South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

hi isabelle

here somewhere around 3am-4am ish

so they should be ok to not be out in the strongest stuff

will still be gusty around the rush hour though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

I see a few newbie smartypants have infiltrated our thread tonight. Don't rise to the bait, we are better than that.Posted Image

I hope that wasn't referring to me? I've been a member on here for 6 years or so, but don't tend to post all that much....I'm one of the many lurkers. If it wasn't, apologies.

• Like 1

Posted

The winds have picked up here in Brighton with steady rain, gusts fairly strong, I measure them by the sounds coming down the chimney and the leaves on the trees are fairly noisy!  Nothing stronger than we had mid afternoon - not yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Staying up because its my Birthday tomorrow and what an exciting one its going to be!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Unexpected huge gust just slapped a bin bag into my back door!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Good Lord, my FB reads like the end is nigh. There are going to be 150mph winds and houses are going to fall down dontcha know? Where are people getting this from?!?

Edited by Lauren
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

*attempting* the all nighter. Not sure OH is that thrilled, I also requested that if it got bad, could we make a camp out of duvets sleeping bags etc in the living room..

• Like 3

Posted

Off to bed in a mo..

Currently 14c, wind SW'ly F5, pressure 994.5mb and falling rapidly (1.5mb per hour)

Be interesting to see what we wake to in the morning, night all :)

Edited by lottiekent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

No storm force winds tonight....

Didn't have a curry for dinner, sorry guys Posted Image

So the trains are not running which is great as I need to be somewhere in Norwich at half 9, will either have to experience storm force winds on a double decker bus or face the reality of being delayed by a moderate breeze. Not sure what is worse.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunder ~ both together would be great !

Reasonably heavy ish rain in whitstable . My ears hurt and I have a stinking headache which could be due to pressure but more likely due to storm watching since Friday . Winds also picking up

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I dont know if ill stay up all night, I was going to stay up late anyway as I like to watch american football on a sunday.Shame we don't have something like this for the UK:http://hint.fm/wind/

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Heavy rain here ,wind picked up a bit but nothing too bad.Going to get some sleep and see if I wake to a Lucy light breeze or a hurricane Henry :) night folks

Posted

estofex just updated and put us all under level2 warning!!!!!!!!!!

Storm Forecast

Storm ForecastValid: Mon 28 Oct 2013 06:00 to Tue 29 Oct 2013 06:00 UTCIssued: Sun 27 Oct 2013 23:15Forecaster: GROENEMEIJER

Note: ESTOFEX forecasts address only convective storms, not windstorms unrelated to deep, moist convection. The level areas do therefore not represent regions affected by non-convective severe windA level 2 was issued for SE England, N France, Benelux, NW Germany and S Denmark mainly for severe wind gusts and isolated tornadoes.A level 1 was issued for an area surrounding the level 2 mainly for severe wind gusts and isolated tornadoes.

• Like 1

Good Lord, my FB reads like the end is nigh. There are going to be 150mph winds and houses are going to fall down dontcha know? Where are people getting this from?!?

haha most people believe any old clap trap. Critical thinking isn't taught too well in schools...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I'm off to bed now - I'll leave you with this .....

post-10773-0-73824400-1382916745_thumb.j

.... Night night - stay safe !

• Like 1

Posted

Reasonably heavy ish rain in whitstable . My ears hurt and I have a stinking headache which could be due to pressure but more likely due to storm watching since Friday . Winds also picking up

Hi Karmamel are you staying up all night?  am stuck at work in docklands and could do with some updates,drive home to Herne Bay at 06.30 so would be nice to know what its like. Born and bred bubbleitePosted Image

Posted

I dont know if ill stay up all night, I was going to stay up late anyway as I like to watch american football on a sunday.Shame we don't have something like this for the UK:http://hint.fm/wind/

That is weird! Where does the wind all go too? Down a big hole in the middle?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunder ~ both together would be great !

Hi Karmamel are you staying up all night? am stuck at work in docklands and could do with some updates,drive home to Herne Bay at 06.30 so would be nice to know what its like. Born and bred bubbleitePosted Image

Evening

No going to sleep now but set alarm for 3am so will let you know what's happening then unless it wakes me sooner

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Have a terrible head and am going to get some shut eye. Will wake if it gets worse.

Consistent rain now and windy. Gatwick still landing aircraft.