Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

London Overground no service now before 9am

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

I'm staying at my mother's near Chichester. Took a walk at the beach this afternoon and the wind was incredible already!

It's going to be an interesting night, hope you've all got the candles ready

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between
Posted · Hidden by Jezzer, October 27, 2013 - Duplicate post
Hidden by Jezzer, October 27, 2013 - Duplicate post

I'm staying at my mother's near Chichester. Took a walk at the beach this afternoon and the wind was incredible already!

It's going to be an interesting night, hope you've all got the candles ready

Posted

Done 280  miles today visiting mum and mum in law, pegging down gardens, making sure they have water and food and torches etc all the time wondering if it was down graded or not.

After reading back 2 pages I guess it's back on? 

Think I'll do early to bed and see what time it wakes me. I can get by on very little sleep if needed ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

so heavy rain for a few hours..then increasing wind with potential for carnage and chaos and death or not,

but no one can really be sure in case the system changes course at last minute.

Edited by chubbyfan

Posted

I'm staying at my mother's near Chichester. Took a walk at the beach this afternoon and the wind was incredible already!It's going to be an interesting night, hope you've all got the candles ready

Hi Jezzer.Which beach? Selsey or Bracklesham?

Here is a good link for you to monitor the wind gusts at Chichester harbour.

http://www.chimet.co.uk/%28S%28ko3hsa2gzflyqmuhnsiqgb45%29%29/Default.aspx

Click the more details tab and you will see the wind has dropped as the shipping forecast suggested before picking up from about now onward.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while, but this weather has made me brave it and send my first post! Can I say think you to all the dedicated members who take the time to keep us all well informed - John Pike deserves a medal for all his hard work I think!

Here in Uckfield, East Sussex it has been really squally all day and the rain has set in in the last 15 minutes.

Have tied all I can down in the garden, now just trying to convince my 2 sons that yes, wind can be really destructive here in our corner of the U K! They think I am totally nuts being this obsessive about the weather.

Off to finish off cooking the roast dinner - think a drink is in order to steady the nerves for what is to come tonight.

Stay safe!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Im not going to bed tonight, like ive said before I witnessed 1987, im gonna witness this too.

• Like 4

Posted

Right, think I am as prepared as I can be, got torch ready, candles, flask of hot water... 

and me, just thinking how pleasant it is right now, calm, warm, eating  chicken casserole in pyjamas after bath, Southernman watching some daft vampire film, wonder how it'll be in a few hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

I'm expecting the amber to go red before Midnight. To anyone really needing to venture out early, Do yourselves a favour and just leave it till at least Mid morning onwards,It will be chaos from 6am. Expect power cuts and lack of sleep tonight. Most of all stay SAFE.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Im not going to bed tonight, like ive said before I witnessed 1987, im gonna witness this too.

Chel where in Basildon are you? give me a loud shout if I nod off!!

• Like 2

Posted

Hi all,Been lurking for a while, but this weather has made me brave it and send my first post! Can I say think you to all the dedicated members who take the time to keep us all well informed - John Pike deserves a medal for all his hard work I think!Here in Uckfield, East Sussex it has been really squally all day and the rain has set in in the last 15 minutes.Have tied all I can down in the garden, now just trying to convince my 2 sons that yes, wind can be really destructive here in our corner of the U K! They think I am totally nuts being this obsessive about the weather.Off to finish off cooking the roast dinner - think a drink is in order to steady the nerves for what is to come tonight.Stay safe!

I live just up the road from you in nutly which will probably get worse winds than you as we are on top of a hill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

can anyone tell me if high wycombe will  be affected please ?

YES

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=se&fcTime=1382918400

Posted

I'm expecting the amber to go red before Midnight. To anyone really needing to venture out early, Do yourselves a favour and just leave it till at least Mid morning onwards,It will be chaos from 6am. Expect power cuts and lack of sleep tonight. Most of all stay SAFE.

I've got to walk to work at 7:30am tomorrow morning buddy! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Pressure dropping rapidly in the Atlantic - station 62069 K1 bouy at 18:00hrs 990.1mb (-5 1 mb)

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

It is a difficult call, early night or early morning? Although I think it might be tricky to go to sleep early. I'd really like to hear the wind this time as I managed to sleep through 1987 - not the whole year obviously - just the storm:)

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Gone really calm here in Bucks