Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 11/10/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted

Morning all

Dry here at 7am, but not for much longer by the look of it.  On the Raintoday radar the really heavy stuff looks to be more towards the north of our region, but it all appears to be pivoting so it doesn't look to me as though there will be much escape from the rain.

Have a good day all

AS

Edit: just seen forecast on BBC, heavy rain for here as the day goes on but a chance of drying up a bit around mid afrternoon

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 1

Posted

morning all its chucking it down loads of water on the roads my advice  stay in!!  here in ipswich

• Like 1

Posted

Lashing rain, strengthening winds. 9C. Grim!

might need a  boat its chuck it down here in ipswich  at the moment!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Ugh, yucky out there this morning! 9c and pouring :(

Thank gawd we don't have anything outdoorsy planned... I'd be preparing the micro ark.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all. A dull and wet start to the day here, currently 10.2c. I originally thought the whole weekend was pretty much going to be a wash-out, but Saturday was in fact quite a pleasant day in these parts. Have a good day folks.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Cloudy here, and damp the most pleasant it is likely to be all day by the sounds of it. Blob number two to the NE after yesterday evening episode. Looks heavier with some red echoes on the radar. Good job i'm inside doing some work today, a day for staying in for sure! Milder here though at 11c this morning, though with a brisk NE wind far from feeling it. 

Posted

Morning all. A dull and wet start to the day here, currently 10.2c. I originally thought the whole weekend was pretty much going to be a wash-out, but Saturday was in fact quite a pleasant day in these parts. Have a good day folks.Posted Image

i.e manged to cut the lawns yesterday  for the last time , now its pouring down!!

• Like 1

Posted

just looking at my rain alarm their some very heavy stuff coming from Holland   could be problems with flooding in the east later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

just looking at my rain alarm their some very heavy stuff coming from Holland   could be problems with flooding in the east later

Yup! A very bleak radar and looking across the north sea and into Holland another heavy band which looks like it could affect us later. So Blob 2 through today, and another blob of heavy rain by evening, may turn drier inbetween for a wee bit! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Ark anybody?

Very wet this morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

brilliant day in the Forest of Dean yesterday. Rained all the way there but then the sun came out for the rest of the day. It felt properly warm too. Then the drive back was the drive into doooooom. Wetter and wetter and still the same this morning. 

wetter than an otters raincoat.

I would love to say it's sun hot and warm, but as with the rest of the reports it's pouring again with the wind blowing although it's slightly warmer than last night. i think we might have another dryer slot later before more rain arrives this evening and overnight.

80weather if your building that ark make room for the rest of usPosted Image

Edited by chris mantle
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Friday I had over 33mm of rain and its chucking it down big time at mo , wth plenty more incoming , will check rain gage later ,but I think I will be matching Fridays levels or better if this keeps up. gotta be rivers getting close to bursting somewhere in kent..????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

The rain looks set in for the day here so it's going to be a lazy day catching up with recorded stuff on the TV and a Sunday roast !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

''never buy a car in the rain'' so the saying goes - does that count for selling too?

My car looks great when it's wet, this morning it looks fantastic!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

What a depressing day weather wise, Dark,Gloomy Chucking it down. These are the days you feel real fat content in a roastie dins.

Friday I had over 33mm of rain and its chucking it down big time at mo , wth plenty more incoming , will check rain gage later ,but I think I will be matching Fridays levels or better if this keeps up. gotta be rivers getting close to bursting somewhere in kent..????

Here is a link to river levels in the UK, just keep clicking on the map until you zoom to the area you need, then the green dot for the river and recording station.  The rivers look Ok around here and you can see that the EA are holding water back then releasing it at certain times, hence a rise and fall every now and then. If the rain continues and the run off increases then it makes that job harder and no doubt we will see more flood warnings start to appear.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/riverlevels/default.aspx

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

It's still night time here! So dark...

• Like 1

Posted

Not that I'm jealous of all you lot having nice freshly cooked home made roast dinners or anything but somehow my options don't sound as appealing. Posted Image

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk//frozen/ready-meals/meals-for-one/c/FRZRDYMFO

It's a grim old day out there and no mistake, time to catch up on a bit of tv I think, and that's from someone who rarely watches the tele !!

• Like 1