Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I remember winter 84, that's the year I grabbed the railing at my back door and left my skin stuck to it! Dono how cold it was...

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

might have a little surprise later on for us all just busy copy and pasting and uploading stuff just now but hopefully will be done before 9ish.

• Like 2

Posted

Evening All. First post of winter .. Hope everyone is well.

Left work back of 5 and was 6 degrees ( according to car) back home now and it is Baltic. My cheap Oregon clock says -3. Happy lamppost watching!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Braemore and Cluanie , that is lying snow? NW HIghlands

http://www.trafficscotland.org/map/?x=270000&y=755000&scale=5348388&itemtypeids=26

• Like 4

Posted

Anyone west or south of Glasgow? Showers are rolling in across Argyll, Ayrshire and Renfrewshire now, as well as further north. Glasgow Airport is at 0c.

Edited by Harve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Anyone west or south of Glasgow? Showers are rolling in across Argyll, Ayrshire and Renfrewshire now, as well as further north. Glasgow Airport is at 0c.

The wind is going to veer more NW during the night so it will take the feed of showers down the west coast of Scotland and through the North Channel, pushign them a bit more inland SW scotland, but then they fade, bit of a ridge (HP) for tomorrow, so it's wether you get the right combination for a shower to come into you. There are wintry showers about already near to Glasgow 

• Like 5

Posted

Braemore and Cluanie , that is lying snow? NW HIghlands http://www.trafficscotland.org/map/?x=270000&y=755000&scale=5348388&itemtypeids=26

Looks like lying snow on the road of Glenfinnan's camera, west of Fort William, and possibly right on the coast at Morar too.
  • Like 1

Posted

A shower just passed through here. Started as rain, some icy stuff falling on surfaces and towards the end there might have been some proper snowflakes. Glasgow airport reported first snow of the season.

Edited by A Winter's Tale
  • Like 1

Wednesday is looking interesting 50 to 60mph gusts being widespread across Scotland with 70mph possible in the Western and Northern coastal areas. With the wind being in a North direction temperatures will be very cold between -2c to 4c through out Scotland although it will feel much colder in that strong Northly wind. Posted Image

Edited by weathermaster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

The showers are penetrating well inland, very impressive and certainly well worth radar watching for a lot of people tonight Posted Image

Glad you reminded me - Lettuceing look at that lot coming this way!!!!!

Edit: 5 mins of sleet. As young HC says, 'Yay.' In a kind of 'oh really?' tone that teenagers have.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted

Fine cool winters day today with long sunny periods and few scattered wintry showers to the west. Another fine heap of neeps up just 7 drills left to lift tomorrow? Currently clear and frosty temperature -0.5c.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Hmm, well this is interesting - NMM high resolution brings a feature across the central belt between 9pm and midnight, which is hardly surprising given the current level of convection building in from the west:

post-9298-0-55565300-1384803037_thumb.pn

A good night for lamping I'd say...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Looks like lying snow on the road of Glenfinnan's camera, west of Fort William, and possibly right on the coast at Morar too.

Snow showing on lots of the northern and NWern traffic cams now. Temperature around here dropped to around or a degree or two below freezing by 6pm.

• Like 2

Posted

Looking quite frozen outside at 0.2c/-0.7c. Decent amount of shower activity to my north west. First night of radar watching of the season.

There was ice on the car tops two hours ago but by the morning it'll be a real ice rink out there. A sleet shower passed through an hour ago with plenty of sleety stuff falling on the cars but it was hard to tell if there was any proper snow. Hopefully more of us will catch the showers tonight. Up north, the traffic cams are impressive with some lying snow.

Posted

Snow showing on lots of the northern and NWern traffic cams now. Temperature around here dropped to around or a degree or two below freezing by 6pm.

I rather liked this webcam shot from a few minutes ago

post-1785-0-34776300-1384804653_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

are we anywhere near going on to a new thread as will be uploading something soon and would hate it put it in and end up going on to a new thread

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Hmm, well this is interesting - NMM high resolution brings a feature across the central belt between 9pm and midnight, which is hardly surprising given the current level of convection building in from the west:

Posted Imagenmm tonight.png

A good night for lamping I'd say...

Keep away from the coast and get a bit of altitude, I'd say, based on our recent 'yay' event.