Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe storm Monday 28th October 2013 Part 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Quite impressive shower stream behind  the storm ,is this a sign of its potential strength ?...

Quite impressive shower stream behind  the storm ,is this a sign of its potential strength ?...

what site are u looking at to view that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow cold snow cold cold cold

Didn't expect anything here in thirsk, North Yorkshire, but the windows are rattling and I have just seen a recycling box fly past the window! So glad I haven't got the school run in the morning!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I'm beginning to get better wind readings now the winds have switched. I'm a bit obstructed to the West but not in the South/South West, i should be able to get some great readings tonight.Bar is falling rapidly - 993.9hPa and 19mm of rain has already fallen. I'm off out very shortly, so if you wonder where i am, Mapantz are probably being blown off. Posted Image

Enjoy, look forward to seeing how it all panned out come tomorrow, be Safe bud!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Raining steadily now!!!

Posted

#ukstorm Highest gust at 9pm: 67mph at Needles, Isle of Wight. 82mph gust observed at Ouessant, NW France

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Not sure what most people use, but the MetOffice Aviation Prog gives the following. This was just updated at 2100 - won't be surprised to see Gust 70knots in places inland like Biggin Hill Airport/Bristol Airport. 

Posted Image

Posted

Didn't expect anything here in thirsk, North Yorkshire, but the windows are rattling and I have just seen a recycling box fly past the window! So glad I haven't got the school run in the morning!!!

Gosh it's not even that bad down south in Berkshire, are you sure this storm is going to be bad down south.

Posted

Just had the torrential rain. Next will be a spell of very windy weather but after tomorrow 9AM looks like a nice enough day for the end of October. Looking like the storm will really hit NW Europe Mainland later tomorrow.

Close one.

• Like 1

Posted

Gosh it's not even that bad down south in Berkshire, are you sure this storm is going to be bad down south.

Posted

Not sure what most people use, but the MetOffice Aviation Prog gives the following. This was just updated at 2100 - won't be surprised to see Gust 70knots in places inland like Biggin Hill Airport/Bristol Airport. 

Posted Image

used to work at biggin :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

NAE showing a slower development and making this a longer event for the far south east (with winds of equivalent force to the 12z). Looks to be a lesser event further north now according to it.

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Sat 24 infra red .

thanks i do use that now and again but im getting a blank screen at the mo

Posted

It's so exciting that you never know where this storm is going to turn up haha, not that I am complaining, I love weather extremes! :-)

Posted

The system doesn't look much at all on the latest NAE run, as outlined by Nick appears it won't under go rapid Intensification until it exits the east coast.Perhaps gusts to 70mph on some exposed coasts.And some strong gusts just as it departs East Anglia.Gusts inland 40-50MPH at most, perhaps a little more in East Anglia/Southeast as system centre clears and winds back northwesterly.

Really it's the models overhype it rather than the MetO. I didn't expect anything more than we normally would get anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

nothing in NWest Eng it was windier earlier

No surprise there then.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Hi guys

I thought the north, whilst missing out on the wind, was going to get most rain?

Looking at the radar for the past few hours, the heaviest rain is along the south coast and I cant see any northward movement of that at all??

Not much getting up to Sheffield it seems!

• Like 1

Posted

i think it's going to take a more southerly track and go across the channel and france. I think it will be the far south /south west and south eastern areas that will see the worst of the winds 50-80mph and maybe 90mph on coasts and hills, it is enough to do damage, but in my opinion it's just going to be a normal October storm. I think it will be the very very heavy rain we need to watch, and coastal waves/flooding. However it appears the heavy rain is staying to the south

Edited by Thunder Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

the wind has really picked up here. currently sustained at 35 knots , gusting to 45 knots !!

Gonna be a long night !!!

Posted

No surprise there then.

But then when we get up we dont have to look for our fence .