Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

If I am understanding this right, from that fax chart the low is moving along the predicted line the met office gave and the winds will go with it (beneath the line) all the way until it gets to Norfolk!?  How does the intensity work?  (I am a complete novice)

Edited by Brightlight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

Winds at their strongest here, 30mm of rain in the last 24 hours. Still intensifying. 983mb and now dropping 1mb/hr (was 3mb/hr)

Posted

After several hours of complete calm, WEATHER has just swung up here into the hills. Light to moderate rain began about an hour ago with the first gusts of wind roaring in approx. 20 mins ago. Sounds quite lively & looks to get more so after looking at the Fax chart John has just posted.

• Like 1

Posted

For information to those in Essex:  

Essex weather keeping tweets going through the night, some interesting stuff, https://twitter.com/EssexWeather

Slept for couple of hours, woke up, cup of tea, now don't feel like kipping...  severe weather makes me like a kid Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

I am very happy to hear you say that ! I hope its correct, I was under the impression the strongest winds were for around 5am

I could well be wrong, but I doubt it will get much worse, I suspect just a couple more hours of what we have now ...going to try see if I can grab a few zzzzz's . stay safe !!!

Posted

hi bright

the low is expected to get stronger as it crosses the uk

when it gets to north of yarmouth the southern part of the low is likely to have tighter isobars

this is what is likely to cause norfolk-yarmouth areas a problem as it leaves the uk

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

I don't think it's going to get much worse than it is now for us down along the S.Coast.

Why do you think that ? Sorry im a little confused ? I would love for you to be correct but according to the met office weve still got the worse to come ?

Posted

hi jules

i think the low will tighten the isobars further as it crosses the uk

its hard to pinpoint exact timing but it may get a tad worse over the next couple of hours

sorry do not like saying this

• Like 1

Posted

Someone on the south west thread is saying this storm is moving slower, taking a more north track.

Yea I've just read that too, I'm sure they don't mind us gatecrashing their thread.

Posted

hi bright

the low is expected to get stronger as it crosses the uk

when it gets to north of yarmouth the southern part of the low is likely to have tighter isobars

this is what is likely to cause norfolk-yarmouth areas a problem as it leaves the uk

Thank you

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

For information to those in Essex:  

Essex weather keeping tweets going through the night, some interesting stuff, https://twitter.com/EssexWeather

Slept for couple of hours, woke up, cup of tea, now don't feel like kipping...  severe weather makes me like a kid Posted Image

Yes it's just like Christmas Eve hoping to catch Santa. I think I'd better get some kip and hope the wind wake me up when/if things get 'exciting'.

• Like 1

Posted

I thought I would join this chat to see what people are experiencing with the storm!Posted Image I don't think these 'radars' are 100% correct probably not even '99%' correct because, I'm in Greater Manchester as we speak and there is no rain and no wind. I know the storm is more for South England but the radar is showing rain for my location, any chance this storm will move further north towards North West England during the night? Just another quick question I would appreciate a reply. Has anybody heard about another potential storm heading over North West England next weekend?

Thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Thanks JP ...have to admit wind noise and flickering lights are pretty scarey here in forest row atm despite being sheltered so re-assuring to know you're still on-line and i still have power!Guineapiggies are a bit wheeky with each gust.Got a flood alert at 10pm and rain is still coming down. All food defences deployed but this is the first combi-scenario here with both rain and wind....and we still have some while to go before it moves on.xxxx

• Like 1

Posted

Something woke me up! Pretty windy out there now but not too bad. Decided to have a sneaky cig outside and soon regretted it. Timed it during a big old gust which made me nervous so came straight back in!

Massive puddles where drains are blocked. No visable damage, branches, trees that I can see yet.

Posted

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/observations

look at the pressure chart

see the low over cornwall

now imagine that goes north east

see what it does to the pressure to its south

thats what i see causing the biggest issue at present

Guest bjaykent

hi jules

i think the low will tighten the isobars further as it crosses the uk

its hard to pinpoint exact timing but it may get a tad worse over the next couple of hours

sorry do not like saying this

Hi JP, did you ever go to bed!

Have certainly been surprised by the amount of rain we've had, think flooding is going to be an issue by morning, winds are gusty here now, hoping I am far enough south to be out of the influence of the low when it exits into the north sea later.Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/observations

look at the pressure chart

see the low over cornwall

now imagine that goes north east

see what it does to the pressure to its south

thats what i see causing the biggest issue at present

Has the low stalled there? It seems to be in a very similar place since I last looked about 2 hours ago. I might be remembering wrong.