Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

I cant remember whether it was 2009, or 2010 (I think it was December 2010) But we did see Red warnings for Snow in and around the London area. 

Ah, OK then, I will stand corrected.  Darned Red Wine dimming my memory!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Thanks for the welcome Posted Image

Yeah, very interesting to see what will happen as things can easily change Posted Image

Also, not sure who'll be able to answer this question but is there a possible chance of a sting jet like in 1987? Sorry if it's been asked Posted Image

Welcome to the thread Legitimate. Stay tuned as you will get first hand info from the experienced members we have here. Stay safe .

• Like 1

Posted

You are going to have fun Aldborough weather on the best of days it is windy and rough sea, come up your way many a time on day trips great fish and chip shop and usually sit up the top where the river is, i think it will be rather a panic day there with that sea

Posted

I cant remember whether it was 2009, or 2010 (I think it was December 2010) But we did see Red warnings for Snow in and around the London area. 

My god did it SNOW. NW will probably have the thread archives from that day Saint. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

So,who`s bringing the beer and nibbles to the chat room for the big event tomorrow night `eh? Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I'd love to see this lot at Cape Cornwall. Fabulous place and better than Lands End IMO. Rough sea, howling wind...very dramatic.

post-17085-0-82305500-1382818450_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Hi there SE gang,

Hope you are all well. This coming storm is going to pack a real punch. Due to the latest briefing from the MetO, the government have gathered their cabinet officials to spearhead information to authorities.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Thanks for the welcome :)

Yeah, very interesting to see what will happen as things can easily change :)

Also, not sure who'll be able to answer this question but is there a possible chance of a sting jet like in 1987? Sorry if it's been asked Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78270-sunday-monday-storm-latest-from-the-netweather-team/

Yes, it has been asked ....this thread is where we're trying to put answers to questions like that, there are 2 links

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

We may well do, but I'm not entirely sure where!

My guess would be most of south coast, East Kent and maybe the eastern tip of East Angler. I think it may have a sting in it's tail when leaving. I am hoping it will not be bad enough for red inland, if it is then the areas I've mentioned will be in real trouble.

Posted

thanks for all  the information and I'll be sure to checkout the guides. I'm on half term this week and usually do tend to stay up very late (4-5am Posted Image) so will be able to see this storm unfold

Youngsters today !!  Posted Image

My grand daughter is also on half term ( so shows how old I am Posted Image ) and is really looking forward to it.  You'ld be better going to bed at midnight and getting up early to be around for all of it.  But enjoy it whatever you do

• Like 4

Posted

So,who`s bringing the beer and nibbles to the chat room for the big event tomorrow night `eh? Posted Image

Hi   anything-but I would join you but I am on shift Sunday night ,I will be monitoring this site all night so will be at the party but soberPosted Image ,

not looking forward to the 65 mile drive home from London to Herne Bay!!! it was quite gusty and wet on the drive in tonight but it will not compare with whats due...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I love this place

Where's the snow

Just kidding

Btw I slept through 87, I was 8. But recall dad helping trees down in garden and apples falling out trees in our orchard like hail - when I woke

My boundary fence went a week or so ago

Not rushing to replace!

• Like 1

Posted

Youngsters today !!  Posted Image

My grand daughter is also on half term ( so shows how old I am Posted Image ) and is really looking forward to it.  You'ld be better going to bed at midnight and getting up early to be around for all of it.  But enjoy it whatever you do

haha, not sure I'll manage to get to sleep at that time. Thanks all for the welcomes and look forward to learning a lot from everyone Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Also useless info

Ambulance service got warning yesterday

Kcc had email out to us all reminding us responsibilities in severe weather (a week ago) coincidence?

Posted

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ouch

Hi JP,

COBRA has now formed due to updated info from the MetO.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunder ~ both together would be great !

Not sure if I should be watching twister although excited about weather a tad nervous too

Posted

Really blowing a gale outside here on Poole Harbour; husband's app claims gusting up to 50 tonight, don't much fancy how it would sound at 70+ especially as the gate of the construction site over the road is banging so loudly I can't imagine any sleep will be possible. Seems unlikely we will stay tomorrow night now, and unfortunately we seem to be in for rain tomorrow anyway, so may be driving home in rain, albeit not driving rain as long as we get going in time.

• Like 1

Posted

We may well do, but I'm not entirely sure where!

Hard to predict Mate, However and where ever, If a Red is displayed !!!"Stay at HOME folks"!!!. Property can be replaced... (We Can't)