Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted

Once again a promise of decent day with just the odd scattered shower is dark, overcast and rainy! zzzz

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A nice clear start to the morning here with a slight ground frost, cloud had bubbled up over the last hour with light rain due around 2/3pm.

Posted

It started gloriously sunny here this morning, but slate-grey skies have arrived in the past hour or so. 

Looking at the radar, rain incoming from the SW.

Bish

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just for you then BishPosted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Bish,

started rain here about 11:00 and after it being steady for 1.5 hrs, it has pepped up a bit in the last 0.5 hrs.

Temperature cool at 7.6C

MIA

• Like 1

Posted

Bish,

started rain here about 11:00 and after it being steady for 1.5 hrs, it has pepped up a bit in the last 0.5 hrs.

Temperature cool at 7.6C

MIA

Yes, the rain started out light but seems to have gotten much heavier in the past hour or so. The radar shows that the heaviest pulse is moving straight over us right now. Amazing contrast to a few hours ago.

Temp now just 6.3c

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted

What a Miserable/Horrible/Awful day, Today as been....... Cold with that as well, Ive topped out today at just 7.2c and now at 6.4cPosted Image .

The forecast for tomorrow is rain but it looks like it will clear at lunchtime fingers crossed and then after a cold frosty start

Sunday looks dry & sunny Posted Image .... It will feel chilly but at least its dry for....Remembrance Day   Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Bish, Dancer,

Yep been miserable this pm and the temperature has been dropping. Its now down to 6.1C here now.

At 3.00 all the cars had there lights on.

Funnily enough , in the last 10mins the sun has tried to put in an appearance and it has caused an eerie  yellow glow everwhere. If it clears we may well be in for a frost (first one) tonight.

MIA

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Once again a promise of decent day with just the odd scattered shower is dark, overcast and rainy! zzzz

Forecast for today this week was for showers and it was only yesterday that some rain was mentioned as a possibility for southern counties, so I am not surprised to have seen some rain, although I am surprised that it is STILL raining over 5 hours later. There was never any suggestion of rain for the Midlands and yet it has extended as far north as Yorkshire. Another poor short range BBC forecast.

Edited by The Enforcer
  • Like 1

Posted

Bish, Dancer,

Yep been miserable this pm and the temperature has been dropping. Its now down to 6.1C here now.

Funnily enough , in the last 10mins the sun has tried to put in an appearance and it has caused an eerie  yellow glow everwhere. If it clears we may well be in for a frost (first one) tonight.

MIA

That glow was quite beautiful, wasn't it? Only lasted a short while, but a very pretty sight.

Bish

Posted

Bish, Dancer,

MIA

That glow was quite beautiful, wasn't it? Only lasted a short while, but a very pretty sight.

Bish

LOL.... Sorry that beautiful eerie yellow glow you both mentioned was me testing out my new security light that i've just installed today in my back garden Posted Image

When the snow does eventually come i'll be able to see every flake Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

LOL.... Sorry that beautiful eerie yellow glow you both mentioned was me testing out my new security light that i've just installed today in my back garden Posted Image

When the snow does eventually come i'll be able to see every flake Posted Image

lol lucky old you............I've just had to switch bedrooms, and my new room has virtually zero lamp-post watching potential Posted Image

Still, it won't matter anyway 'cos we're not going to see any snow this winter Posted Image

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image No lamp-post watching potential Posted Image Take your pick ..... Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Chilly and damp morning after a low of 0.7c (-0.1c down the road in Shawbury) but no frost, turned rather pleasant for a while this afternoon but cloudzilla was soon back in force, high of just 8.1c, here's hoping we get some excitement soon (e.g the ECM).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

well to my north today the cheshire gap activity, would have liked the hail though, monday looking like a washout for west midlands, Hope the trend for higher pressure comes off, for a change a Friday is looking dry

Posted

well to my north today the cheshire gap activity, would have liked the hail though, monday looking like a washout for west midlands, Hope the trend for higher pressure comes off, for a change a Friday is looking dry

We have seen no rain today Mark, it's all gone to the NE.

Nearly 17 years since this belter (for us) :

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/1996/Rrea00119961119.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

We have seen no rain today Mark, it's all gone to the NE.

Nearly 17 years since this belter (for us) :

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/1996/Rrea00119961119.gif

think Stockport was the southern limit, like the tragic 20th Dec '09, where Stockport saw a foot, and me not a flake, yeah Ian, that chart is class, 17 years I know unreal

Posted

The rain to the south as just missed me and will push on southeast and take the cloud with it http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

As the skies clear temperatures will drop and give us a wide spead ground frost by morning Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

*Yawn - Stretch - Blink* Is it that time already?

Like hibernation in reverse, I wake up to life back on the Midlands thread.

How was your summer Bish?

Well, my garden's pretty much ready to be put to bed now, just a couple more things to sort, and then - bring on the snow!!! (The first hint of which is showing for me in the Accuweather forecast for a week on Friday. Unlikely to transpire, but fun to see....)

Eyes down, look in, here we go!

Fizz :)

• Like 1

Posted

Latest charts are quite encouraging for the Midlands. If the did come to pass, there'd be none of that silly 'wishbone affect' nonsense that seems to plague us most winters, we'd get a good dumping! :-)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Latest charts are quite encouraging for the Midlands. If the did come to pass, there'd be none of that silly 'wishbone affect' nonsense that seems to plague us most winters, we'd get a good dumping! :-)

Ooh - really? Keep me posted! :)