Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Horrific scenes across Essex as the storm arrives earlier than forecasted !!!!Posted Imageimage.jpg

Hope this serves as a warning to others who may underestimate the power of mother nature.

The back of the chair has really dug in the turf, due to the sheer force of the wind, whilst the tree in the background, has been bent to such an acute angle.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Well it's raining at least lol

Wind was much stronger earlier this afternoon though

Best is yet to come

According to the pros

Posted

its really raining heavy here

also

http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=190458

even if the low drops slightly south we are still in very windy territory

• Like 2

Posted

Hello BB, I had a feeling you might post about this.  He sure did live life to the full and made some extraordinary stuff, a really important figure in music. 

It's gone quiet here again in North Pembs but noticeably cooler, breath condensing and moving slowly vertically, ie no wind at all.  Strange atmosphere all round - what on earth will the night deliver here?

AS

Good evening AS, I trust all is well with you and yours this wet and windy night, and of course everyone else. I think Lou Reed might be looking down on us this evening with an ironic smile !

The earlier video of the RNLI rescue attempt in Newhaven was all the more poignant given a post made by Robin ( Coast ) earlier this morning in connection with the Rye lifeboat disaster of 1928. A worthy cause I always donate to.  Take care folks.Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

North Pembrokeshire.  Quiet, still, the grandmother clock in the hall ticking as it has done for the best part of a hundred years, but louder and more insistent tonight against the unexpected silence.  Just me and dog left downstairs, the rest of the gang have headed to bed.  I an starting to think they may all have called it right for this part of the world!

Never mind, the beaches were fantasticlly wild today and there will be high seas and surf running for the next few days on the back of the storm even if the immediate effects don't quite make it here.

AS

Posted

VictorMeldrew. good news for you!!!! Posted on the severe weather thread just now.

Winding up now!!!

BBC Lookeast late bulletin mentioned MetO considering increasing severe weather warning from amber to red for north Norfolk. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Hi Jezzer.Which beach? Selsey or Bracklesham?Here is a good link for you to monitor the wind gusts at Chichester harbour.http://www.chimet.co.uk/%28S%28ko3hsa2gzflyqmuhnsiqgb45%29%29/Default.aspxClick the more details tab and you will see the wind has dropped as the shipping forecast suggested before picking up from about now onward.

We actually drove east and visited Climping beach. Would certainly be interesting to be there now. A wild night out there, just took the dog out to do her business and not a car or person to be seen

Posted

Do you have any update on the expected arrival and intensity of the storm in the Croydon area John-must admit getting a bit worried now especially as hubby thinks he is still going to set off to London in morning and daughter thinks she is driving to Reigate from here as they both think I am going over the top about the situation.

Edited by Isabellesnanny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

You'd think looking at the other thread that this storm is dead and buried. I don't get it, I thought even if it does move south, we'll still be in line for serious winds?

• Like 2

Posted

Good evening AS, I trust all is well with you and yours this wet and windy night, and of course everyone else. I think Lou Reed might be looking down on us this evening with an ironic smile !

The earlier video of the RNLI rescue attempt in Newhaven was all the more poignant given a post made by Robin ( Coast ) earlier this morning in connection with the Rye lifeboat disaster of 1928. A worthy cause I always donate to.  Take care folks.Posted Image

Thanks BB, likewise with the RNLI, we were on Poppit Sands this morning and there is a lifeboat station where we always donate.  Just south of there, about 200m away, is the old lifeboat house, a green door on a stone building, further down the bay.  This is the old Cardigan lifeboat station, the men of the villages (farmers mostly) used to have to run there, no roads, no lights, along a treacherous path, and drag the boat out and launch it.  If the tide was low this would have been a trek, if high and stormy it would have been terrifying.  Seeing and feeling the sea today at high tide just gave me even more respect for those brave folk that volunteer.  On the beaches this afternoon, running away from the storm driven waves as they steamed up the sand, my youngest said that in Morecambe Bay the tide comes in faster than a man can run.  I think I mentioned that to him a while back but it clearly stuck with him and as we ran, laughing and stumbling, it stopped me in my tracks, how terrifying that must have been for those cockle pickers caught that day, no geography, no language to call for help, just the tide faster then they could ever be.

Soft rain here again now, no wind, just the rhythm of the drops on the corrugated plastic of the lean-to.  I love that sound.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 2

Posted

I can hear the wind increasing outside and the rains coming down now but im sooo tired so am getting a few hours sleep... have set the alarm fot 02:00. See you soon guys :)

Posted

We actually drove east and visited Climping beach. Would certainly be interesting to be there now. A wild night out there, just took the dog out to do her business and not a car or person to be seen

Ah, I like Climping beach, nice and wild on a stormy night. Hubby used to fish there and was a good place for sea bass. Mmmm, mouth watering now, bass with ginger and spring onion. Yummy.

• Like 3

Posted

Do you have any update on the expected arrival and intensity of the storm in the Croydon area John-must admit getting a bit worried now especially as hubby thinks he is still going to set off to London in morning and daughter thinks she is driving to Reigate from here as they both think I am going over the top about the situation.

They should be fine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Off to bed once more finished. Shall set a 3am alarm but who knows if it will wake me!

Posted

Not expecting anything till early dawn tomorrow, so night all, stay safe, I'm grateful South Eastern trains aren't running till the worst has passed as that means no pressure to get to work on time!

I'm off to bed, windows wide open... In memory of Lou Reed... I walk on the wild side!

Night all xx

• Like 8

Posted

The earlier video of the RNLI rescue attempt in Newhaven was all the more poignant given a post made by Robin ( Coast ) earlier this morning in connection with the Rye lifeboat disaster of 1928. A worthy cause I always donate to. Take care folks.Posted Image

While seeing them work when it seems a young man has lost his life is awful the fact these unpaid volunteers who likely have their own families at home were out in dreadful conditions and I am afraid to say may well be called out in much worse conditions as the night progresses brings a tear to my eye. Bravery is not nearly a strong enough word.
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Night all, wife and I going to get some shut eye before Noah wakes for his feed in the early hrs. I'll be taking a look what's going on then.

Sleep well, and for those doing all nighters, enjoy the ride!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Moderate rain falling here now. Like many others, I'm off to climb the wooden hill to bed, with my alarm set for 3am. Laters people.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Best time to wake up for this storm?

Want to catch a few before we see something more interesting. 

Posted

Decent rainfall in Gillingham now.

The odd gust whistles by.

Are we expecting heavy thunder and lightning ?