Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 11/10/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I'm going to be honest, Sunday and Monday look really bad with the GFS/UKMO coming out now, deep low centred slap bang over us, looks like persistent heavy rain and strong winds for all

:(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I'm going to be honest, Sunday and Monday look really bad with the GFS/UKMO coming out now, deep low centred slap bang over us, looks like persistent heavy rain and strong winds for all

Posted Image

Flood alerts will be all over the place! Heavy rain for 2 days straight apparantly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

What a crap day at work,my nether-regions had their own en-suite bathroom,NOT a pleasant feeling!!!

Glad to be out of that weather till monday now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Not that cold today actually, only a nagging wind. Pretty damp though and looks like a wet weekend to come. Oh well, at least I'll get lots of uni work done!

Posted

First real fire of the season lit. Sloe Gin fermentation under way today.

I can officially announce the arrival of Autumn!

Have a good weekend all

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 3

Posted

A shame that these synoptics are now and not 6 weeks later as some places would see some huge snowfall totals. A great set up for you guys too soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

A shame that these synoptics are now and not 6 weeks later as some places would see some huge snowfall totals. A great set up for you guys too soon.

but wouldnt the whole setup be pushed further south, allowing it to just affect Kent?

Posted

the setup for sunday/monday is quite remarkable with some really massive totals piling up. EA widely 40-60mms by Tuesday evening. #ifonlyitwerejanuary!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Funny how we can so readily get large rainfall totals but as soon as it is snow it either never materialises or doesn't amount to anything much. Okay we have been spoilt the last 4 years or so but it's rare to consistently get long lasting deep snow cover in our neck of the woods.

Maybe this year will be different.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

the setup for sunday/monday is quite remarkable with some really massive totals piling up. EA widely 40-60mms by Tuesday evening. #ifonlyitwerejanuary!

Or even more, there is 80-90mm showing up on the GFS just out to sea, wouldn't take much to get that over us.

Unless it's mid-winter the set up for this weekend is by far the worst this part of the world can get by a country mile.

I guess we could say we are condensing our Autumn into one 5 day totally atrocious spell of weather Posted Image

Posted

hi all

nice weather for ducks

fax charts at present

Posted Image

tomorrow

a weaker easterly flow

rainfall showing and may hit the far north of the region all day

the rest may actually see some sun after the morning rain clears Posted ImagePosted Image

temps

Posted Image

somewhere around 12-13 degrees

maybe a shade lower to the north of the region where the rain sticks around

Posted Image

sunday

looks like a strong north east mainly wind

more noticeable due to the low pressure just to our east

rainfall

Posted Image

heavy rain for most of the day

feeling cold

Posted Image

around 10-12 degrees

will not feel it though

rainfall could stay heavy right through sunday night

Posted Image

expect to see flood warnings starting to come out

especially low lying areas

cannot show monday at present

but ukmo show heavy rain continuing

so overall the weekend looks Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

thought better to use them than use words

• Like 9

Posted

Evening :)

Only up to 11.6c today with lots of showers and some longer periods of rain, none of it that heavy though.

Still raining now and 10.7c..

Looking at the radar made me think that if this was anything from two to five months from now we'd be wetting ourselves with excitement as this would most probably all have been snow!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Quote Steve C

"The bar was open from 10, so I had a pint of salted fosters there - the salt from the copious amount that had accumulated around my face. Posted Image That made the trip worthwhile.Posted Image I agree with your comments about the ferocity of the wind there. It was the first time I've experienced a true gale for a few years now, rather than mere gale force gusts. "

Salted Fosters??  Could that be the start of a new trend?  Saves eating the crisps Posted Image

Yes, that was a real gale, especially as the wind was concentrated along the roads.  My glasses case fell out of my pocket and was blown about 10 metres down the road before I could catch it

You weren't one of these guys at the top here then? Posted Image

post-11059-0-50369500-1381519392_thumb.j

Salted Fosters wasn't the best tbh - possibly because I wasn't expecting it!Posted Image I might have got used to it, if I imagined I'd eaten a pack of ready salted (or sea saltPosted Image ) crisps with the beer.

We had heavy rain here earlier, which I had to endure. Tbh I don't mind walking in rain, even if I get wet / soaked through, as long as I can quickly dry out afterwards. I only dislike it if it spoils my outdoor plans. Way preferable to me than dull drizzly type weather / North Sea murk.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Greetings all. Jeez Blowing a gooden out there,Has been all day. Came home tonight from work, After shower and change looked out bedroom window to see 4 fence post's snapped and 5 panels laying on the lawn,Posted Image I have to say Victor Meldrew's famous words came out my mouth. Im going to be busy tomorrow and extremely wet. Got to do it as the dogs will eat next doors,Cat,Rabbit and there jack russell. Hope you all have a lovely weekend whatever the weather.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like the northern edge of this belt is Chelmsford it has been tipping down here in Billericay which is about 10 miles away, north of Chelmsford looks like not a lot of rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Greetings all. Jeez Blowing a gooden out there,Has been all day. Came home tonight from work, After shower and change looked out bedroom window to see 4 fence post's snapped and 5 panels laying on the lawn,Posted Image I have to say Victor Meldrew's famous words came out my mouth. Im going to be busy tomorrow and extremely wet. Got to do it as the dogs will eat next doors,Cat,Rabbit and there jack russell. Hope you all have a lovely weekend whatever the weather.

EEK, if you are Redbourne I need to call my nan in London Colney and make sure her fence is OK (only there last week in the sun as well)

• Like 1

Posted

That wind is bloody strong!!!!

I know, wish I never had that curry now....

Posted

Posted Image

What the hell is this all about!!!

Posted Image

Talk about massive change...

I thought we had a day off tomorrow. isnt Sunday sposed to be bad ???

Posted

This joke is so old now Posted Image Posted Image

only said it a minute ago :p