Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Heavy snow and 0'C recorded at 9:00AM at Tulloch Bridge!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

I think it'll be a wee while yet BUS, but I like the sentiment Posted Image

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/ECMWF_12z/hgtcomp.html

yeah I think it might be a wee while as well but I punted earlier in the year for another hit like 2010 so might see me a little one sided for a while still hoping it will come off Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

My sister just told me somebody on facebook has just seen lightning in Dunfermline. Can anyone confirm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

It's certainly raining here.

Posted

Very cold start to the day with a strong SW wind and a temperature of 2.8c making the old farmhouse feel decidedly chilly.  Cows and calves shifted for last time into south facing field before coming in in 10 days so winter is properly here. 

And just to back up my post above the cap  on Ben Wyvis lowers slowly every day.post-2744-0-63193600-1383847081_thumb.jp Currently 4.9c

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

My sister just told me somebody on facebook has just seen lightning in Dunfermline. Can anyone confirm?

Didn't see any lightning because I wasn't looking. It was the noise of the rain on the conservatory roof that made me look!  Absolutely tanking it down here a few moments ago with hail mixed in for good measure!  Wouldn't surprise me if there was lightning!

Looks as if we could be in for another dumping imminently too!http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

I think I've seen a couple of flashes of lightning over Glasgow.

Aye I thought I heard some thunder there. Was listening to music so I wasn't sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Could well be some thunder around this evening, a very low cloudbase and a very high level of capping (around 400hpa) makes it almost perfect conditions for convection, as we've seen by the downpours this evening:

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Very heavy rain here now too. Not heard any more thunder though.

EDIT: And just like that, it stops.

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

yip can confirm from my mum who lives in Dunfermline that they did see lightning there earlier so your sister is right.

Posted

Certainly been thunder around, as lightning has knocked out power and internet access to Glencoe Mountain Resort! Hence all the webcams and weather stations are currently down. All but one on mountain cam was obscured by snow when the power went out, last view from the SSC Hut mid-mountain:

Posted Image

CairnGorm is opening Saturday at 10am... Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

yip can confirm from my mum who lives in Dunfermline that they did see lightning there earlier so your sister is right.

the power of facebook, no that I look at it.

I reckon Dunfermline is up there being the thunder capital of Scotland over the course of a year.

Posted

Wow that was some rain I drove through, was wet all the way from Scotch Corner, could see it as I was heading down Sutton Bank.. (Nice view of North Yorkshire for you BMW)

post-2849-0-49714900-1383858246_thumb.jp

The intensity coming down M74 was mega. M74 North was at gridlock heading up the hill past Strathclyde Country Park

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Congrats Edo ! No idea how you will find the time with 4 of them on the go, I struggle to keep track with 3. It's great having a boy though to even out all the Girly stuff !

From further afield on Netwx, thought I would share this from the Super Typhoon thread, a totally stunning image of Haiyan / Yolanda.

Frightening.

post-7292-0-26860200-1383859891_thumb.pn

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

so u can just guess what happened in August....number 4 is here....

Erm.....Congratulations?..

For gawd's sake man, get yersel seen to! We will all be logging on next November to hear you announce number 5 is here!!.Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

I'm in Glasgow at the moment and there was a small flash of lightning and a fairly loud rumble of thunder earlier at about 7. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

so u can just guess what happened in August....number 4 is here....

Erm.....Congratulations?..

For gawd's sake man, get yersel seen to! We will all be logging on next November to hear you announce number 5 is here!!.Posted Image

The other side of the coin is that ed won't have PVP to contend with. However, perhaps you should show him what a condom looks like...

Congrats Mr, have fun with the wee boy, you'll have fun with him! Just make sure he doesn't get spoiled by his sistersPosted Image

Oh and please let there be less sleet today Posted Image