy near Milford Haven. 6mb drop in 4 hours. 12z UKMO had that location at around 982mb at midnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

Met Office chart for 0600 tomorrow morning. Issued 2200 this evening.

post-3325-0-17601300-1382913889_thumb.jp

All London airports currently showing a predicted gust of up to 60KT between 0400-0800. Bristol and Cardiff airports showing between 45-60KTS between 0400-0600. Neither Southampton, Shoreham or Lydd airports on the south coast are open overnight so there is currently no forecast data for these immediate areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just deleted several posts from members discussing their favourite alcoholic drinks........ bizarre to say the least in this thread discussion!

• Like 8