Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Just got a charming email from my employers.  It basically states that they are aware of the imposing storm, and guaranteed disruption to public transport.  So on that note, could employees possibly find someone who drives to work and car share for the day....  We will be open as normal from 8am, when we expect to see you.... Nice. Rain coming down heavier now.  Wind has dropped.

Your company sounds like its run by the same people mine are! They put out emails to staff when it's going to snow too, telling us that our safety is important but basically get to work or else..The pressure is down to 998mb here.
  • Like 2

Posted

That's interesting to know, I'm in Dereham, so will probably make that trek to the coast later on to see what it's like Posted Image

Was great in Cromer a couple of weeks ago, Huge Seas, BIG winds, SteveC (also a regular on this thread) got some good pics from the pier.  I was a coward and got mine from up top :-)

Here's a link to my pics, I'll try to hunt out SteveC's

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77987-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-300913/page-37#entry2804348

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather
  • Like 3

Posted

Wind just picked up here again in SE Thurrock, no rain yet, although my app has been going off to say its imminent.

now we wait! Posted Image

you should  be getting  rain!!! rain alarm is saying mod rain now in London  should be here in Ipswich  withing the  hour  rain very  near colchester  about half a hour away

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Just started to rain.. wind still fairly light.. waiting for weather is a bit like waiting for paint to dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Calm before the storm!!

you may be right

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

can anyone tell me when it will get to bucks im so bored waiting for it please help someone

Not until at least midnight.  Still have some time to wait....

Posted

After '87 and '90 I am in no hurry to see other peoples stuff in my Garden. Or my roof coming off etc.

Stay safe everyone....................................Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Very calm here in addington.

Exciting times ahead but also a little bit scary.

Grew up with strong winds and rain being the norm in the 90s and remember the 87 storm very well.

It's as if we have all forgot what a proper storm is , we have been lucky over the last 10 to 15 years .got a sneaky feeling this one is gonna be quite bad.

Due to concerning posts from well respected posters like jp,Tamara.coast and so in.( apologies for those not mentioned)

Just keep safe everyone.

That is the most important thing.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Wind just picked up here again in SE Thurrock, no rain yet, although my app has been going off to say its imminent.

now we wait! Posted Image

Your just up the road from me.... what a small world haha.

We've had drizzle, and about 10 - 15 mins ago something more meaningful, but it has now all but stopped...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Its been a windy day in sunny blackpool,hows things looking down south,is the storm still coming in or has it shifted,any downgrading or not.pretty worried that im miles from home

Posted

you may be right

don't like to be but this is what happens people start to relax and think nothing is going to happen then it all kicks off very quickly and unxepectly will be closely looking at the early hours between 3 and 5am

Posted

Just got a charming email from my employers.  It basically states that they are aware of the imposing storm, and guaranteed disruption to public transport.  So on that note, could employees possibly find someone who drives to work and car share for the day....  We will be open as normal from 8am, when we expect to see you.... Nice.

Rain coming down heavier now.  Wind has dropped.

Standard fare for companies nowadays. 

• Like 2

Posted

Your just up the road from me.... what a small world haha. We've had drizzle, and about 10 - 15 mins ago something more meaningful, but it has now all but stopped...

I'm in Chafford :)
  • Like 1

Posted

Heavy rain now from 9 till midnight then the storm please be safe everyone this is something not to be messed with make sure you have torches and a battery operated radio ;-)

Edited by Chloe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

Was great in Cromer a couple of weeks ago, Huge Seas, BIG winds, SteveC (also a regular on this thread) got some good pics from the pier.  I was a coward and got mine from up top :-)

Here's a link to my pics, I'll try to hunt out SteveC's

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77987-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-300913/page-37#entry2804348

Will take a look thank you, If you take a look at my profile pic its one I snapped at Walcott, got some really good snaps down there, I went home and came back for the night time high tide and got myself a ring side seat before they blocked the road off lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

post-10773-0-81213500-1382907298_thumb.j

For those of you worried about where your storm is see above - this system was never due to arrive in our region until the morning !

Winds will start to strengthen as it makes landfall in the SW - I suggest you either get you heads down for a few hours or watch the radar, :-)

• Like 3

Posted

Totally off topic but breaking news........RIP Lou Reed Posted Image

On the very night we may be about to take a  ' Walk on The Wild Side '.

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 9

Posted

For anyone wondering where the strong winds are, go check out the MetO strongest wind times map. You'll see that the SE probably wont see strong winds until, say, 3-5am at least.