Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 4th October onwards 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Absolutely LEATHERED it down about 5pm. Heaviest rain I've seen all year. Unfortunately I was in work so not sure whether there was thunder. People came in saying the roads were pretty badly flooded though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

And a  coffee here in Cheltenham Lol (only joking) Yes, hopefully round 2 tonight and in the early hours. I hope it wakes me up Lol.Posted Image  It looks to be a stormy week next week, so plenty to look forward to.Posted Image

Oi greedy you have had your fill....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Hey Paul, I've only had one flash and rumble all Summer Posted Image  But I know some members haven't even had that yet. Good luck to us all I say! If anything does happen we must try and not sleep through it Posted Image

Edited by Jane Louise
  • Like 1

Posted

Had some heavy showers just pass through, saw one possibly two flashes from somewhere though heard no thunder so quite distant I think.

Now I just need something to wake me up in the night if lightning occurs within in a set radius lol, wonder if there's a way to do that?

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Absolutley belting it down here no thunder or lightning as yet

Yep - got laughed at by Mother Nature just now during my stroll home from the pub. Posted Image

Edited by Chris K

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Thanks Raiden and Jane Louise, a cuppa would be very much appreciated :D

Not much sferic activity on land so far but it is during the early hours things are meant to crank up. I'll be setting off soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Good luck Supacell! I would say somewhere along the M5 (south of Bristol) to the A30 is your best bet! Do you use your phone to track any storms when your chasing?

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Wondering if those heavy downpours just W-SW of Oxford will move in soon and give something thundery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Good luck Supacell! Happy storm chasing :-)

As a rough guesstimate probably heavy showers only but then again things could change. Those nearer the coast most at risk during darkness any roads. As proven several times over :)

Temperature down to 10c here after being nearly 19c mid afternoon. They are not far away so will find out soon. Probably just heavy rain again.

Posted

Thanks all of you for the good luck messages, currently near Lichfield heading towards the M5.

In answer to P's question. Yes i now use my smart phone as my internet dongle has broke. Next year i'll be laptop and dongle again.

I shall have to drive near Brum but i will not hang around too long :D

Edited by Supacell
  • Like 3

Posted

Massive thunderstorm for the past 25 mins not that much rain really compared to what's being shown on radar

I would say that we'v. Had about 10 thunderstorms this year!

• Like 2

Posted

If you find it hard to follow any thunderstorms/radar on your smart phone Supacell, I will be on here doing frequent updates until around 3am(and possibly beyond if it gets interesting!)

• Like 1

Posted

Looking good on the south coast, especially near Poole with some nice cells developing, and the main 'interest' is about to hit the far south west corner of the UK.

post-17320-0-82681600-1382227841_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

Looking good on the south coast, especially near Poole with some nice cells developing, and the main 'interest' is about to hit the far south west corner of the UK.

Ah, that'll be what's dumping a lot of rain on me right now then. No thunder right now mush, will let you know if anything makes it over the sound of the FSU - Clemson college football game I'm watching.

• Like 1

Posted

Massive thunderstorm for the past 25 mins not that much rain really compared to what's being shown on radarI would say that we'v. Had about 10 thunderstorms this year!

Tell me it's heading east...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Incredibly heavy downpour just now. Actually scared me this one, not been a breath of wind here all evening then this came without any warning. All of a sudden thick sheets of torrential rain with hail mixed in and really strong wind gusts! Twigs and branches going up the road. Gone within a minute though. Just an embedded CB. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Ah, that'll be what's dumping a lot of rain on me right now then. No thunder right now mush, will let you know if anything makes it over the sound of the FSU - Clemson college football game I'm watching.

There was a good downpour or two here, 5.6mm fell in a short space of time. I was stuck under the umbrella in the smoking area of my local pub, the gusty winds drove the rain under it and i got soaked,  not much i could do, fun all the same. Posted Image

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lightning here in Falmouth again. I love the coast in these situations. :D

Posted

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78026-south-west-central-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-031013-15z/page-13#entry2809859

Haha Blizzard beat me to it. I went over that thread see if there were any reports of lightning etc :p

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

I've stopped just south of Brum. I'm not liking the look of the radar/lightning detector with the lightning activity staying out to sea it would seem. I am considering if its worth me travelling amy further as Cornwall is a bit far even for me.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I've stopped just south of Brum. I'm not liking the look of the radar/lightning detector with the lightning activity staying out to sea it would seem. I am considering if its worth me travelling amy further as Cornwall is a bit far even for me.

Personally for tonight it will be very unlikely to see much past the Coast IMO. Daytime will be better. But for the night hours it's just us lucky peeps on the coast. Still the odd flash here. :DProbably not worth your money in fuel coming all the way down here in kernow. Edited by Blizzards