Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What's happened to the Weather Shop?

Coast

Posted

Anybody any idea about what has happened to what must have been the UK's only dedicated weather equipment shop, down here in Eastbourne?

http://www.weathershop.co.uk/

Haven't had a chance to get over there yet, but have they gone for good? :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Bought my Davis Vantage Pro from them a couple of years ago. They were great. Would be a shame if they have gone!

Posted

They are (were?) only a couple of miles from where I live, so I'll pop over at the end of the week. Always great free advice and weather courses that it looks like I should have booked before. Lets hope they aren't a victim of the economy like so many other businesses.

Posted

Damn, obviously couldn't make it work, even through the effort of some friendly, knowledgeable staff.

Must be time for a Netweather online shop then... Posted Image

Edited by Coast
  • Like 7

Posted

I've used these guys for a while now so it's  sad to see them go bust. They always provided a great service and went that extra mile when things went wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I've brought rain gauge from them before and weather books. Sad to hear of there demise, just goes to show in struggling time for small businesses .

Posted

Very sad to see this place go. Ive bought to majority of my weather equipment from there over the years and always had good service and communication from them.

I guess the problem these days is that only weather enthusiasts purchase more expensive equipment as those with a light interest can get very cheap stations from almost anywhere now.

Posted

Damn, no wonder they had an absolute stunning bargain on the Davis kit recently, and I let it go.

Mind you I have supported them on more than one occasion over the years, and they provided the best service.

Damn shame.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Yep as Stuart has said they have been saved

The Weather Shop will be back very soon under new ownership.

http://www.weathershop.co.uk/magazine-top/general-interest26/28-eastbourne-youth-radio-2009

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I brought a new davis Vantage Vue from them two months ago and had great service, the weather station is faulty already, I emailed davis tech two weeks ago with the diagnostics readings who confirmed its a faulty, they asked for the seriel number and said they would take it from there which I have provided, I have emailed them twice since ove the last two weeks.. no response I have a £400 weather station that doesn't work, no local company to speak to and am being ignored from Davis, does anyone have any suggestions?  

I'm pleased to announce that the Weather Shop website is back online, under the ownership of Tempcon Instrumentation Ltd.

As a well established supplier of more than 30 years, we aim to deliver the same high quality of service and advice you expect.

We look forward to hearing from you.

P.S n1russ, drop us an email from the website or call us and we'll do our best to help. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I'm pleased to announce that the Weather Shop website is back online, under the ownership of Tempcon Instrumentation Ltd.

As a well established supplier of more than 30 years, we aim to deliver the same high quality of service and advice you expect.

We look forward to hearing from you.

P.S n1russ, drop us an email from the website or call us and we'll do our best to help. 

Thanks i will drop you an email now