Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Hi Crazy   hope its getting better but a lot a lying water and gusting wind,if you are going into the city can you post how it was,my relief is coming from Thurrock down the A13 and I have to go back down the A2/M2 ..Thanks

Sorry, BP, I'm off in the opposite direction, it's been blustery and wet for hours, but I do think it's getting worse out there, even in the last 5 minutes. Hope your relief arrives soon and safely.CD
  • Like 1

Posted

What began here 2 and half hours ago is still here & is getting more frisky rather than easing. Those to the East of me (Crazy Diamond) expect things to get worse with gusts & rain in the next hour or two at least. I have heard a few cars passing, going about their business as if all is normal out there, I suspect it's flying debris you should be aware of more than anything right now.

Take care out there :)

• Like 2

Posted

This has probably been asked adozen times at least, but I am about to head out to work, am I going out to an improving situation or a deteriorating one? Any thoughts much appreciated!

Thanks

CD

This may be of help... they were replying to somone in Burnham on this post but gives you an idea

South-Westerly winds are strengthening now, frequent gusts of 50mph or more by 06:00. Perhaps up to 70mph late morning.

Posted

Sorry, BP, I'm off in the opposite direction, it's been blustery and wet for hours, but I do think it's getting worse out there, even in the last 5 minutes. Hope your relief arrives soon and safely.CD

I have to drive to Brentwood in a few hours (630am-700) should I be concerned? It's quite gusty here, will it get worse?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Nothing noteworthy as of yet, its a normal autumn gale atm.

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate them. I've decided to hang around at home for a couple of hours, then see what the situation is from there. Again thanks, everyone

CD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Very windy here in Ipswich, but as yet nothing more alarming than normal, Autumn gale. Maybe worse to come later.

Lights are flickering a bit now as well.

Take care all.

Edited by Keraunophile

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Was Just thinking I could go to bed, and now the winds have got even stronger, goodness knows how strong that last gust was, definitely the strongest so far, scared. And more of them coming too.

Posted

I have to drive to Brentwood in a few hours (630am-700) should I be concerned? It's quite gusty here, will it get worse?

Yes likely to get worse. If you look at the SW thread it seems that Somerset is being battered at the moment so those of us to the east of Somerset can expect more to come.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Quite windy here.

Posted

I've come over all nostalgic..opened windows (as it's warm enough) turned the radio on quietly & enjoying the quite exhilarating sounds of Mother Nature roaring..Oh & a Prince tune from the late 80's just came on Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Winds here now Force 10 and gusting Force 12. Mean speed of just under 57mph and gusts of 74mph

http://www.chimet.co...))/Default.aspx

Just heard something metallic go rattling down the road. Perhaps someone's aerial?

Webcam looking good at almost high tide. http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

Lights ocassionally flashing but we still have power thankfully.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Really picked up here ,I woke at 2am and it was lively then but now it's a little bit frightening out there .Stay safe guys

Posted

Wind seems to be picking up in Docklands,just looking out of my 9th floor window and the whole thing is pulsing in and out with the wind,and I have to drive home  to Herne Bay in a while !!!

Posted

Getting a bit gusty here, the sort that would stop you from popping out for a pint of milk..

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Winds really picked up since a squall line went through. Stronger than an average autumn gale, hopefully this is as strong as it gets.

• Like 1

Posted

Was Just thinking I could go to bed, and now the winds have got even stronger, goodness knows how strong that last gust was, definitely the strongest so far, scared. And more of them coming too.

Hi just looked and Langdon Bay had a 66mph gust !!!

Posted

It is the strongest I have known apart from '87 and goodness knows what gusts we had then. The garden gate we carefully repaired and made safe is now blown open but no way will I go out to check the damage yet. neighbours greenhouse has blown across their garden and I am totally amazed that having had gusts up to 70knots/80.55mph that my cherry tree and apple tree are still standing and taking the punishment, the cherry is bending almost double and of course apples are everywhere. A force 12 gust on land was something I just didn't bargain for. A really good call from the METO!!!!!!

Edited by coldfingers
  • Like 1