Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Just got in from London,big problems London bound on M2 and A2,trees down and extra traffic due to Dartford tunnel,very windy,never seen so many leaves blowing around in clouds,lorry blown off road at Whitstable,now stuck in mud between two roads. Lucky rain has stopped so can concentrate on coping with gusts.Arms aching from holding steering wheel steady!! Bed now with ear plugs in otherwise will end up staying up to garden watch!!

Glad you got home ok mate
  • Like 1

Posted

Has anyone got any idea if they are running trains to Burgess Hill from Brighton ? I can't get any info from Network Rail only to say they are not running trains until 9 am ...erm I think I just answered my own question...la la laaa

Unlikely, but use raildar.co.uk which has a direct feed from Network Rail and is far more informative than others.

Posted

Winds dropped here now and actually looks really nice out there sun is shining is this the calm before I wonder..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I've just had a text message from Steve C to say his power is down !

I assume he's at home in Alresford (near Colchester)

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Winds just picking up a little in Essex again now as the center of the systems center has shifted to my east.

I managed to sleep right through the storm, but there has been some damage to fences from what I've been told.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Just got in from London,big problems London bound on M2 and A2,trees down and extra traffic due to Dartford tunnel,very windy,never seen so many leaves blowing around in clouds,lorry blown off road at Whitstable,now stuck in mud between two roads. Lucky rain has stopped so can concentrate on coping with gusts.Arms aching from holding steering wheel steady!! Bed now with ear plugs in otherwise will end up staying up to garden watch!!

As i ride that route on the bike,not recommended today i guess? Been keeping a eye on bbc travel this morning,can see the A2/M2 has had probs with fallen trees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Well we didn't lose power thank goodness. All we had was one trellis partially come off the wall. Gatwick still bloomin' flying. Do they never give up lol.

I gather it's all over for us now?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something different!

The inevitable wheelie bin demolition derby as they are strewn over my road,neighbours shed roof gone.

Posted
Posted Image 

Glad you got home ok mate

Thanks Looby  next time we do an all nighter hopefully it will be snow watching Posted Image Hope your hubby gets to work ok,M2 bad between Faversham and Sittingbourne due to tree down.  Roll on the snow...and if some forecasters are right it will be coming next monthPosted Image  speak soon...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Bloody hell. I've just seen a trampoline lifted into the air, a fence come down and it's pretty chaotic out there.

Really strong now. It's certainly picked up since my last post at six..ish.

Stay safe each.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Really? What did I miss, is it moving through slower than expected? What time are the stronger winds due

Page 1 of dedicated thread Jo Farrow said Kent isn't out of the woods yet and there was more to come. It does seem alot calmer here at the moment though

• Like 1

Posted

As i ride that route on the bike,not recommended today i guess? Been keeping a eye on bbc travel this morning,can see the A2/M2 has had probs with fallen trees.

When I came through earlier there was a tailback from Blackprince to Dartford and with bad gusting it would make it very unsafe on a bike,

Posted

Three fence panels down in my garden, several trees down locally and people in the rural areas locally without power according to reports on facebook. Lights have flickered here but no loss of power - wind has managed to detach my weather station receiver though so not sure what temp it is!

Posted

Thanks Looby  next time we do an all nighter hopefully it will be snow watching Posted Image Hope your hubby gets to work ok,M2 bad between Faversham and Sittingbourne due to tree down.  Roll on the snow...and if some forecasters are right it will be coming next monthPosted Image  speak soon...

Thanks he just said they are down to 5mph as the van is taking a bashing. Ooh lets hope so hope you sleep well :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Doesn't seem to be any damage at all here. Gusts peaked at about 4am, seems to be picking up again now though. Have we peaked yet?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Just got into work. Haven't seen to much damage, but the cross winds are making driving very hazardous...