Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

sounds too quiet for my liking.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Gah rain today is showing the ppn above me. Still waiting

Posted

It's now hammering it down in North Pembs

Local convenience store (10 metres away) open until 10pm, could be a late visit, a bar or 2 of some dark chocolate and some home brew espresso to accompany.  About to have Boeuf Bourg, mash and garlic fried courgettes.  I always find that when a storm is coming you need a decent retro 70s dinner party special.  Black forest gateau anyone?!

AS

Just looked at the radar and yes, it is chucking it down where you are, but you have a gap coming up, enough time to get your supplies in.  No booze??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I can't see why they would give anywhere a red warning if the amber warning was downgraded today (yellow one removed and amber one given 60-70 mph wind instead of 60-80 widely and shorter time frame for worst winds).

The storm would have to deepen rapidly now really for the winds to increase and then it would warrant a red warning I guess.

Posted

Reefseeker, are you out there?  What's happening where you are?!

AS

Reefeseeker and family made the sensible decision to leave Bournemouth earlier this afternoon and are home safely if memory serves.Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Also we aren't supposed to get the high winds until midnight I thought so still a while to go yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

It's gone very quite here in East Sussex. Raining gently and slightly breezy. Wondering if this is the calm before the storm ?Temp has gone down to 12.4 and my weather station is saying the pressure is 995.4. Sons spending the evening seeing which of the two of them can come up with the corniest weather related jokes - it's going to be a long night!

Posted

Much quieter here [woodford Green, essex] than earlier, rather creepy. There is a high scaffold at the end of my garden thanks to a Builder who is doing a refurb. It was crashing around all day and I hope it does not end up in the Garden tonight. Posted Image

Posted

i  know  its a daft  question  this  batch of rain  is not the main event that coming l ,later in the  night right!

Posted

Unless I am mistaken the main wind event is still several hours away, and the various Met Office warnings issued for our region in the last few days were always valid from 00:05 hours Monday 28th. Nothing has changed that I can see, so folk still need to stay aware.

• Like 2

Posted

Reefseeker, are you out there?  What's happening where you are?!

AS

I'm on page 34 of this super-fast moving thread! Even managed a couple of pics from the chain ferry:)Thanks for remembering my hugely reluctant decision to leave Sandbanks this afternoon:( Incredibly gusty on the sarf coast the past 24 hours but absolutely fabulously bracing on Studland beach with the winds whipping the sand and all of us up a treat.Now back in Surbiton taking the suburban London view of proceedings rather than the front-row seat by the sea.

Hope it is all lovely in Pembrokeshire, sounds great from your descriptions, keep them coming. Hmmm, retro 70s meal, you're going to need an orange juice starter, but recommend something stronger for laterPosted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Sky News showing footage of lifeboat searching for the lost boy from a couple of hours back and the sea is already incredibly rough.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Just looked on MO and maximum gusts now in the 60s for us overnight which is definitely less than was showing last night. I'm all for extreme weather (as long as it's cold and snow!) but will be relieved if this one downgrades a bit.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

Quite possibly.  If the Southern coastal counties do go red, the East Coast counties to Suffolk (possibly Norfolk) may also go red later.

Interesting that Weybourne ( about 12 miles from home ) is getting gusts of 45 mph, my station here only getting to approx 20mph at the moment

That's interesting to know, I'm in Dereham, so will probably make that trek to the coast later on to see what it's like :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

anyone watching x factor? the competition is guess the beatles song - hey Jude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! spooky!!!!!

Oh and its raining here in Basildon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Just got a charming email from my employers.  It basically states that they are aware of the imposing storm, and guaranteed disruption to public transport.  So on that note, could employees possibly find someone who drives to work and car share for the day....  We will be open as normal from 8am, when we expect to see you.... Nice.

Rain coming down heavier now.  Wind has dropped.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

anyone watching x factor? the competition is guess the beatles song - hey Jude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! spooky!!!!!

Oh and its raining here in Basildon.

Lmao and on ITV2 they are playing "The perfect Storm" heh

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Its gone so calm the past hour or so!

But I can see a big scary blob approaching on the rain radar!!Posted Image

(also my location is in my sig)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Wind just picked up here again in SE Thurrock, no rain yet, although my app has been going off to say its imminent.

now we wait! :)

• Like 2