Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Carry on with your local discussion here Posted Image

Old thread here ------------> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77472-the-midlands-regional-discussion-3rd-august-2013/page-37

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Ooh nice new thread! Just checking in for what Sunday night/Monday morning's storm might bring to us in the W.Midlands. I've been stacking outdoor stuff away in case it takes flight, as you might imagine being on the windward side of the Malverns we get battered at times. Today's been pretty windy although the wind has died down a touch this afternoon. Currently 13.0 C, mainly overcast with a little splash of light rain occasionally.

Posted

So any ideas as to how strong the Midlands wind speeds may be? Because, although we won't get the 80-90mph winds here, there have been so few gales over the past 10 years that there must be alot of unhealthy tree that will blow down in even just a moderate gale?

Most of the region is in the amber zone, so why is no-one talking about it? :-D

Posted

Finally a few glimmers of sunshine, breezy day, should be a nice day tommorow providing showers dodge us before tomorrow night's inevitable 3mm and a 20mph gust. 

Posted

Showing 25 mph on my Watson at the moment. Looks as though we will get the biggest effect from the wind on Monday when it swings round to the n/w, this is shown to be early afternoon currently, with the wind coming down from Liverpool Bay straight through the Cheshire Gap.

Posted

Bit concerned on the trains tomorrow, my partner works nights and will be getting a train from Northampton to Rugby at 6am Monday morning. Is there likely to be disruption?

Posted

Bit concerned on the trains tomorrow, my partner works nights and will be getting a train from Northampton to Rugby at 6am Monday morning. Is there likely to be disruption?

Even if this area is not affected by the strongest winds the rail network relies on moving trains around. So problems elsewhere could

cause delays/cancellations for Northampton/ Rugby.?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Can't decide if I can here Thunder in the distance? Can't see any lightning but the 'bangs' are too deep to be gusts of wind and there are no fireworks being let off in this wind.

Posted

Can't decide if I can here Thunder in the distance? Can't see any lightning but the 'bangs' are too deep to be gusts of wind and there are no fireworks being let off in this wind.

same here, seems to be a constant banging

Posted

Squall arrived here now out of nowhere with very hea...edit it's back to normal now, is that it Posted Image? call the Telford shields just had the first 35 seconds of interesting weather this month Posted Image

Edited by conor123

Posted

Whereabouts are you? There's a Halloween event on near Penkridge, it's possibly that you can hear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

All heard it here, I'm certain it was the firework display at MOD Stafford, didnt really sound like thunder, but could not see fireworks looking NW

Posted

All heard it here, I'm certain it was the firework display at MOD Stafford, didnt really sound like thunder, but could not see fireworks looking NW

It was pretty much SWS of us, I know that the Sopoktacular over at Penkridge was having a display so I'd summise that was it.

Posted

I know the 'media' are calling this a hurricane but what should it be called? Is it just a storm or could we refer to it as an extratropical cyclone?

Edited by bearing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

It was pretty much SWS of us, I know that the Sopoktacular over at Penkridge was having a display so I'd summise that was it.

Yeah, most likely, if members to the SE of us heard it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Really expected to come on here and be trawling through posts, must be a day early! Posted Image

Posted

Just as predicted tomorrow night's storm is going through the last minute rapid downgrade's I knew were to come  Posted Image :lol:

While i'm on a rantpage here's just a few of the 'epic fails' this autumn.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/2013/avn/Rtavn00220130904.png - Early September spell, promised warm spell, reality = Cloudzilla 

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/2013/avn/Rtavn00220130917.png - Hideous late Autumn esque spell covering over two thirds of the month

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/2013/avn/Rtavn00220130923.png - Promise of exceptional 2011 spell repeat ended up just a decent-ish Sat/Sun then cloudzilla the whole following week originally forecast to be 24c+.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/2013/avn/Rtavn00220131003.png - Another failed 'warm blast' = Cloudzilla most days

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/2013/avn/Rtavn00220131020.png - Telford Storm Shield full force

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Whats to be excited about here anyway Conor. It was never going to be that windy, especially for you in the NW Midlands. We have nothing to miss really!

Posted

Quite incredible how the showers are quickly evolving today when you look at the radar. There was one to the west of us that was full of sferics very briefly...but then as quickly collapsed as it had grew...all the time been driven along very quickly.

Things developing and dying all over the place!

Posted

Hardly ideal for an impromptu chase? Just fleeting showers here, a very hefty looking one mid Wales collapsed as soon as it crossed the E/W border..

Quick check of fence panels etc and recce of garden for tomorrow's potential is likely to be on the cards a bit later. Anything that isn't or needs tying down, will be Posted Image

Indeed...it's all moving far too quickly. Add Sunday drivers into the mix and it'll be near impossible! Best off staying put and hoping one develops and drifts over us!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Not looking forward to a gale here, there have been a number of blustery showers here already, currently 11.3 C, the sun comes out for a bit then it blows like mad. Since we're exposed on the west of the Malvern hills it could get a bit hairy tonight if we do get even higher wind speeds than currently.

Posted

Yup it is rather breezy here but not much in the way of sun or showers here, just a hazy glow at times through a very fast moving sheet of stratocumulus, somewhat cooler than recently though at 12.2c.