Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted

Gorgeous day here today — blue skies and dry. Close to freezing this morning, and temperature dropping away quite quickly now the sun has set — down to 7.8C from a high of 10.2C.

Posted

5c earlier 3.4c now......clouds bubbling up to the north west.....a few forecasts have sleet forecast for here in the early hours.... Wont be upto check but its nippy out there today/ tonight....

I also now have my allocated lamppost to watch when winter proper comes.....but most likely up here wont have to commit to such a southern activity as itll be drifting up the backdoor rather than afew flakes....famous last words.....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

All forecasts were for dry today, instead we have a constant train of blustery showers. Not impressed, weathermen! Gotta be close to a month since we had a dry day now

BBC are pathetic at cheshire gap, always underestimate it, winds were just northerly enough for it to miss me, could see from here though the rain to the west

I expected a wet day, but missed me to the west

Posted

Was rather cloudy and showery here to at times today, of course can never get those Cheshire Gap streamers when wanted though :lol: always the way!

Rather chilly this eve, 3.1c though looks like cloud will soon be on the increase so the frost free Autumn continues!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Yup nippy tonight! No turning back now Posted Image

Yes won't be long  Posted Image Getting a bit tired of the rain now, Looking forward to snow and maybe some deep cold.

Lets have an Awesome season!!!! We all know its the best SEASON GOING Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Probably no frost tonight as really clouded over since 9. Only got to 3C last night because of Cheshire Gap cloud and rain in the  morning- I wish that stuff would stay away unless it's cold enough to snow!

Will tomorrow be a dry day? The last day with absolutely no rain from midnight to midnight was, astonishingly, the 9th of October!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The first sleet of the season observed here around 0400 as a spell of moderate 'rain' fell with the temperature around 2c. By 0500 the precipitation was light and had reverted to 100% rain.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

I was tucked up in bed at that time TM, im pretty sure i would of seen sleet here to.

Posted

Bone dry on bonfire night? Must be a first lol..

It isn't here! Everywhere is soaked after frequent moderate-heavy showers since about 1600, although it is dry at the moment.

Edit; no it's not, its raining again. 

Edited by Terminal Moraine
  • Like 1

Posted

Still looking good for our first flakes in the peak saturday! Cold and windchill brrrr.... Gfs giving us lowest maxes currently at 4c.....

Was only 5c here the other day....so not betting against....

• Like 1

Posted

It's possible there may be some sleet or even wet snow on the hills in the showers from Thursday onwards. Even the Met' Office mention it in their mountain forecast; admittedly they say 'on the highest peaks' but from past experience when they mention that, there's often sleet down to about 300m.

• Like 1

Posted

Atm its thick fog and 6c...... Fires on, indian takeaway ordered and watching footy.... Hoping to see a few flakes on snow/sleet this weekend..... And a nice sunday roast for my birthday..... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

No fog here, I am looking ahead to high pressure, as there is no sleet/snow risk here, should be better after Sunday, huge mild sector could see temps upto 13°C for a time, then dry with high pressure (about time) with average temps

Posted

Wow that squall line has just hit here - torrential downpour right now. Bish

Just looked at radar some squall line developing south from here..... Looks pretty heavy stuff.....http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/

Posted

Squall line?

Take a look at the radar on RainToday and run it back to about nine o'clock - one long squall line was running through almost the entire region.

Edit: attached is a screencap:

post-13544-0-24023500-1383773732_thumb.j

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan
  • Like 1

Posted

Yup I jinxed it again, I should learn never to speak of sunshine in Telford, the cloud roared in 10 minutes after my post :lol: slate grey skies now with no blue patches and the odd spot of rain!!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

This should take care of the Shropshire sunshine shield once and for all. Posted Image

post-10703-0-77412200-1383834958_thumb.p

• Like 2