Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Latest from XC weather:

post-6667-0-70650600-1382944257_thumb.jp

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Sussex Police reporting 125 trees blocking roads and now not reporting on individual cases.

Posted

Morning peeps was awake at 4 wind picking up at around 5 winds really picked up around 6 to 630 with some very full on blasts thought at one point the roof was going to take off as some strange straining noises from the loft!!! I'm the only one up everyone is zonked out!!! Can still hear planes from Heathrow which is even worrying maybe worse for them so at the min it's me and my fluffy little doggy just sitting tight:-/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

wind has calmed now, it boke my glasses trhough as they werr ripped off of my face lol, they were old anyway guess were im off to today then the opticians!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

It went quiet for a while.But its got up now!!!omg

Posted

Morning peeps was awake at 4 wind picking up at around 5 winds really picked up around 6 to 630 with some very full on blasts thought at one point the roof was going to take off as some strange straining noises from the loft!!! I'm the only one up everyone is zonked out!!! Can still hear planes from Heathrow which is even worrying maybe worse for them so at the min it's me and my fluffy little doggy just sitting tight:-/

and they say the gusts for my area is 47 hmmm wad that at 4 this morning!!!

Posted

Over 18mm of rain here overnight to add to the difficult conditions 

Posted

Slept through the alarm but the wind just woke me! I see 40k homes no power :( I'm still OK though. Pressure has just bottomed out and levelled off so I assume it's passing now.

Posted

I'm in NE London and winds have really droppen here in last 15 mins, not like before that shook our flat... Really weird.

Edited by exodus

Posted

So has this storm tracked further south than first thought as Norwich is fairly calm? A bit breezy but less than yesterday, wet but not pouring with rain. Fingers crossed this is all we'll get.

• Like 1

Posted

I think for those like me just North of London our proximity to the centre of the low, which I think is about 25-50 miles further south than forecast has meant we haven't had worst of winds.

Agree East Herts/ West Essex folks?

Posted

Commuters are being warned of travel disruption on Monday as a storm bringing severe gale-force winds starts moving across England and Wales.

Train companies have cancelled early-morning services, and flights into London have been reduced. Gusts of up to 80mph (130km/h) are predicted as the weather hits the South West then moves north and eastwards and there are fears of flooding and damage. The prime minister has chaired talks about plans to protect the public. Meanwhile the search for a missing 14-year-old boy who was swept away by the sea in East Sussex has been stood down.

Robin Gisby, network operations managing director for Network Rail, said commuters should expect considerable disruption. "This will impact up to Birmingham and up to Nottingham and the Midlands. If we get through this in the morning, restore the service during the afternoon and are able to start up a good service on Tuesday morning, in the circumstances I'll be pretty pleased," he said.

Travel warnings include:

South West Trains have advised people not to travel on Monday with most services not running until at least 08:00 GMT to allow Network Rail to check lines. A reduced timetable will be in operation, with some trains limited to speeds of 50mph
East Coast will operate a revised emergency timetable on Monday, with trains stopping at Peterborough until 10:00 GMT, and limited to speeds of 50mph afterwards
First Great Western and Virgin West Coast main line are also running an amended service until 10:00 GMT and 09:00 GMT respectively
First Capital Connect and C2C said services are unlikely to begin until 09:00 GMT. Greater Anglia, Southern and Gatwick Express have said services on Monday will not run until it is declared safe to do so
London Overground will not run a service on Monday before 09:00 GMT, while First Great Western has warned of extended travelling times and Southeastern said it is likely to start running services late

Airports including Heathrow and Gatwick are warning of possible disruption to flights, advising passengers to check with airlines
Airlines operating in and out of Heathrow have been instructed to reduce their schedules by between 5% and 20% between the hours of 06:00 GMT and 22:30 GMT, leading to about 60 flight cancellations. It is not yet clear how many of those will be short-haul or long-haul flights
EasyJet has warned passengers there could be disruption to flights on Monday. It said no trains would run to Gatwick, Southend, Stansted or Luton airports before 09:00 GMT

Eurostar said it will not be running trains on Monday until 07:00 GMT, with early services from London and Brussels subject to delays. It expects to run a full service after 07:00 GMT and passengers are advised to arrive at the scheduled time Several ferry companies have also cancelled services, including some English Channel and Irish Sea crossings. Several bridges including the M48 Severn Crossing, the A249 Sheppey Crossing in Kent, and the Tamar Bridge which joins Cornwall and Devon are closed. There also are plans to shut the M4 Severn bridge and the Queen Elizabeth II bridge on the M25 on Monday morning, with traffic directed through the tunnel part of the crossing
The Highways Agency is advising motorists to check the weather forecast and road conditions before they travel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24690552

Posted

I think for those like me just North of London our proximity to the centre of the low, which I think is about 25-50 miles further south than forecast has meant we haven't had worst of winds.Agree East Herts/ West Essex folks?

I think we've just entered the centre as the winds have dropped to almost nothing here all of a sudden!

Posted

Is thebworse still to come in London? 

We had gusts of around 40mph 10mins back but seems to be calmer again...

Edited by mobad

Posted

Pressure now rising very fast in Eastbourne: 984.7 Pa rising 2.6 Pa/hr

Posted

Not too bad in Southend. Max gust around 52mph so far. Few fences blown out. Normal Autumn gale really.

Posted

Anybody taken the A23 North into Bugress Hill this morning and can give a traffic/road report please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Same here, gone very quiet.  BBC national and local forecasts keep saying we are due the worst between 8am and 10am. 

• Like 2