Sorry on phone

Not great as in very strong winds

For the south east

Will be back later with final update when new charts come out

I would expect a red warning soon from the met office

John

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Hi essexSorry on phoneNot great as in very strong windsFor the south eastWill be back later with final update when new charts come outI would expect a red warning soon from the met officeJohn

Thank you John, I always value your opinion :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Some of the latest data may suggest a slight southward shift and downgrade of the severity of the strongest winds but this is still a developing situation and needs to be taken seriously ....

post-10773-0-82846100-1382874633_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Operation tidy-up 90% done,just have to move a 3`X 3` bit of glass from having the garage window changed and i`m in vodka & red devil (soooo much nicer than red bull) mode,other half is baking some ginger/ coconut shortbread cookies later so bring it on! 

P.s

No,i`m not sharing. :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Going to put my neck on the line and suggest the update coming out shortly will have only amber and it will be moved further South and East so covering extreme south UK and maybe up into East Anglia.

I'd like you to be right, but I am not optimistic this time like I usually am. I think the writing is on the wall for us in the most south eastern and perhaps also eastern most parts of the region for when the storm exits.

I'm waiting for confirmation and then I will get myself organised with a few things. In an ideal world I would head inland to escape it, stay somewhere overnight with a good meal and a few vino's Posted Image and then come back again tomorrow when it is all over!

Edit: Reverse psychology worked and its still amber. At least for the time being anyway..

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Some of the latest data may suggest a slight southward shift and downgrade of the severity of the strongest winds but this is still a developing situation and needs to be taken seriously ....

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Out of interest what are the yellow splodges?

Posted

Im also very concerned for my parents (Clacton_Gaz) who now live on a mobile home site, which in 1987 was scene of devastation.

Posted

MO have updated the warning and it's still amber:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1382918400&regionName=se

Issued at:

1136 on Sun 27 Oct 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Mon 28 Oct 2013

Valid to:

1200 on Mon 28 Oct 2013

A very intense low pressure system is forecast to run northeastwards across England and Wales early on Monday, bringing the potential for an exceptionally windy spell for southern parts of the UK. At the same time, persistent, heavy rain could cause some surface water flooding, while the winds will lead to some very large waves around our coasts.

There remains slight uncertainty in the timing, intensity and track of the low as well as the northern limit of the strongest winds. However, the public should be prepared for the risk of falling trees as well as damage to buildings and other structures, bringing disruption to transport and power supplies. The public should also consider adjusting travel plans.

This warning has been updated to bring forward the end time.

The public are advised to monitor the website for possible further updates.

A developing storm is expected to reach the UK later on Sunday. This is expected to run northeastwards, across England and Wales during Monday, with very strong winds on its southern and western flanks. We are expecting gusts of 60-70 mph widely and locally over 80 mph, especially on exposed coasts, both in the southwesterly winds ahead of the low centre and west to northwesterly winds behind it.

20 to 40 mm of rain may fall within 6 to 9 hours, leading to localised flooding, especially where drainage is impeded by wind-blown debris.

Local Authorities affected and associated warning levels

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Ah well, I was wrong about moving the amber but right about not issuing a red. Guess they are bearing 87 in mind and that last minute change in track which could still happen over night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Out of interest what are the yellow splodges?

lights

• Like 1

Posted

Some good winds in Peterborough! Blew last nights pizza boxes out of my hand as I went to the bins!  Posted Image

Posted

rain alarm picking  up some  very intense showers over  wales heading  our way  withing  the  hour

Posted

rain alarm picking  up some  very intense showers over  wales heading  our way  withing  the  hour

Setting alarm now for 30 mins to get double pegged washing in off line :)

Posted

Damnnn that wind already!

Just been in the spare room and even with the double glazing I can clearly hear the wind out, and in the lounge I can hear it moving past the side of the house (and I have news24 on but can still hear it). 

When the storm really gets here I expect the "rush" noise to really be noticable (out soon as I am taking a walk through the park to get some pictures and then to the next village to see my folks)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I expect they will wait for the 12z updates from the models - that most likely will influence any further decisions about warning updates. My heart says 'go south' but my head tells me either no change or even an adjustment of the low back northwards

Right, time to move some plants, secure the garden chairs etc and then go to the shopsPosted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

driving to Southend for my dads 70th. driving back around 7ish....should be ok?

Posted

This should be interesting.  We have a whole load of trees behind us and even in a regular wind it sounds like a bit like the sea (weird I know)! I shall try and record some sounds later as I will imagine it will sound like a tsunami :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Amber Warning of Wind for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

Amber Warning of Wind for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

This warning has been updated to bring forward the end time.

The public are advised to monitor the website for possible further updates.

Issued at:

1136 on Sun 27 Oct 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Mon 28 Oct 2013

Valid to:

1200 on Mon 28 Oct 2013

post-10773-0-31169700-1382876889_thumb.j

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

I expect they will wait for the 12z updates from the models - that most likely will influence any further decisions about warning updates. My heart says 'go south' but my head tells me either no change or even an adjustment of the low back northwards

Kind of how I see/feel it will go too.

Posted

Issued at - 27 Oct 2013, 11:36Valid from - 28 Oct 2013, 00:05Valid to - 28 Oct 2013, 12:00A very intense low pressure system is forecast to run northeastwards across England and Wales early on Monday, bringing the potential for an exceptionally windy spell for southern parts of the UK. At the same time, persistent, heavy rain could cause some surface water flooding, while the winds will lead to some very large waves around our coasts.There remains slight uncertainty in the timing, intensity and track of the low as well as the northern limit of the strongest winds. However, the public should be prepared for the risk of falling trees as well as damage to buildings and other structures, bringing disruption to transport and power supplies. The public should also consider adjusting travel plans.This warning has been updated to bring forward the end time.

looks like  us  in Suffolk  we have  to batten down

Posted

Can guarantee a deep depression moving from Charlton to Dartford around 5pm, if Charlton lose this afternoon.

Any idea what I should wear, rain coat or tea shirt for sitting in the stand at the valley?

• Like 3