Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/10/13 15z ------>

A.J

Posted

Wow that was amazing!! Did someone say we have more for the rest of the night too?  I was about to take the baby up to bed. So we went upstair and she stood in the window ceiling banging on the window watching it. One big flash made her cry. But we are having no scaredy cat baby here! She is no longer a storm virgin ...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Stand by for round 2...!Posted ImagePosted Image

Yes I've just seen more lightning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Haven't seen anymore lightning so think that might be it for now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

missed out, storm seems to be ignoring coastal sussex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Soz that big blob dumped a load of water and fizzled out. But there's more coming out of Normandy which might wake us up a bit later on :-) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Fratton Park looks unusable tonight;

post-12721-0-87320100-1382478866_thumb.j

;)

• Like 5

Posted

Latest Meto radar projection has a further squall like feature running across Southern England during the early hours;

post-12721-0-39003700-1382479094_thumb.jpost-12721-0-21207600-1382479102_thumb.jpost-12721-0-75874800-1382479107_thumb.j

Can't rule out isolated tornadic activity along the South Coast with perhaps water spouts forming over the channel;

post-12721-0-83659200-1382479170_thumb.j

All in all, a lively night to come for many of us.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Wind has picked up here in Sherborne and every now and then we have a downpour...no storm yet though. I wonder if we will get some action tonight? Feeling very warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Another pulse on its way and due to visit Newbury soon... Haven't heard anything yet so I think this will just be rain.

Guest William Grimsley

It was showery and mild with a strong wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 43.4 mm/hr 15:17 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 2.6 mm 15:22 Rainfall Yesterday: 7.8 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 16.2°C 14:45 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 34 mph 22:14 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 17 mph 22:16.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

SOMERSET & BANES 5 DAY FORECAST

5 DAY FORECAST ISSUED AT 08:00HRS ON WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 23RD 2013

Wednesday will be breezy and showery at first. Through the day showers will die down and it will probably become dry everywhere by late afternoon with some sunny spells in a cooler Westerly wind maximum Temperatures will be near to 14C so somewhat fresher than of late.

Tonight will be mostly dry with some clear spells and it will be a cooler night than of late with temperatures near 7C by morning. Winds will continue to fall light becoming variable or SE in direction by dawn.

On Thursday after a bright morning cloud will thicken through the afternoon with SE winds increasing and some rain spreading NE later in the day, some heavy. It will remain relatively mild.

Friday will be another very unsettled day with showers or longer spells of rain across the area in lighter winds than of late. Temperatures may be a little lower than of late but it will still be mild for the time of year.

On Saturday an unsettled start with further rain and showers will be replaced by a drier and brighter afternoon with some sunshine and rather cooler and less windy weather than of late.

Sunday will be a very windy day with further spells of rain or showers and very few if any bright weather.

Compiled By Martin Gibbs

NEXT UPDATE AT 19:00 HRS ON WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 23RD 2013

• Like 1

Posted

Will be interesting to see how this much hyped storm in the MOD thread being shown on some output for the start of next week develops over the next few days. The GFS 06z Op would certainly bring a distruptive spell of weather for some of us;

post-12721-0-41825500-1382523697_thumb.j

Still a long way off in weather terms, but something to watch for over the coming days, especially if you have outdoor/travel plans.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Everything in small doses!

Running the Great South Run in Portsmouth on Sunday so am hoping there will be a lull before the storm if indeed they do exist!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Slept through the rainfall this morning. Now Sunny ..14.1c.

Posted

Well it was wild around here after midnight with torrential bursts of rain and a howling gale before the worst of the rain arrived, after which the wind calmed down overhead but it could still be heard blowing in the distance!

29mm in my gauge this morning!

Now a beautiful afternoon after a showery morning, more showers than any forecast showed as a streamer set up from the Bristol Channel.

Posted

Got caught in it all on the way home last night.. I was down to 10mph on maximum wiper speed, could hardly see the edge of the road.

Just wished I had my camera with me, the lightning was spectacular.  (west Hampshire..  I was near Stockbridge at the time)

Edited by southern_softie
  • Like 1