Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I don't care who delivers the weather, Shefali, Miss piggy or even kermit the frog will do me as long as it snows Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I don't care who delivers the weather, Shefali, Miss piggy or even kermit the frog will do me as long as it snows Posted Image

yeah, thats true, bbc tv weather mentioned possible snow for midlands, will be good to see some falling, as it wont lie here anyway

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lights just flickered here a bit too. Rare that happens here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Intense squall line incoming, at least this weather is interesting, even if it isn't wintry.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Squall just passed through here. Not very windy but some of the craziest rain Ive ever seen. Very brief but mad. I would descrive it as ROG, Rain and visibility so bad it gave Fog like conditions. Possibly was a little Hail mixed in too. Short but sweet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Stoke match suspended due to hail! Crazy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Intense squall line incoming, at least this weather is interesting, even if it isn't wintry.

gone off at league cup at stoke for hail storm! no hail here boring location

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Intense squall just passed through. Bins out for tommorrow have deposited themselves around the street. Sky went off for a while, intense rain and the wind made it impossible to open the front door.

Posted

Some rather intense downpours here but missed the very worst of it, temperature dropped from 10.5c to 5.2c in a matter of 15 minutes though.

• Like 1

Posted

I drove through that hail and rain on the way back from Stoke about 8pm, hit it around Ashleyheath/Loggerheads. Dreadful driving conditions, had to go down to below 30 on a 60mph roads and the visibility was less than 50m.

Posted

Hmm 18z NAE much further south tomorrow, have a feeling it may well zip through SW England and along the south in the end given the way things usually go...

Posted

Hmm 18z NAE much further south tomorrow, have a feeling it may well zip through SW England and along the south in the end given the way things usually go...

bloody hell hell how can it differ that much in the space of 6 hours. 6 hours ago it was showing a direct hiy for Wales and north west England. Just ridiculous really.

Posted

Still is perfect on the GFS so still hope yet but given past setups these 50+ mile southward shifts are pretty common last minute, here's hoping i'm wrong but I wouldn't be shocked if the northern extent was Cardiff in the end.

• Like 1

Posted

18z NAE is very good bringing the West Midlands into the heart of tomorrows ppn. Posted Image

C'mon Conor you still get a decent shout on that run and it will shift a bit more. Given todays runs the best of it is going to be somewhere in the Midlands. No recent runs are giving SW England a chance so we can probably rule them out.

Edited by Blizzards
  • Like 1

Posted

Peak district forecast 5-15 cm snow tomorrow night.... Accum even to low levels...... Woohoo.... Bring it on..... Esp with xmas decs on..... Would make my week with all the bad news ive had.....

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 3

Posted

18z NAE is very good bringing the West Midlands into the heart of tomorrows ppn. Posted Image

C'mon Conor you still get a decent shout on that run and it will shift a bit more. Given todays runs the best of it is going to be somewhere in the Midlands. No recent runs are giving SW England a chance so we can probably rule them out.

does leicester have a chance. And what time does it shlw the snow arriving?

Posted

does leicester have a chance. And what time does it shlw the snow arriving?

Yep a fairly good chance right now but band probably thinning by the time it reaches the East Mids but maybe an hour or a bit more of some ppn likely. Fairly wet any snow. Maybe a slushy slight covering at best there.

Posted

I'm purely going on past events so i'm hoping i'm wrong as would be nice to at least see a few flakes before the next onslaught of stormzilla.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It was a bit wild tonight wasn't it?! A man in Warwickshire was injured after a tree fell on his car, just brings home the danger of the weather. Fingers crossed for more interesting weather over the next few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

The squall line that passed through around 8.30pm was very intense here in Stoke causing the delay in the Cup Match at the Britannia.

I've never seen quite an intense squall like it. The rain/hail was so intense it was causing a fog like effect. The sustained winds at this point were crazy. Car alarms were going off and everyone was stood watching from there windows.

It lasted maybe around 3-4 minutes maximum but it was fantastic to watch. Prior to this it had been blowy and pouring with rain. Once the squall passed, it calmed down and has stopped raining and everything is now still again.

I guess the wind is over for here...not so much further north.

Posted

Latest gfs has 1 inch precip which dependant on intensity, dew points, height could mean 3-9 inches of snow over the pennines.... Heres hoping for some flakes maybe more at 300m tomorrow... Ps was 11c at 8pm.... Now 4c.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

The squall line that passed through around 8.30pm was very intense here in Stoke causing the delay in the Cup Match at the Britannia.

I've never seen quite an intense squall like it. The rain/hail was so intense it was causing a fog like effect. The sustained winds at this point were crazy. Car alarms were going off and everyone was stood watching from there windows.

It lasted maybe around 3-4 minutes maximum but it was fantastic to watch. Prior to this it had been blowy and pouring with rain. Once the squall passed, it calmed down and has stopped raining and everything is now still again.

I guess the wind is over for here...not so much further north.

That squall was something else. Me and the boss were stood gawping out the window with our mouths wide open at the sheer intensity. Not seen anything like it in a long time.

Posted

Indeed as I described earlier, visibility was so bad for a time it may as well have been Dense Fog out there. Amazing it really was for a brief time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

I think the size of the squall line was also impressive, the way it stretched across the country in such a thin line.