Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Just out of curiosity what happens to flights coming into Gatwick at around peak hour - i.e. 8am ish tomorrow  ? My friend is flying back from the USA !

1 of 2 things,

As there will be cross winds, there will inevitably be more go arounds and so there could be more chance of a hold and/or even for their flight a go-around, albeit larger planes handle cross winds better than smaller ones.

If it gets too congested or otherwise, the flight may consider flying to its alternate airport.

Posted

Just popped down the beach with my boy while the Mrs cooks a roast dinner, very windy down there already as one would expect.

Loads of foam blowing about already, it's building up on the beach like snow and some is even making it up over the cliffs on to the A259.

I think it's going to be fun out there later :)

I've just got my weather station going again with new batteries, hoping to see a 100mph on it tonight lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I guess I might not see you at work tomorrow Rob.

Good luck everyone, stay sensible, stay safe, see you the other side of the action.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

1 of 2 things,

As there will be cross winds, there will inevitably be more go arounds and so there could be more chance of a hold and/or even for their flight a go-around, albeit larger planes handle cross winds better than smaller ones.

If it gets too congested or otherwise, the flight may consider flying to its alternate airport.

Thanks John ! Very informative and impressed Posted Image

Posted

Quick note: current winds are unconnected with overnight event.

People on my FB seem to think it has arrived and that this is as bad as it is going to get!

I wish they would take notice of the links and info I put up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

People on my FB seem to think it has arrived and that this is as bad as it is going to get!

I wish they would take notice of the links and info I put up.

Im fed up of telling people, one on mine said, its sunny out and looks ok to me!!!!!!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

I guess I might not see you at work tomorrow Rob.Good luck everyone, stay sensible, stay safe, see you the other side of the action.

Ha, unless I have bad property damage I will be getting up as normal and attempting to get to Burgess Hill. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I have to be asleep by one for work so im hoping we get summit in for then

Posted

i  think there should  be  heads  up  line  of showers now  from  wales along the  m4  to London   plus there some  very nasty looking rain following  in  should be a very nasty night coming so be safe and careful

Under nine's Halloween party about to kick off in the garden, rather windy but I don't think we will lose any of them.  The gazebo had to be put away just before midday as although strapped down every gust was getting stronger and after a Health & Safety meeting (yes the wife came out)

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
Posted

Taken from Brighton Argus.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10766502.Sussex_bracing_itself_for_wrath_of_St_Jude/

Helen Chivers, forecaster for the Met Office, said the worst of the storm would hit at around 5am.

She added: “First we will get the torrential rain. That should be around 9pm and it will continue until midnight.

“Then at about 4am to 5am you will get the strong gusts.

“They will be in the region of 70 mph to 80mph and in some more exposed areas up to 85mph to 90mph.

“They will start to die down around 11am and the speeds should fall off fairly rapidly after that.â€

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Trimmed back the tree hitting our roof, it hasnt made much difference to the noise! Just gotta hope now. Making a lamb roast with a bottle of red with it I think.

Fairly strong gusts on and off here.

• Like 3

Posted

watching  that rain heading  in  there a  lot of  red  in there  with the wind  its going  to be  a wild  night

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

please not again

bulls eye  26 yeas revisited  !!!

Posted

watching  that rain heading  in  there a  lot of  red  in there  with the wind  its going  to be  a wild  night

Oh God... You serious???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Quote from the storm thread, another high resolution model, not good news either 

12Z HIRLAM shows a very tight pressure gradiant crossing the UK. I've been having problems using the site all day but managed to grab these.

It's showing sustained force 8/9 in the area of tight isobars.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Those images are for next Sunday :)

Posted

Not sure if someone has already posted this as not yet had the chance to catch up with the thread, but those of us that need to use South Eastern trains tomorrow - they are running a reduced service all day, and won't start running trains until it's safe to do so (they seem to think around 9am)  Here's the link:  http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/

In a way, I am relieved that I don't have to venture out until later tomorrow morning standing at a train platform waiting for non-existent trains and no information up on the boards!