Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I am up early looking for the latest.

At least this hors-d'oeuvre might shake some leaves off the trees before the main course later, it should get the remainder of the apples from our tree in the garden !

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Why the blimming heck did I choose today to walk home from work :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Just seen the BBC weather forecast and they are still talking winds up to 80 mph maybe stronger on coast and exposed areas across much of England and Wales. Plus heavy rain with potential flooding. Oh...also some rumbles of thunder. :D

We've already had a few heavy showers in Ippy overnight and it's still very blustery.

Posted

Can't belive the storm thread one run about a slight downgrade and hell breaks loose more runs to come!

Can't believe some are moaning about a downgrade as a home and car owner I would welcome it. Morning all bit blowy out there this morning woke me and the dogs up anyway. Let's see what today's updates bring.
  • Like 3

Can't believe some are moaning about a downgrade as a home and car owner I would welcome it. Morning all bit blowy out there this morning woke me and the dogs up anyway. Let's see what today's updates bring.

Quite shocking really imo. Some people need to grow up, as they would be the first ones complaning if a tree went through thier house
  • Like 4

Posted

Quite shocking really imo. Some people need to grow up, as they would be the first ones complaning if a tree went through thier house

Wouldn't they just. I'm still not convinced we are out of the woods yet though.

Posted

morning  all  watching that line of showers lot of red in  it acc  rain alarm  far  as  BBC weather is  saying its still 85  mph -100   for to-night

• Like 1

Posted

Just watched the bbc news still top rated warning and think there is far more in this than one dodgy run

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Morning everyone, so is the storm still on for 80mph plus winds ?

I hope so, after all the hype it's got me excited for some really interesting dangerous weather Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

@fergieweather: W COUNTRY #ukstorm UPDATE 0730GMT: Increased hope of a less developed system tomorrow AM; uncertainty; but full update around 10-11am today.

Posted

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=weather-alerts;reg=6;sess=

net weather  via  facebook  90 mph east  of the uk so they not buying  it

Posted

Morning all from West Wales

A quiet start to the day here.

Thought I would quote this from NW Senior Forecaster Jo Farrow, just posted on the storm thread:

"There are murmourings of a less intense storm from MO, but still an event with disruption, heed warnings"

Going to be an interesting day, in all sorts of possible ways, but some of the stuff on the storm thread has been not just throwing toys out of the pram but picking up the whole pram and chucking it off a cliff! 

AS

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Yesterday, after being the slowest of all models to exit the low from the UK, 00z GFS have the feature already departed the east coast by 6 am, with peak winds for our area around 3 am or so.

Posted Image

UKMO a little more delayed and suggest strongest winds will probably be reserved for around 6 am or so.

Posted Image

ECM slowest of the 3 models, with the feature still over C.England at 6 am, with peak winds for our area, just a little later than UKMO.

Posted Image

On the whole, the overnight models have, imo, moderated their view of this storm but with such a small, still developing and fast moving feature, this continues to have the potential to be a significant event, in terms of causing damage and disruption.Devil will be in the detail and it'll be a case of keeping an eye on satellite images and obs. from recording stations, as this feature zips through, to be certain of our fate.

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. It's very difficult for me to properly keep up at the mo, as only have a small mobile phone. Thanks to all recent contributors. :)

One observation to Suffolk Boy though, is that just sometimes big storms do happen and to just effectively say that things are bound to downgrade and post the same 36 hours or so before the event and quote an earlier post, with no real rationale, strikes me as being a little naive. I for one, on

balance, hope you are correct and have no egg on your face in 36 hours.

Keep safe all and prepare for what might happen as best you can.

• Like 4