Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe storm Monday 28th October 2013 Part 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Ofc people like to see death and destruction. The most watched videos on youtube are of crashes, death and destruction. And I bet most folk on here have avidly sought out videos of tornadoes, hurricanes and floods. It'd human nature to be ghoulish, it's nothing to be ashamed about. Just look at the Victorians! 

Perhaps it should be called the Halloween storm ,Although we are a few days away from there!.Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Blimey. When I joined in '04 we had a meltdown if 300 were online! lol

I see we have had our location etc taken off freeview already.

Looking at the sustained wind data from the likes of the mumbles and Portland bill, the wind is currently weakening ( 17:00 = 44mph/ 19:00 = 36mph)and has been for the last few hours, were as it was forecast to be picking up. the centre of the secondary low if it follows the upper jet as it has been will be more likely to go through slightly to the south along the channel??

It was forecast to decrease prior to the developing system moving in - most likely to see winds increasing again in the next few hours as it approaches.

Posted

Roads are like rivers here, the leaves that blew off of trees earlier are being swept on down. Crazy rain!Posted Image

wherever 'here' is M as you do not show your nearest town for some reason?

Posted

Wind has dropped significantly here in the last 1/2 hr. Rain is now light after some torrential downpours around an hour ago....is that it?

Im in Pencoed, South Wales - my avatar used to show my location. Sorry.

Edited by willitbsunny

Posted

Anyone able to do a quick scribble on this sat pic to show just where the centre of the low is atm etc. It's a bit messy looking and I can't pick out the centre of the low?

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just like the MetOffice and their warnings.. if they overhype it you ask why, if they played it down and something serious happened you'd go mad.

Same with trains, if they cancel early you say they should wait and see, if they cancel at the last minute you'd complain that they didn't notify people earlier! Some of you just love a moan.Just stay on topic - I'm watching from South West Wales expecting some rain and a little bit of wind, not much else! Unsure whether I want any strong gusts.. Waking up for work hearing wind and rain really doesn't persuade me to get out of bed :D

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by J10, October 27, 2013 - Off Topic
Hidden by J10, October 27, 2013 - Off Topic

If this storm fails to bring the predicted winds and rain rail passengers will be going bonkers with all these cancellations

Their ticket price rises don't fail to come though do they. Though, that's for another forum haha. Edited by rmc1987
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Locations have been turned off, 

Posted

Wind has dropped significantly here in the last 1/2 hr. Rain is now light after some torrential downpours around an hour ago....is that it?

It's almost as if you're posting without having bothered to read the countless posts replying to similar "but it's better now than before " posts. Surely no one can be that daft, though? Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Quite incredible what I am watching on Sky News. Unbelievable. This is the most over hyped weather event I have ever seen. It could do untold damage to the reputation of meteorological institutions.

This is really not even a storm. Any level headed forecaster can see this, just take a look at the charts in an unbiased manner. A brief windy interlude with heavy rain is what it is. Very windy along souther coasts.

Edited by Matty M
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've put my location in my signature John. :)

Posted

Anyone able to do a quick scribble on this sat pic to show just where the centre of the low is atm etc. It's a bit messy looking and I can't pick out the centre of the low?

Posted Image

Even the experts can't seem to pick out the center of the low from satellite pics, Starting to think this may not be as bad as people think it will be . 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

locations are off to save the servers.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

A sudden drop in wind gusts here in the last 2 hours, earlier we had heavy showers with 50-60mph wind gusts, winds are peaking at 30mph at the most now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

You cant, the same as THAT ECM night, meltdown has caused Netweather to turn off personal data.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Much better satellite images here:

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

Thank Mr Holmes for that intel.

• Like 2

Posted

Hi obviously a lot of interest in this thread,and I would agree I would rather have a warning and it not happen than be caught out so to speak! We have tidied up the loose stuff in the garden and moved the van which is normally parked under a tree{We have had one van nearly wrote of thanks to a huge branch landing on it,luckily it only broke the windscreen,the bodywork was dented but ok} All I would say is stay safe and be sensible! 

Current conditions for Newbury Berks is raining and breezy with reasonable gusts,pressure is currently stable. 

• Like 1

Posted

It's almost as if you're posting without having bothered to read the countless posts replying to similar "but it's better now than before " posts. Surely no one can be that daft, though? Posted Image

Touchy much? Walks away to find another forum where you won't get your head bitten off for daring to post.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Some of the comments from people about the Met Office 'looking stupid' if this isn't Armageddon beggars belief, sorry folks but Already just outside Yeovil a big tree blew down and that was during the squally gusts earlier! Previous storms with winds not as bad claim lives.

I'm a weather fanatic like most of you - but sometimes the comments made when there's an event unfolding are ridiculous! OK, I feel better now!!!

I'm 3 miles east of Somerton in Somerset ( driving to Reading at 9am tomorrow)

• Like 2

It's the lull before the storm. Winds will ease this evening before picking up tonight, but Wales is not currently in the main firing line.

Here is the NW warning issued earlier.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=weather-alerts;reg=4;sess=4bc5dc045fe08bc95113a61c0d806126

Edited by J10
  • Like 3