Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

SeriouslyI thought it meant people who live at sea sideI'm 6 miles inSo wanna know if I've exposed myself lolAnd if exposed and 180asl equals disasssst

I would agree that you are correct about it being on the sea front as there is nothing to stop the wind there although the higher you go inland will also have strong gust as there are no buildings ect to slow the wind speed.

Posted

Was suppose to be in Kent this weekend till Monday didn't fancy been in a caravan near the sea sooo cancelled Hubby not impressed :@ told me it would only be windy!!!! Am thinking of catching a flight up to Scotland asap till Tuesday Hubby now on the floor in fits of laughter!! Mmm:-P

Chloe, I for one am glad you cancelled the caravan. Most definitely NOT the place to be in a storm and the far corner of Kent looks like it could catch the worswt of this coming storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Evening John / all

That band is really getting itself organised as it heads our way; going to be some strong winds wrapped up with it I would imagine. A very interesting 48 hours coming up!

Posted

What is an exposed coast?

One whose raincoat blew away!

Seriously though, it is a coast where the wind is blowing onshore, just like it will be in Folkstone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hello Gang, We all ready and prepared. Im not, I was around for the 87 Storm, Wow can mother nature pack a punch. we had no upvc double glazing then, The wind was that strong the glass was flexing in the frames. My dad used to work for unigate then, Big blast from the past "that name", He still got up and went in, But float services were suspended for 3 hrs until the tail end remained, Mobile phones then were non existent. BT lines were down so they could not call him at home. Power had gone off, But luckily we had a gas cooker, So we had heat and food, I remember him  walking and leaning forwards into the wall of wind carrying his flask, and cold bacon sarnies. I did wonder if my DAD would actually  turn around and think bugger this, Im going home,But he did not fair play DAD, You were my hero that day. This novel will be on sale at WH Smiths from Monday Priced £8.99. The story though is true from my life.Posted Image

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

What is an exposed coast?

it's a coast with no clothes on.

• Like 2

Posted

hi ice

might hear the odd rumble from that as well Posted Image

I would imagine so.............I've just had Piri Piri Chicken!!!! 

Edited by Ice Day
  • Like 3

Posted

SeriouslyI thought it meant people who live at sea sideI'm 6 miles inSo wanna know if I've exposed myself lolAnd if exposed and 180asl equals disasssster

You will be exposed Sarah, However we all will be. Just be prepared and you will be fine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

PrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!!

oops..

Sorry, just tonights dinner digesting.

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Hello all, not sure where to introduce myself. Anyways, looking around for talks about the storm we're expecting to see Sunday night/ Monday morning I managed to stumble across this forum.

I'm 13 years old so don't know a lot about the weather although hoping to learn from you guys Posted Image

So anyways, I'm looking forward to the storm as long as people take note of the warnings and don't get hurt, stay safe everyone and enjoy the weather if you can :)

• Like 8

Posted

The updates to the MetO warnings will be very interesting tomorrow. 

I think we will see the RED ONE mate.

Edited by Jason T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Oooh! The little uns miniature garden chair has blown over in the garden. It's started.

Seriously though.....there are a couple of GIANT cranes in Ippy town centre. Really tall ones. I would NOT like to be near them if this storm comes off. :( Not good.

• Like 1

Posted

I think we see the RED ONE mate.

I think you're right.  Not sure I've ever seen one for our region; not even December 2009 if I recall correctly?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hello all, not sure where to introduce myself. Anyways, looking around for talks about the storm we're expecting to see Sunday night/ Monday morning I managed to stumble across this forum.

I'm 13 years old so don't know a lot about the weather although hoping to learn from you guys Posted Image

So anyways, I'm looking forward to the storm as long as people take note of the warnings and don't get hurt, stay safe everyone and enjoy the weather if you can :)

Welcome on board - you've picked a very exciting and interesting time to join us !

post-10773-0-67875400-1382817519_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted

I think you're right.  Not sure I've ever seen one for our region; not even December 2009 if I recall correctly?

I cant remember whether it was 2009, or 2010 (I think it was December 2010) But we did see Red warnings for Snow in and around the London area. 

• Like 2

Posted

So anyways, I'm looking forward to the storm as long as people take note of the warnings and don't get hurt, stay safe everyone and enjoy the weather if you can Posted Image

Welcome to netweather, we're friendly (well, most of us are, especially here).  There's a wealth of info on the site, including the "Netweather Guides" if you want to learn about the weather and in this regional thread we have some experts (much more knowledgeable than me) who are always willing to answer questions.  We all have to start somewhere.

Tomorrows storms could be a cracker, at least in London many parts are sheltered by other buildings, most of the wind will not get going for you until around 05:00a.m. when you'll still be in bed (unless you are stupid like me).  We should avoid the worst of the rain, that will be further north, but it WILL be very windy. 

As someone who was about in 1987, watch for what it's like about 3 hours after the winds have started to die down.  In 87 it was absolutely still, you could not believe that 4 hours earlier I was worried the tiles were going to come off the roof.

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather
  • Like 2

Posted

Welcome on board - you've picked a very exciting and interesting time to join us !

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Thanks for the welcome :)

Yeah, very interesting to see what will happen as things can easily change :)

Also, not sure who'll be able to answer this question but is there a possible chance of a sting jet like in 1987? Sorry if it's been asked Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

i kind of want to experience this storm as I was abroad in 87 and missed the last one, and what a thing to experience!

but on the other hand i kind of don't want to experience it.

Posted

Welcome to netweather, we're friendly (well, most of us are, especially here).  There's a wealth of info on the site, including the "Netweather Guides" if you want to learn about the weather and in this regional thread we have some experts (much more knowledgeable than me) who are always willing to answer questions.  We all have to start somewhere.

Tomorrows storms could be a cracker, at least in London many parts are sheltered by other buildings, most of the wind will not get going for you until around 05:00a.m. when you'll still be in bed (unless you are stupid like me).  We should avoid the worst of the rain, that will be further north, but it WILL be very windy. 

As someone who was about in 1987, watch for what it's like about 3 hours after the winds have started to die down.  In 87 it was absolutely still, you could not believe that 4 hours earlier I was worried the tiles were going to come off the roof.

thanks for all  the information and I'll be sure to checkout the guides. I'm on half term this week and usually do tend to stay up very late (4-5am Posted Image) so will be able to see this storm unfold

Posted

Feel like going to the coast on Monday just to watch the sea, (sounds mad) just to see what the sea can be like on a day like this, probably wouldn't get there just be great to watch

• Like 2