Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 11/10/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted

afternooon allllllllllllllll

well it looked nice this morning brisk walk out about its cool to cold was going to put the washing out forgot to check now its raining ,better put it in the tumble dryer instead and guesss whotttttttttt it poetssss dayyyyy woooooooohaaaaaaaaaa ,look out pub here i come,hope ever 1 is fine.just to say ive not got flu just felt the need to say that,

• Like 1

Posted

Damn more for me too, I'll not go into detail!

afternoon coast 

whot have you been up to mate.........no no dont say i dont whont to know.lololol..hopefully u feel better sooon take care matePosted Image and any body else thats not wellPosted Image

Posted

Thought I would resume my lunchtime walks today (some of you may recall my asterisk frenzy last week when I missed the chance to restart due to people believing their time is far more precious than mine). Am now very wet. And the running track was closed. And all the students are giving me flu I am sure....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Ughh...got soaked getting me lunch.....

Im guessing by the looks of it, its in for weekend now?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Looks like a pretty wet weekend. Rain throughout tonight, maybe becoming lighter tomorrow, but then it now looks like re-intensifying again on Sunday going by the latest BBC forecast. Could be some surface water flooding by the end of the weekend!

Posted

Its here....

the endless 24-36 hours of rain.

S

<Pedant mode on>

How can it be endless if it's only going to last 36 hours?? Posted Image

<Pedant mode off>

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather
  • Like 4

Posted

Thought I would resume my lunchtime walks today (some of you may recall my asterisk frenzy last week when I missed the chance to restart due to people believing their time is far more precious than mine). Am now very wet. And the running track was closed. And all the students are giving me flu I am sure....

...but apart from that, Reef, how the devil are you?!Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like a pretty wet weekend. Rain throughout tonight, maybe becoming lighter tomorrow, but then it now looks like re-intensifying again on Sunday going by the latest BBC forecast. Could be some surface water flooding by the end of the weekend!

Jeez and some:

Bottom corner of our patch might miss the worst of it on Saturday:

Posted Image

Then Sunday!

Posted Image

Of course, almost all gone by Monday morning Posted Image

Posted Image

afternoon coast 

whot have you been up to mate.........no no dont say i dont whont to know.lololol..hopefully u feel better sooon take care matePosted Image and any body else thats not wellPosted Image

A re-occurrence of something I thought I got rid of after my hospital visit earlier in the year, seems my body is rejecting me..... 

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Rain battering the window here, looks like the rain is on for the day, night and the next few days, how depressing! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Yet another Friday and another washout for me workwise. What is it about Fridays this year?Worked in gardening business for 10 years and never had a year when one day of the week has been rain affected as much as Fridays as this year. Currently pouring down here in Locksbottom and only 10.8 degrees!!If only this was 3 months down the line as I think we would have been looking at copious amounts of snow for the SE!! 

Posted

...but apart from that, Reef, how the devil are you?!Posted Image

Hmmm, might be better to answer that next week when I find out if the students coughing and sneezing all over me have gained me membership of the Netweather flu/chest infection club (and the keyboard keeps spelling 'club' as 'blub', which just might be right...). Am also soon joining your 'got a place by the sea' club, so looking forward to winter walks on the beach at Bournemouth; I never care what the weather is doing when I'm at the beach:) Hope things are going swimmingly (!) in your life.

Still raining to quite some effect here in Uxbridge, it'll be miserable for the drive down the M25 in an hour. I get the feeling that wherever we are in the region, the weather is the same this afternoon. Have a good one everyone.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Actually looks like it might not stop raining for some till about Sunday night... Watch that flooding! Where is the weather warning?

There is one up from the Met for tonight, however I think they are quite unsure where is going to see most. Wouldn't be surprised to see a warning for Sunday go up tomorrow morning or maybe even later tonight. Some places can cope with 2 inches rainfall in a couple of days no problem. In my part of the world it's rare to have a day with over an inch of rain, might happen once a year at most.

Edited by suffolkboy_
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Wow the rain here is pretty bad atm.. nice to see rivers running down the road again however.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

wet, windy, not really that cold to be honest. Just a rubbish October day

Posted

Good ( ??? ) afternoon everyone. Well for those of you who were fed up and moaning about the recent benign and mild conditions, I hope you are happy now. Be careful what you wish for Posted Image.  Musn't grumble though, it's just average mid Autumn weather after all.

I did manage to get out for a breath of fresh air and a very slight change of scenery for an hour this morning before the rain and wind set in so I'm happy with that, first time I have managed that in weeks. I took my camera just in case but nothing worth snapping, most of the ltrees are yet to show their true Autumn colours around here, it could be another week or so providing the leaves don't blow away first.

Anyways, I wish a speedy recovery to all those on the current sick list, and enjoy the weekend as best you can, whatever the weather.Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Pretty awful weather all told.

Does make a nice change from the heat though, don't get me wrong I love summer but I am a Winter lover at heart!

It is this waiting that makes it so awful! October always seems so long to get through...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

afternoon all

well the time I set of early this morning meant I managed to avoid the rain and it passed swiftly enough to avoid it coming home too which is a bonus.

Cloudy and quite windy out, dry for now and at 13.4oC is cool rather than cold out, lounge is a comfy 21.6oC at the mo, which is nice.

Need to nip out shortly as I need to get to town before a couple of places shut (joys of weekend work mean not being able to get out then).

BB54, agree about the photo ops at present, I too have been primed for a week now to get some autumn colour pics but apart from the road side trees most are hanging on to their gree here too, have a week off coming up next week and hope to change that then.

• Like 1

Posted

Hmmm, might be better to answer that next week when I find out if the students coughing and sneezing all over me have gained me membership of the Netweather flu/chest infection club (and the keyboard keeps spelling 'club' as 'blub', which just might be right...). Am also soon joining your 'got a place by the sea' club, so looking forward to winter walks on the beach at Bournemouth; I never care what the weather is doing when I'm at the beach:) Hope things are going swimmingly (!) in your life.

Still raining to quite some effect here in Uxbridge, it'll be miserable for the drive down the M25 in an hour. I get the feeling that wherever we are in the region, the weather is the same this afternoon. Have a good one everyone.

I love winter walks on the beach, and Autumn ones in a good storm.  2 weeks tomorrow until we are back in North Pembrokeshire and I'm hoping for some westerly gales to whip up the seas then a northerly to possibly put the tiniest bit of snow on the top of the Preselis (not asking much, am I, it will probably be grey, still and mild!)  Brighton would be interesting this weekend particularly as the wind pushes against the incoming tide, but we are at home instead - maybe a trip up to the top of the Downs is what's needed to get the full force of the north easterly as it steams across the flatlands before being pushed upwards by the escarpment (makes it sound very dramatic, it's only just under 300m at its highest but I do like a bit of artistic licence!)

Thankfully wfh today so am avoiding the M25 - take care on the journey all who are on it later, I'm prepared to go so far as to guess that it will not be as much fun as usual....

AS

• Like 2

Guest bjaykent

Hi all,

Certainly a wet one today, have been under that line of red on the radar for the past hour or so and it has been torrential for much of the time. Had to get out the back to unblock the drain which had filled up with moss off the roof, the patio was starting to become a pool and as much as I would like a swimming pool, I would prefer it not to include the floor of the conservatory. Had the lights on in the house most of the day. No hosepipe ban anytime soon me thinks! Posted Image