Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Ian Fergusson â€@fergieweather 16sW COUNTRY #ukstorm The current @metoffice assessment suggests 60-70% chance of a developed storm; 30-40% chance one much less so. More later

I think I will wait for the met office update at noon and see what they do with the impact matrix, 60 to 70 is still a high percentage

Posted

I think I will wait for the met office update at noon and see what they do with the impact matrix, 60 to 70 is still a high percentage

or wait till the country file weather    2  nite  that should give them 9 hours notice till the storm due

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

What time is it ?

Bright and breezy here in MK

Remember this is still a developing system

post-10773-0-95305800-1382861309_thumb.j

...........as it stands we are one box away from Red !

post-10773-0-20824900-1382861112_thumb.j

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Morning all,

What time is it ?

Bright and breezy here in MK

Remember this is still a developing system

Posted Imageimage.jpg

...........as it stands we are still one box away from Red !

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Mk

I guess you are not buying the downgrade yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Morning. back online. We already woke to a power cut this morning. Is that an omen it won't be bad or far worse than we hope. Pretty nasty winds here last night too.

Will try to keep up with everything today.

Posted

Spent an enjoyable afternoon watching a new presentation by a local amateur group of the story of the Rye Lifeboat disaster of 1928:

Posted Image

http://theatricaleastbourne.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/marys-boys-open-auditions-theatre.html

It contained many references and songs about the weather and the sea, in particular a song entitled 'there's a storm coming'. I wonder how they organised that?!!!! More on the Rye lifeboat disaster here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/50521-the-1928-rye-lifeboat-disaster/

• Like 3

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Wet start this morning. Hopefully it will cheer up later.

Well looks like the models has reduced the intensity of the storm and by the looks of it the storm is further south and moving quicker than even the midnight runs were expecting. Given the estofex forecast this storm has that 1 squall line feeling about it.

Posted

MkI guess you are not buying the downgrade yet?

There is no denying that recent runs suggest a less severe storm it's still likely to cause some problems especially along the south coast so we are not out of the woods yet ! Complicated situations can change at short notice and there is still the potential for description tomorrow - be prepared for the worst and stay safe is still the best advice :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Any time frame yet for the South East on this event, we saying stronger gusts starting this late evening through to late morning tomorrow?

• Like 1

Posted

Any time frame yet for the South East on this event, we saying stronger gusts starting this late evening through to late morning tomorrow?

Looks about right, I'd say peak now after midnight:

Posted Image

Posted

I'd be glad of any downgrade, so long as the storm knows it's been downgraded as well.  I live in a place known locally as windy ridge and the house is surrounded by trees.  We've tied down everything in the garden but not sure if I can tie the trees down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Looks about right, I'd say peak now after midnight:

Posted Image

Thanks for that coast  :)  Off to batten stuff down in the garden in a moment, lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Yes we are gonna secure stuff in the garden in a bit. Still worried about our powerlines. Some really big trees around here.

• Like 1

Posted

To be honest im on the side of "theres a nasty system coming" so what!!.. been through this many a time. it will come and go in a blink of an eye, the trouble is that we have all this internet and social media that we all use and everybody seems to hang on to all this as "all gospel" to what is and will happen.

I will go about my business as usual and go to bed, the wind will most prob wake me up about 3am which is ideal as i have to be in work at 5am, i will leave my house pick up my bins, step over over a few branches / fence panels (if it does get up to 80mph gusts) and arrive in work and answer all the phone calls of people ringing in sick due to lack of sleep because of the worrying!!

Older people on here know we have been through this kind of weather pattern time and time again, do we talk about it??  only the 1987/1990 storms that came crashing through and they were three to four times the size of this one which we still dont know what it will do yet!! So take a chill pill enjoy the sunshine and go about your day as per usual and just see what happens,, oh and my new neighbours (foreign, cant speak a word of english!!) is worried and is cutting down his apple tree as i type, which has stood through every storm thrown at it!!  lovely tree as well, produces big apples every year which my old neighbours use to make cider with!!

Edited by nanu
  • Like 1

Posted

Yes we are gonna secure stuff in the garden in a bit. Still worried about our powerlines. Some really big trees around here.

My garden's just gone into 'Lockdown' !

• Like 5

Posted

put this in the  model thread by mistake  !!! 1  o clock in the  morning

Posted

Moved most things in the garden yesterday, just wondering what to do with the flower pots still out there on the patio, hoping they are low enough and heavy enough not to cause too many problems :s

Posted

Moved most things in the garden yesterday, just wondering what to do with the flower pots still out there on the patio, hoping they are low enough and heavy enough not to cause too many problems :s

I'll come and pick up anything that escapes my garden, at yours tomorrow evening C! 

• Like 1

Posted

I'll come and pick up anything that escapes my garden, at yours tomorrow evening C! 

Hoping it won't get that bad :( At least I am on a hill for any rain to run off :)

• Like 1

Posted

Netweather NMM has the gust peaks still quite intense for us and many in the SE after Midnight:

post-6667-0-53572400-1382864249_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-13993600-1382864251_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-52031900-1382864247_thumb.pn
Edited by Coast

Posted

post-10773-0-66970000-1382864275_thumb.j

There were always uncertainties over the exact track, timing and intensity of this depression, and the chance that the low would take a more southerly course - however with strong to exceptionally strong winds on the southern and western flanks there is still the potential for damaging winds gusts across southern Britain and exposed Channel coasts.

post-10773-0-64397900-1382864345_thumb.j