Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Bs ignore the pub run.. Tomorrow it will be back and tomorrows night will make it 10x worse for it to be where we are at now Posted Image

Pretty sure we can't ignore it, sure it's thought to be unreliable but every once in a while it is right........isn't it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

It's okay folks, the 18z Pub Run has gone doollally and the storm threat has all but disappeared apparently :-)

Maybe it;s been inspired by a certain person back in 87....Here comes my warning points,my ban all in one. Best thread on the planet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I'm off to bed

post-10773-0-42258300-1382825310.jpg

Make the most of the extra hour - we might not get much sleep Sunday night !

• Like 3

Posted

Ive got a freind and her daughter staying with me in croydon, hoping to return to the isle of wight on Monday, what do you think are her chances?

Hand Glider, It will be super sonic.Posted Image

Posted

re the 18z

will wait for the ensembles

would be embarrassing for all models and forecasters if the 18z was right

got a feeling the pub run is up to its tricks again

would not mind the 18z being right and be made a fool of if it means not getting this storm

• Like 7

Posted

Ive got a freind and her daughter staying with me in croydon, hoping to return to the isle of wight on Monday, what do you think are her chances?

Later in the day maybe but early? Nah, she might have to swim for it then. ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Dropped a torch off to my brother today! He didn't have one and I dread to think of him and his family without.

Im seriously boarding up my single glazed window tomorrow morning and making sure we are all ready to go.

Stay safe folks but beyond everything else stay calm. Stay indoors with your loved ones and keep your eye on the bbc and local news stations.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

re the 18z will wait for the ensembles would be embarrassing for all models and forecasters if the 18z was right got a feeling the pub run is up to its tricks again would not mind the 18z being right and be made a fool of if it means not getting this storm

Couldn't agree with you more John. If it was a snow event being downgraded I'd be gutted but I'll be very happy if this ends up as just a breezy day.
  • Like 5

Posted

Tomorrow is another day. :) wait and see was always the best policy but if John Holmes is doubtful about the 18z GFS then I am not convinced yet. He was a smashing forecaster!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Yes John 2 days training for new system not a preference !Anyways why is it do gusty already ?!

There's already a weaker storm over us, effecting mostly the north, The low coming in Early monday is a secondary low to this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Surely I'm not the only one loving the idea of this storm coming, or is it not allowed or something?

I think I'm in a good spot for once for some interesting weather, i'm right on the coast of Peacehaven.

I'm a bit of a prepper and have a generator with fuel, loads of food and drink, nappies for the little one etc. so I am looking forward to it :)

Peacehaven got hammered big time in 1987, hoping i'm in with a good shot of high wind speeds this time to.

• Like 2

Posted

Couldn't agree with you more John. If it was a snow event being downgraded I'd be gutted but I'll be very happy if this ends up as just a breezy day.

So would I, However "METO" Would not issue warnings unless they were confident. It will be a breezy day  (X 10). Watch Winter drop straight in from this event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Surely I'm not the only one loving the idea of this storm coming, or is it not allowed or something? I think I'm in a good spot for once for some interesting weather, i'm right on the coast of Peacehaven.I'm a bit of a prepper and have a generator with fuel, loads of food and drink, nappies for the little one etc. so I am looking forward to it :) Peacehaven got hammered big time in 1987, hoping i'm in with a good shot of high wind speeds this time to.

yeah, I would imagine Peacehaven will be one of the best/worst (delete as appropriate) places to be based on the current predictions.

Posted

Tomorrow is another day. Posted Image wait and see was always the best policy but if John Holmes is doubtful about the 18z GFS then I am not convinced yet. He was a smashing forecaster!

He still is. Always allows open minds from beginners,Very much  like JP. These guys will always help,Teach, and forecast.Posted Image

I'm drunk

I can taste curry but not had a curry

Strange

Must be the storm coming, Keep getting drunk, You will taste Chinese shortly.

• Like 1

Posted

He still is. Always allows open minds from beginners,Very much  like JP. These guys will always help,Teach, and forecast.Posted Image

Must be the storm coming, Keep getting drunk, You will taste Chinese shortly.

I thought it was coming from America Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Yamkin, I know you love a ramp, but can you actually give a bit more meat around the bones of such a dramatic sentence - ie how you are in the know, what cobra are thinking etc?

I know we are in for a windy time, but even I am struggling to see why COBRA has been called!

snow raven, no ramping here! Croydon Council has emergency preparedness in place with up to date memos from the MetO. Croydon Council were informed that Cobra in place to commence emergency measures regarding the predicted storm.

Edited by yamkin
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Yamkin, I know you love a ramp, but can you actually give a bit more meat around the bones of such a dramatic sentence - ie how you are in the know, what cobra are thinking etc?

I know we are in for a windy time, but even I am struggling to see why COBRA has been called!

snow raven, no ramping here! Croydon Council has emergency preparedness in place with up to date memos from the MetO. Croydon Council were informed that Cobra in place to commence emergency measures regarding the predicted storm.

On the one side it would be a relief to everyone (almost) if there is a downgrade happening in the next 24 hours but on the other side COBRA, LA's and other services will no doubt be asking why suddenly 24 hours out it's changed so much?

Posted

Netweather on twitter just mentioned southern shift of storm so impacting UK less.

Edited by exodus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I'm drunkI can taste curry but not had a curryStrange

oh err

wet and windy here, nothing dodgy yet though.

had a few beers eariler (friends wedding)

Breezy but mild (weather too), 14.4oC

Posted

Any way, To take our minds of the impending storm, Here is some celebs, That should not have interfered with Life, When your young,Your Young,When your Middle Aged,Your Middle Aged, When your past it, Leave it. Shockers. 

http://www.funlyest.com/articles/view/454/page:12