Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted

Wet snow now falling, bit of a Cheshire gap flow of showers setting up.

had some wet snow showers last night midnight on the way back from Sheffield, although I was driving over Beeley Moor, (1000 metres)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Dry as a bone here a nice crisp day, after the rain tomorrow its going to be dry and cold for quite a bit of time the weather forecasts should be funny, dry and cold, dry and cold, dry and cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Have a feeling tomorrow will be an absolute washout, constant heavy rain coming in from cheshire gap, hate NW winds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

A cold night here, coldest of this autumn so far, 0.4oC presently (and that's the minimum, we tend to keep getting colder even after dawn as we're on the west side of the Malverns). Frosty out, clear and will be sunny once it gets round the hills!

Posted

What areas does it show shaky could do with a flurry to lift the spirits

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Nae showing a band of light snow tomorrow afternoon

That model is shocking, stick to GFS

Anything to lift spirits, today is 17th anniversary of my famous snow! Tues 19th Nov '96

Edited by IrememberAtlantic252

Posted

Thanks Iremember I just dream of winters past lol

Posted

What a surprise, rain showers all night with no frost and then further drizzly/light rain showers all morning without a hint of wintriness.

FINALLY some sunshine now, looks like a rare pleasant afternoon but if this upcoming spell of weather is as cloudy as I think then we may well of had our first entirely frost less Autumn I can remember!

Edited by conor123

Posted

What a surprise, rain showers all night with no frost and then further drizzly/light rain showers all morning without a hint of wintriness. FINALLY some sunshine now, looks like a rare pleasant afternoon but if this upcoming spell of weather is as cloudy as I think then we may well of had our first entirely frost less Autumn I can remember!

You need to relocate Conor. Even a few miles and you'd be so more cheerful!

Posted

You need to relocate Conor. Even a few miles and you'd be so more cheerful!

Me and Summer of 95 really do draw the short straw time and time again with our microclimate's :lol:, luckily the shield is having an afternoon off, gorgeous sunshine now and feels much milder than 4.4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So then, another downbeat day of model viewing. High pressure/anti-cyclonic weather is fine for a day or 2, but anymore than that and you really head into 'this is boring' - the fact that the weather looks likely to stay the same for 7-10 days minimum fills with me about the same level of 'meh' as raging zonality. I don't particularly enjoy freezing weather, I prefer snowy weather and on that basis - as far as I'm concerned give me gales and rainstorms in place of dry, frosty but boring. This is the weather, it needs to be interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

So then, another downbeat day of model viewing. High pressure/anti-cyclonic weather is fine for a day or 2, but anymore than that and you really head into 'this is boring' - the fact that the weather looks likely to stay the same for 7-10 days minimum fills with me about the same level of 'meh' as raging zonality. I don't particularly enjoy freezing weather, I prefer snowy weather and on that basis - as far as I'm concerned give me gales and rainstorms in place of dry, frosty but boring. This is the weather, it needs to be interesting.

Gosh I disagree really. Get the cold in place, that's what I always want and then surprises almost always occur! OK it might not be our turn for a surprise but eventually it will be. Loving today, cold but bright and sunny.

• Like 2

Posted

Well for me I've just enjoyed the sun this afternoon I don't mind it being cold without snow for the moment, anyway I think I could go this winter without snow since the large snowfalls in January and March earlier this year split up by a week of metre deep snow in the alps

Posted

I really love this sunny, crisp weather, far better than dreary grey skies. Unless those grey skies come with interesting weather like rain/snow/storms. If we get more of this I won't complain.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Nae showing a band of light snow tomorrow afternoon

Beginning to think the NAE could be onto something (although I admit I haven't looked at the actual chart yet). But just came across this by FergieWeather in the model thread... :)

GFS aside, in nearer-term the 12z NAE signals a small-scale low associated with the occlusion wraparound as it moves SE'ward tomorrow afternoon-eve. WBFL's circa 500-600m in zone between this feature and the cold front (which itself has strong line convection signal)..... we anticipate some wet snow approx Cotswolds down across M4 corridor to the SE as it runs south, aided by slack wind environment. Critical PPN rates only around 2-4mm p/hr needed to help turn this to snow.

Looks like it won't be a whole Midlands event, though it will probably be one of those 'look out the window to see what weather you get' cases.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Brass Monkey weather out there at the moment, -0.4c and it's not even eight o'clock yet Posted Image

Bish

Gosh! :o

Discovered their was a slight icy covering on top of the black wheelie bin having recently gone outside, so I'm guessing the temperature in this part of Solihull must be very similar too. I wonder how low the temperature can drop tonight before the cloud and (likely) rain arrives?

• Like 1

Posted

Indeed, it's got cold early this evening. A good frost developing already here.

One of those nights though when an approaching system will lift temperatures back above freezing before dawn...and a lot of rain to come as well by the time we wake up. We got a lot of nights like these in our winters.

Posted

Just beginning to get frosty here. Currently 0.4oC