Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

lorenzo

Posted

A big improvement on yesterday here in NE Fife. Still breezy but nice to see the sun out with blue Autumnal skies after yesterday's grey dreichness.8.6c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Been chilly here today, currently 5.8 and clear. Himself told me there was snow on the Red Cuillin this morning, but I got up too late to see it! Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Nice day here but with a chilly breeze. Reached 9C earlier but now down to 6C.

Posted

A nice day here with sunshine and showers. Now a chilly, clear evening with the temperature already down to 4C. A cold night to come across many areas with a widespread frost likely.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

SevereStudios â€@severestudios 1h

Arnhem, Netherlands today! RT @lieloe: Wow! Net een #tornado langs ons huis... #nuarnhem pic.twitter.com/GCYUf6OVDX

post-18233-0-89224900-1383513318_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Look what I found down the back of the fridge...  Posted Image

Saw that uber ramp and I thought 'Wow, what have I missed on the charts', not having been paying much attention recently.

Sadly, situation looks more like this. At least for now.

Posted Image

2.6 °C. So starting to feel like winter anyway. 

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 6

Posted

Anyone hear thunder nr Aberdeen about 4am? Or did I imagine it? Was certainly dreich enough for it if it was! 

Not sure about 4am as passed out, but definite lightning around 1am looking North as I stumbled back to my hotel room in Balmedie.

SNAW.......Posted Image  Winter is coming. Very clear and cold tonight.

post-2849-0-35849600-1383518773_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

nice to see some white in the highlands showing up on the charts

post-18233-0-13403400-1383524021_thumb.g

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

One thermometer says 2C, another says 1C. No crunch, clear sky... suggests both are wrong! 3C more like i'd say.

Tyre test tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Winter forecast is ready for your consumption:

http://forum.netweather.tv/blog/237/entry-4684-lomond-snowstorms-epic-novel-winter-forecast-201314/

Headlines are:

[*]Unsettled and cool early December, milder settled middle and colder end

[*]Wet and windy first half of January, Gradually colder through midmonth and SNOWMAGGEDON end of January

[*]Continuation of cold/snowmaggedony theme through early February, turning more slushmaggedon by midmonth and maybe milder by the end

Great read, all the factors in the mix covered here, best of luck with the forecast. If this verifies then January looks great :)

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Snow down to 200/300m tonight Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Morning Fellow Kilties! A lovely clear sky last night and now I awaken to rain and murk! Temp got down to 3.5 last night and according to one online weather forecast it's going to snow here on Thursday and Friday. Ha Ha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Morning campers!

Very frosty this morning (dropped to minus), and with clear blue sky and sunshine - very pretty! 

Currently 'warmed' in the sunshine and now 4C. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A lovely bright, blue sky morning here at the moment but we missed out on a frost.

Yesterday started out wet and windy and although the rain stopped late morning the strong breeze hung around most of the day. Despite temperatures getting up to 7/8C it felt bitterly cold when you were exposed to the wind. That and a cold wet Saturday certainly made it feel that winter is finally on the way.

What that winter will turn out like we'll need to wait and see but Lomond's forecast has it's promising bits. I especially liked "This would give more snow to eastern parts, with Aberdeenshire in particular taking a bad hit, and temperatures way below average once again" from an IMBY way. It'd be nice to at least get a dusting on the local hills Nov/Dec though, and enough higher up to start considering trips to the ski centres.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 1

Posted

Had to scrape car this morning and car read -1c in places. Glorious crisp clear skies all the way down to Liverpool, and looks like the same for the return this afternoon.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

LOVELY......after such a horrendous Saturday( it felt as though that torrential rain would never stop) This morning strikes me as a perfect late Autumn morning.Cars and grass were white earlier...frost slowly lifting as the morning went on.

Beautiful blue skies....perfect weather for getting out and about.

Reports of sleet higher up in the town Saturday......Winter is on its way.......EVEN LOVLIER!!!

• Like 1

Posted

A poor morning was followed by a lovely clear and sunny afternoon. It ain't all that warm either, currently 5.6 and falling with light winds from the north/north west. Long may it continue.....but sadly it wont. Back to rain and murk tomorrow. Bummer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

First snow of the winter and I'm bopping around to Thin Lizzy...*The boys are back in to-own, I said the boys are back"Welcome home, everyone! Nice to see you all :)

Lomond Snowstorm, since last winter I seem to have forgotten the tiny amount I did once know about weather (other than how to put on another jumper), but when I remember what it means, I shall appreciate your forecast in full. At present I'm just sitting grinning hugely at the big that has "January" and "SNOWMAGEDDON" in the same sentence :D

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Hmmm....just checking on the online BBC weather forecast for tomorrow's fireworks display in the village. Looks OK as rain should have cleared well before it starts, leaving a cool evening.

What struck most though was that as the rain arrives mid-morning there's a sleet symbol. Checking other more favored inland locations (Braemar, Aviemore, Cannich) it looks like some places may be seeing some lower level snow for a time tomorrow morning. Not unusual for November really I suppose, but given it's been pretty mild up until recently it's a welcome change of pattern.

• Like 2