Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe storm Monday 28th October 2013 Part 3

Coast

Posted

Severe winds and gusts forecast to hit here in the early hours until about 6 in the morning; patience required.

It' s currently 8.40 pm Sunday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

met office latest observations are showing wind speed of 5mph in camborne with no gusts! - http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observations/london-greater-london#?tab=map&map=Wind&fcTime=1382860800&zoom=8&lon=-4.86&lat=50.42

that must be quite freaky considering whats on the way. my wife is in st ives for the week and she said the wind was howling earlier today.

That is scary some may think nothing is on its way then BOOM! it hits.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Hope I'm ok adding this, but am I right in thinking that the curvy bit in front of my arrow is our trouble maker?

Wow where did you get that from.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

There is no eye, it is still a frontal wave with a slight comma.

I think he meant the centre of the low, which technically is the eye but it isn't a hurricane so we wouldn't see one. 

• Like 1

Posted

Still 4 hours before the low begins to cross into the Bristol channel, lack of wind reports is common-place with RACY events given their nature and even sting-jet's can only be pin-pointed with any accuracy via Satellite as the low moves into range. I have it at 988mb and moving consistently (thus far) with the projections.

• Like 2

Posted

Hello fello newburyian! Yep I moved my car too from near a tree too and tidied the garden. See what the morrow brings heh.

Hi I live in north NewburyPosted Image  Just looked out of the window, light breeze, tree's hardly moving,pressure still constant, temp 11.9oc Raining.

Posted

If MetO were to issue red warnings would they do it before everyone goes to bed? not much use to anyone if people are sleeping.

No....that would totally go against what a red warning symbolises if I recall Red warnings are FLASH warnings 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

Maximum Wind Gust Competition: My punt:  Beachy Head =87mph

Posted

I think he meant the centre of the low, which technically is the eye but it isn't a hurricane so we wouldn't see one. 

Yes I meant centre of the low, but folk might understand it better as the 'eye' I thought, not matter ay? :-p

Posted

We had an eye on the '87 storm and that wasn't a hurricane. Came back on as the wind is stopping me sleeping anyway.

• Like 1

Posted

If its going to bomb ,it better get a move on ..

It's on schedule, it really doesn't need to "get a move on" as your suggesting. Sit tight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Wow where did you get that from.

It's an app called Living Earth
  • Like 3

Well unless someone picked up Cardiff and South Wales and moved it to England then I would suggest maybe your geography is not that good. That map shows Cardiff in red zone with 80mph gusts - what is firing line if that not substantial. The Meto also put South Wales in firing line and their report from Ian Fergusson mentions Bristol and Cardiff are area of concern behind the low NW quadrant.

I am disappointed as your supposed to be part of the netweather team !!!

With respect not really impressed by that comment. Going by today's charts, Wales is not in the main firing line, much of Wales is set to escape without any storms. SE Wales is set to see the highest winds of places in Wales, for a period from say midnight-2am, but not to the extent of England. But the greatest focus is towards Southern coasts of England, where the winds are set to be greater.

Winds in parts of Wales gusted to over 60mph today, and the vast majority of Wales is unlikely to see winds that strong overnight IMO.

• Like 5

Posted

It was forecast to decrease prior to the developing system moving in - most likely to see winds increasing again in the next few hours as it approaches.

from the wind forecasts on  XC  weather and a few of the European models it was supposed to be slowly increasing all evening? plus the centre of the Low is about 10 deg west and running along just below 50deg north line still a little further south.

Estofex have given warning out for Northern france and Germany expecting the low/disturbance to take a more southerly track than some models? 

well im of to bed to go to work a 4:30 so i wlll find out one way or another :)

Posted
Posted · Hidden by J10, October 27, 2013 - Bad taste
Hidden by J10, October 27, 2013 - Bad taste

I agree, a really poor analogy. So what analogy would you use to compare people who wish for death and destruction during a weather event?

Lemmings?

• Like 1