Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 4th October onwards 2013

Posted

Local radio forecasting thunder, lightning, hail, squally winds and torrential rain for early hours of the morning here. I have no access to charts again so could someone tell me if this is likely? I know the south and west are at risk but this far north???

Shortwave troughs migrating northeast around the main parent low over Ireland, primarily late tonight and into tomorrow morning for the East Midlands way.

• Like 2

Wow looks really interesting later today/tonight. Now got to find a way of shutting down that pesky storm shield.

A few very heavy squally showers here already, unstable looking convective skies.

Edited by Bobby
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

confused about thunder risk for hereford, was looking on the thunder risk page earlier and it said 57% then suddenly went down to 19% chance but after midnight just shot up to 72%, lm more confused that localities lve checked directly around me seem to have a lower percentage of activity. (l like storms, just not locally lol due to my need of computer equipment and transferring of large data so l try to plan ahead for eventualities that may happen).

currently the met office doesnt have lightning symbols over us but up till an hour ago there was one for around now so recently lm not really sure if they know if the weather is coming or going.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

There's some developments in the channel which could be heading this way, one or two sferics showing up too. Let the games commence! Posted Image

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

I would say wait another 2 hours and we should see those heavy and thundery showers making landfall. Satellite already showing some towering clouds over southern UK (more so over the SW)

• Like 3

Posted

There's some developments in the channel which could be heading this way, one or two sferics showing up too. Let the games commence! Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More to the West as suggested by some models earlier 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

YES, just seen my first flash of lightning this year, FINALLY

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

AND AGAIN, that thunder was LOOOUUUDDDD!!! YESSSSSSSS

• Like 2

Posted

**** very heavy rain over my location!! Im expecting the cell which just passed over my location to intensify as it moves NE. Also an interesting cell to the east of Exmouth.

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

I wish every Autumn was this interesting!

Guest William Grimsley

Some very convective weather out there, today! That was one hell of a convected shower! It came out of nowhere! From the start of the shower just E of Teignmouth to a heavy downpour, here. High Rainfall Rate In The Shower: 15.0 mm/hr 16:47.

EDIT: There is a lovely line of altocumulus castellanus clouds in the SSW now, here.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Feast your eyes on this lovely CB from the recent cell which just passed over my location. I love this S/SW flow because I have quite a clear view of my N/NE to see what had just passed over me!

post-17320-0-41267300-1382457668_thumb.j

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

thundery showers breaking out over the channel and over somerset/dorset tracking NNE.......might I actually get something to cheer about before I go barking mad??.....

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Oh no!, it's too late! Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Just had a very potent shower pass through the heart of Peterborough. I was aquaplaning! Looking like this is just the start perhaps too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I won't be doing any long distance chasing tonight so i am hoping something comes local to me. Regional met office looks very exciting for the night period.

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Casting my eye to the cells just W of the Brest Peninsula. They looks like hitting the local area in a few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Woohooo! I've just been blinded by lighting while taking a photo of the incoming cloud LOL - Nice deep rumble of thunder too! :D  

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

rapid development of storms now coming ashore in Dorset....looks like AJ might yet get his first bang for ages (double entendres rule!....lol)

hmm....on second thoughts, just gave the other half that 'knowing' look and got my 'not a chance' look back....that'll be the double entendre out of the window then! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Lot's of lightning here,  huge amount of fractocumulus being pulled in,  very good inflow.

Very tornadic sounding !