Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 4th October onwards 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

A disappointing weekend to be honest AWD we just missed out yesterday and looks as though as we will miss out today also

Yeah I know. It hasn't been the luckiest period for us. Although, not following forecasts/models lately, this period has caught me a little by surprise. Anything this time of year is always a bonus too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very happy with this weekends thundery weather. Began with some downpours last night and a few flashes around 9pm, some more rain and lightning around 1-3am then another thunderstorm at 11am ish. 

Its great to be on the coast at this time of year as not only can you get a good view out to sea, in most but the stronger set ups like today, convective stuff fails to penetrate inland much. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Very happy with this weekends thundery weather. Began with some downpours last night and a few flashes around 9pm, some more rain and lightning around 1-3am then another thunderstorm at 11am ish. 

Its great to be on the coast at this time of year as not only can you get a good view out to sea, in most but the stronger set ups like today, convective stuff fails to penetrate inland much. Posted Image

I have to say, i would have loved to have been down your way this year, you've had some great severe weather, i'm quite jelly! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Can't complain really as have had a few storms this year especially the belter we had in the summer and a good one a few weeks back during the early hours but always good to get more,just a shame nothing happened this weekend or is likely to

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Im hoping for a good sunset, underlit decayed anvils with mamma maybe....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Was glad to time journey home quite well. You see my gps location next to Reading just as we went through the storm.

post-15744-0-72492400-1382277265_thumb.p

Posted

N NW London, bits of the M25 getting a fair ole pasting..Welwyn Garden City across to Luton next? Then possibly Cambridge E Anglia?

I can confirm that mate. Best storm of the year so far and yet more rattling in......frequent lightning, booming thunder and tropical type rainfall at times here in NW London. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

N NW London, bits of the M25 getting a fair ole pasting..Welwyn Garden City across to Luton next? Then possibly Cambridge E Anglia?

I am currently near to st albans and we have heavy rain with the odd flash of lightning. Nothing overly spectacular though. Currently heading east toward Hertford
  • Like 1

Posted

100 homes damaged in Hayling Island due to tornado moving across the Island, my brother lives on the south side close to Portsmouth sound but is currently up in the Lake District.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Heavy shower and dark clouds to my S/W, with rumbles in the distance just now..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

I am currently near to st albans and we have heavy rain with the odd flash of lightning. Nothing overly spectacular though. Currently heading east toward Hertford

I am in Hertford, very dark, and rain getting heavier and heavier, winds picking up as well

Posted

Its getting louder !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

hi bud, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you should have stayed at home. juicy storm has fired up over Ashbourne, probably no more than 10 miles from your front door, lots of sferics showing up on ATD fom that cell.....doh! Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

lot's of thunder in the near distance, i just missed that one but got some good heavy showers out of it, Alfreton must be in the thick of it now..

Yes AJ, Ashbourne was black !

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

lot's of thunder in the near distance, i just missed that one but got some good heavy showers out of it, Alfreton must be in the thick of it now..

Looks like its just S/W of Matlock right now, heading for me hopefully, might have to get in the car and have a trip up ashover way. 

• Like 1

Posted

Not heard thunder like this years !

Lot's of Ash'es round here Posted Image

• Like 1