Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

i'm getting the feeling that its going to be a bit of a mixed bag and all dependant on elevation

Gosh less of the doom & gloom eh!  LS has told us any ppn will be snow, ye of little faith!  Do you need a beer?

• Like 4
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 1.4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

heres the ECM charts for 240h look northwest toward Greenland

post-18233-0-30202600-1384726705_thumb.gpost-18233-0-02978100-1384726706_thumb.gpost-18233-0-66832300-1384726706_thumb.g

some amount of spread and as both the op and the mean have low pressure moving around there then there must be a lot of higher pressure there in the ensembles

Posted

Gosh less of the doom & gloom eh!  LS has told us any ppn will be snow, ye of little faith!  Do you need a beer?

Or a malt. Having one just now courtesy of one of our non farming neighbours after doing a favour for them last month.
    • Like 4
    Posted

I wish I could have a beer or two.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

I had a wine earlier - was offered a beer but turned it down! Too interested in reading about upcoming weather!

• Like 3
    Posted

alright Ally welcome back.....I think thats just about everybody reported for duty........ although am still missing burntfishtroosers..... 

nice new profile pic in respect to OTR Posted Image

Oh trust me he is lurking. Posted Image

I wonder what top end of M74 will be like on way back from Liverpool tomorrow night?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Came out of the model thread just now as Steve Murr has said that the 18z is all wrong anyway.  The weird thing is that he's probably right.   It simply amazes me how he can out- think the models! Wish I had that talent. I have a hard enough job finding the Eastern Seaboard! Posted Image  I think he is onto something and expects an outcome more like this evening's ECM.  If that did indeed turn out to be the case, then you better get the LJs looked out HC! Week after next would be enough to freeze your squirrel food off! Posted Image

Edit: Hey SL2 - back for the annual punishment I see!

Edited by Blitzen
    • Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow

heres the ECM charts for 240h look northwest toward Greenland

Posted ImageECM1-240.gifPosted ImageEDM1-240.gifPosted ImageEEM1-240.gif

some amount of spread and as both the op and the mean have low pressure moving around there then there must be a lot of higher pressure there in the ensembles

ECM is keen on some hefty GOB Posted Image

This is 00z but it's not much different on the 12z from today:

post-2844-0-30655000-1384727840_thumb.gi

Don't read too much into it but cross-polar heights...the polar vortex is getting squeezed on the ECM.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Came out of the model thread just now as Steve Murr has said that the 18z is all wrong anyway.  The weird thing is that he's probably right.   It simply amazes me how he can out- think the models! Wish I had that talent. I have a hard enough job finding the Eastern Seaboard! Posted Image  I think he is onto something and expects an outcome more like this evening's ECM.  If that did indeed turn out to be the case, then you better get the LJs looked out HC! Week after next would be enough to freeze your squirrel food off! Posted Image

Edit: Hey SL2 - back for the annual punishment I see!

"amazes me how he can out- think the models"

Hi Blitzy,

SM did an excellent post earlier today in the MT, worth a read for everyone me thinksPosted Image

Big Innes

• Like 1
    Posted

Posted Image17th Nov ECM GFS 8 10 Day Mean 00z.gif

Don't read too much into it but cross-polar heights...the polar vortex is getting squeezed on the ECM.

it does still look like we are in a GOB situation with that high pressure out to the east in russia so its GOB to get some really cold air in for me.

Edited by Buriedundersnow
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

"amazes me how he can out- think the models"

Hi Blitzy,

SM did an excellent post earlier today in the MT, worth a read for everyone me thinksPosted Image

Big Innes

Evening BI. Yes, I saw it.  Certainly knows his stuff.

Edited by Blitzen
    Posted

Posted Image17th Nov ECM GFS 8 10 Day Mean 00z.gif

would hefty GOB not be

GOBPosted Image 

Posted

I wish I could have a beer or two.

Perhaps you should just go for it in style... special brew / diamond white snakebites do the trick.

2nd thoughts DON'T - we need your analysis here! WTF is GOB tho?

Ok, Lorenzo, should I / could I start a poll on whether to split this thread into two?  I can't be alone in struggling to keep up with stuff when it gets busy.

Edited by Hairy Celt
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Edo are you weather station equipped for those all important Luncarty dew points?

ummmmmm sadly no...... my weather station budget got vired to changing my vehicle to a 7 seater following our surprise earlier this year.....even i found it hard to put up a case for the need to know luncarty dew points above transporting the family.... I am coming into a bit of disposable income in December so hopefully get a modest weather station at that point

• Like 2
    Posted

ummmmmm sadly no...... my weather station budget got vired to changing my vehicle to a 7 seater following our surprise earlier this year.....even i found it hard to put up a case for the need to know luncarty dew points above transporting the family.... I am coming into a bit of disposable income in December so hopefully get a modest weather station at that point

You planning another??

• Like 1
    Posted

Perhaps you should just go for it in style... special brew / diamond white snakebites do the trick.

Ok, Lorenzo, should I / could I start a poll on whether to split this thread into two?  I can't be alone in struggling to keep up with stuff when it gets busy.

I get what you are saying but I kinda like the one stop shop..... i guess you could have a scoish model thread but would just mean flicking between threads so pros and cons

• Like 1
    Posted

I get what you are saying but I kinda like the one stop shop..... i guess you could have a scoish model thread but would just mean flicking between threads so pros and cons

Yeah... I use a laptop mainly so can have a browser with more than 1 tab open but I'm guessing some folk will be using tablets which may be different - guessing here, is that so?

Posted

You planning another??

lol most certainly fu**ing no!!! then again i didnt plan the last 2......long story :) 

anyway the only 6 seater i know of is this so u can see why i went for 7 Posted Image......although the wife does joke we still have a spare seat 

• Like 2
    Posted

cant even have any drink the now as on medication

GOB was coined by CATCH the other day cos I said Greenland or bust.

• Like 2
    Posted

Yeah... I use a laptop mainly so can have a browser with more than 1 tab open but I'm guessing some folk will be using tablets which may be different - guessing here, is that so?

you can have multiple tabs on a tablet aswell......I would happily embrace a model regional thread but i guess just more work for guys to moderate.....maybe we would all start toorping :)

• Like 1
    Posted

im chuckling away here and the wife most keen to know what at..............best not tell her.......actually why is she still up.......oh no she must want ******

• Like 4