Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted

Going to be horrendous for the north west of the region today, worst is to come yet, south of the region though dry

Meant to be like this for the rest of the day then ?

Posted

Ahhh what a surprise, the most ideal wind direction to get the heavy stuff hitting us through the Cheshire Gap comes when it's to mild to be of any excitement.

Frequent heavy showers coupled with a strong and very gusty NW wind, rather chilly at 6.8c, if only it was 6 degrees or so colder!!!

Posted

Lovely clear air here today, sun and sky very sparkly. Bit blowy for me, but it's dry so far, so I'm not complaining. Discussions on the MO thread looking very interesting. Could we be getting our first few flakes next week?

Edited by picog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Afternoon guys, 

Just popping in to say - I'm back for the winter ride here in the Midlands thread! 

Looking forward to another winter of prozac and last minute shields. 

How is everyone? 

Next week looks decent for the time of year - I fancy some chilly days and hopefully some nice frosts, snow? I doubt it here, but if we can keep the cold who knows. 

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Looking forward to another winter of prozac and last minute shields. 

How is everyone? 

Good to have you back again, Radders Posted Image

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

I wonder if the latest gfs models will come true if so, we might be in with a chance of some of the wite stuff, and i know it will change but still nice to see in November, bring on the winter.Posted Image

Posted

Well, let's face it, we are usually the last region to join in with the party, so I'm not expecting much in the way of snow as yet, although no-one can ever say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Good to have you back again, Radders Posted Image

Bish

See - I'm not the only one crawling out of summer hibernation now there's a sniff of frost in the air! :)

• Like 2

Posted

Despite the clear skies there's not been much of a drop in temperature through the evening yet, here's hoping we get our first proper frost of the Autumn!!!

The pub run up to it's usual tricks for next week bringing in snowmageden for Tuesday Night :lol: if only!

Posted

Despite the clear skies there's not been much of a drop in temperature through the evening yet, here's hoping we get our first proper frost of the Autumn!!!

The pub run up to it's usual tricks for next week bringing in snowmageden for Tuesday Night Posted Image if only!

one of these days ay?

Posted

A Cheshire Gap flow like today's with Tuesday's uppers would be perfect, my cynical hat says the most likely setup is still a slack wishbone effect with a few sunny days and frosty nights followed by an easterly of some sorts with uppers to mild to be of use aka ECM & 18z low resolution, here's hoping i'm wrong though as this has been the best year for snow events in quite some time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

A Cheshire Gap flow like today's with Tuesday's uppers would be perfect, my cynical hat says the most likely setup is still a slack wishbone effect with a few sunny days and frosty nights followed by an easterly of some sorts with uppers to mild to be of use aka ECM & 18z low resolution, here's hoping i'm wrong though as this has been the best year for snow events in quite some time.

Winds likely too westerly, with the snow showers going through Stockport into Derbyshire

Posted

Winds likely too westerly, with the snow showers going through Stockport into Derbyshire

Thats what i like to hear...... Would like my first snow since i moved to glossop.....

Posted

Even that now looks unlikely, quite a dramatic downgrading of the northerly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It is still autumn, got a good 3 months of winter left yet............

Posted

So we finally get cross model agreement sods law its the greenland high disapearing and it setting up shop over the uk instead, Anymore downgrades and even the cold snap next week will be in danger but its only November lots more drama yet to be had.

Posted

No shocks really, ECM and UKMO jumped on board the downgrade train to, if this cold spell fails then this will go down as the most bland Autumn in my living memory.

Posted

Still time for change folks...the odd wobble is always likely at this stage :) and let's face it...it could be a helluva lot worse!

Looks ok to me going to be chilly :) but I don't know who to listen to on the model thread all different posts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I prefer the GFS 12Z, high pressure in FI (Wed onwards) not that wet/drizzly low pressure easterly on yesterdays runs, if the high centres over us, could be foggy/frosty and sunny

Posted

Yep lets hope for some upgrades instead, I think the form horse is now for very cold with widespread frosts and dry but it can change. And if we dont get any snow from this cold snap we still have plenty of time and I sense this winter could be special the PV looks battered.

Posted

Same old thing again really when it comes to cold spells (and before you stop reading, I mean that in a positive context!).

As with past cold spells, they look like they're going to be dry ones but as the cold air sinks in, little features and unknowns creep in that actually end up making it a decent cold spell. January 2010 springs to mind.

January 2013 was different, we knew we had a good chance of a lot snow then. There seemed to be a lot to potentially lose in that one (and we didn't lose here, it ended up pretty good!). Situations like this we can only gain, particularly in November. And if all else fails, this won't be one of years when we're having to wait until December for the first frost. That unpopular statistic has been thwarted already!

2013 is already a good weather year with a cold 2nd half of Winter and Spring, warm Summer and stormy Autumn. And now even before the 1st December there's forecasts to interest us!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 2

Posted

Bleurgh yet ANOTHER overcast grim miserable day to add to the countless number there's been since August, the downgrades to the cold spell don't come as a surprise, everything of remote excitement this Autumn has turned into stratocumulus and drizzle.