Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted

really rough out there at moment, Been in the Peak District most of morning and quite dangerous.

high winds, debris all over the roads, trees down, wheelie bins flying, and lots of fence panels, and sheds.

take care.

• Like 2

Posted

Impressive squall came through here at around 13:20, small branches all over the roads and 40/50 mph winds. Temp dropped from 11C to 8.6C in the last hour.  

Posted

I don't understand why certain posters dislike poor old Shefali so much? Genuinely baffling.

Bish

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

very windy here had heavy birsts of rain earllyer on. Rain stopt now but the winds remain.

Posted

Wind is my least favourite weather, hoping we're nearly through the worst locally. I have fence panels down and many friends have lost trampolines! Just checked meto and it now says light snow showers for my area at midnight. Certainly didn't say that earlier!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Sorry Midlands Regional - just a question for mods - has the Welsh Regional discussion been blown away?  Can't seem to access it.

We had howling gale when it passed through Glyn Ceiriog (Shropshire Wrexham borders) with driving hail and rain, then it went beautifully blue and now that slightly yellowy coloured grey that might, hopefully, betoke a leetle bit of snow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Wales thread worked for me after swept the cobwebs off it!

Posted

Sadly a man killed in Notts by a tree as he passed through a park in Retford:

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Man-killed-wind-blows-tree-park/story-20266740-detail/story.html

Posted

Some impressive showers starting to move through the region from the north west right now.

Bish

See if they have the legs to get to Brum

Posted

really rough out there at moment, Been in the Peak District most of morning and quite dangerous.high winds, debris all over the roads, trees down, wheelie bins flying, and lots of fence panels, and sheds. take care.

Worst gusts seemed to be when front cleared..... Road near me was a river for ten minutes..... Road was full of rubbish bins further down into glossop.... Nerly lot a few fence panels but managed to get them secured but they were really bending over.... Was quite ferocious...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Not my sort of weather this, find it crap, I know typical autumn/early Dec but still crap! bring on the high pressure from Monday, cannot believe bbc going for 11C on monday

i remember thurs 6th Dec last year was very similar to today

Posted

We've had rather alot of damage today, but the main talking point for everyone around here was the cloud iridescence!

It has to have been the most beautiful, and biggest display I've ever seen, even in books!

At one point 1/5 of the sky was pearlescent with brighter rainbows mixed in. 

I couldn't care less about anything else today, I feel privileged to have been able to witness this display which lasted for well over an hour  just after the cold front had moved through.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The photos don't do it justice but hopefully someone will have got better

• Like 6

Posted

Almost all fence panels blown down today, incredibly windy day with frequent gale force gusts, calming down however now and thus begins potentially two weeks of no sunshine!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Almost all fence panels blown down today, incredibly windy day with frequent gale force gusts, calming down however now and thus begins potentially two weeks of no sunshine!

just hope the high can be modelled a bit further north, to allow clear skies to move in from the SE, but likely this will be a cloudy high

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Light/mod snow falling here now.

• Like 3

Posted

We've had rather alot of damage today, but the main talking point for everyone around here was the cloud iridescence!

It has to have been the most beautiful, and biggest display I've ever seen, even in books!

At one point 1/5 of the sky was pearlescent with brighter rainbows mixed in. 

I couldn't care less about anything else today, I feel privileged to have been able to witness this display which lasted for well over an hour  just after the cold front had moved through.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The photos don't do it justice but hopefully someone will have got better

stunning!

Wonder if we'll wake to a light covering of snow tomorrow, meto still forecasting snow showers for my area.

• Like 2

Posted

think we will have some snow here overnight, temps falling still and heavy showers heading in on brick NW.

bit of wild day here all told, trees down everywhere, temps now at 1.9.

Posted Image

Posted

Just took a look outside. No frost, temps around 3c. Thinking back to the BBC forecasts at the start of the week with the mass of northerly wind arrows and the words 'arctic blast'. A good lesson in how quickly things can change. It's not really much different to previous mornings out there. Less cloud maybe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A thin covering of snow here this morning; haven't been out to measure it yet but there looks to be about 0.5 cm.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes TM, a nice dusting of snow this morning. Temp 0.8c.

Posted

Stayed up at 4c here overnight in the end, looks like an exciting time to be in Central/Eastern Europe right now.