Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted

Looking at forecasts from Scotland, the forecast is going to plan. Sadly. It never goes wrong when we want it to does it?!

Still...at least we know we have a horrid day in store tomorrow. Far worse if we were forecast something special and end up with a horrid wet day anyway!

Never mind. Maybe tomorrow's cold front will give us something else that is interesing. Nothing like a good sudden squall!

Edited by Gord

Posted

Looking at forecasts from Scotland, the forecast is going to plan. Sadly. It never goes wrong when we want it to does it?!

Still...at least we know we have a horrid day in store tomorrow. Far worse if we were forecast something special and end up with a horrid wet day anyway!

Never mind. Maybe tomorrow's cold front will give us something else that is interesing. Nothing like a good sudden squall!

Yes, gone are the days of expecting snow and getting rain, and vice versa. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

One to watch for tomorrow is in to the afternoon with these showers coming down from the N/W, If they are on the heavy side,They could be quite wintry! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Yep you might be right there triple_x1, Into December and tomorrows forecast we would be seeing plenty of flakes!

Instead maybe the only chance come tomorrow of seeing a flake is going up the local shops and buying one Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

They haven't half shrank in size lol..moan, moan groan Posted Image

Chocolate bars that is! Anyway..the weather, better get back on Topic eh? (Booh hiss)

I know its cold out there! I'm just glad ya mentioned......Chocolate bars Posted Image   "Better get back on Topic" I like them as well Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Settling snow on my Facebook feed across Derbyshire.

Yes, a thin snow cover here early this morning but it's all gone now and we have light-moderate rain.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes, a thin snow cover here early this morning but it's all gone now and we have light-moderate rain.

I was fast asleep !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A very thin and slushy cover of snow up at Flash Bar as the back edge of the front clears http://www.flashbarstores.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

The heavy rain hasn't hit here yet but I am surprised how cold the school run was!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

winds very gusty here with heavy rain. Agree with PolarWarsaw some of the bawring weather coming up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Torrential rain and gales here shame it wasn't a touch colder would have been some nice snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

The heavy rain hasn't hit here yet but I am surprised how cold the school run was!

Hiya Serendipity

Just had torrential rain and gales pass thru Solihull.

Last 3 mins ha included heavy hail, which has left a thin ice covering. Temperature dipping quickly under te storm and even bits of sleet are falling as I type.

Be with you in 20mins.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Torrential rain and gales here shame it wasn't a touch colder would have been some nice snow.

cannot be colder, even in winter Jan to Apr, this setup cannot really be colder, at low levels anyway,

if it had been between Jan and April, would be only a snowfest for terminal moraine and polar maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Heavy rain setting in here, quite blustery too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Hiya Serendipity

Last 3 mins ha included heavy hail, which has left a thin ice covering. Temperature dipping quickly under te storm and even bits of sleet are falling as I type.

Be with you in 20mins.

MIA

To complete the picture the temperature has dropped from 6.7C to 3.5C in te last 5 minutes and its now defo sleet.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

To complete the picture the temperature has dropped from 6.7C to 3.5C in te last 5 minutes and its now defo sleet.

Thanks MIA, we have the heavy rain here too and the wind but all rain. We are lower than you though and don't tend to get anything in any marginal situations, it is truly horrid out there!

Posted

I was trying to get to work when that hit Solihull - impeccable timing as usual! Posted Image

I could see what was heading our way via the radar, so decided to set out to work slightly earlier than usual to try & beat it.

Got stuck in the inevitable traffic jam in Solihull however, and by the time I got to the car-park all hell was breaking loose outside - gales, driving rain, then several minutes of accumulative hail. Decided to stay put in my car whilst it passed, even though I ended up being late for work.

I took a couple of short movies on my mobile, I'll post them later if they are any good.

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

cannot be colder, even in winter Jan to Apr, this setup cannot really be colder, at low levels anyway,

if it had been between Jan and April, would be only a snowfest for terminal moraine and polar maritime

The 850 hpa would be colder in winter so the low that came down the eastern side of the uk would of had colder 850hpa uppers rapped around it,

Plus ground temps would been lower as well so snow would of been wide spread.

Posted

First snow warning....

Hope you get loads Posted Image Anyway the only thing i could do with that is make one of thesePosted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i c u folks in stafs got a yello warning for snow. Ah well enjoy. Some folks in the md thread starting to look at 384h charts for the next cold spell.