Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/10/13 15z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Lightning quite frequent to my south, thunder getting louder. Some very bright echoes moving up to my location on the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

How I wish I was in the West Country now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Wow wow wow...currently in the middle of huge storm...had powercut..loads of lightning every few seconds...not seen anything like it for years!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Rain was very heavy for a time but seems to have cleared north now. Lightning still flashing away, think it will for some time until the storm moves much further north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It has been a weird one here! There has been constant intra-cloud lightning for the past hour, flashes every 10 seconds, my lightning detector is going in to overload! But there's only been a few spots of rain, gusty winds though. It's still flashing here, despite seeing a few clouds but mainly stars showing in the sky.

18.8C though. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Woken by thunder 20mins ago and have been watching frequent sheet lightning to the W then NW and also to the SE briefly. Frequency has died off but was a real surprise and cracking end to the humid spell. Very fast moving line of storms with the torrential rain lasting less than 5mins.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Having followed the reports from earlier, it looked quite a nasty squall on the NW radar in the past hour. Night all and have fun. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, tornadoes, snow

Totally unexpected but great light show indeed. 

Just passing over Chippenham now, lightning has slowed but the odd flash and rumble. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Hi, Had huge storm pass over about 1 hr ish ago. wind had really picked up and sound like a freight train right overhead.

Was surprised to see mini tornado in the two photos but at least that explained the ferocity if the wind!!

Amazing, i just love the variety of weather we have.

Exceptionally warm out there right now for nighttime and October , feels more like summer plume to me !!

post-13809-0-68352500-1380849332_thumb.j

post-13809-0-63374300-1380849397_thumb.j

post-13809-0-68683600-1380849454_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm hot summer days

Another grey mild morning but with more of a breeze than the last few days

Observations at 7.05 am

Max temp yesterday 19.4°CMin temp overnight 16.6°CCurrent temp trend -0.2°C/hrCurrent pressure 1004.5mbCurrent pressure trend +0.4mb/hrRH 92%Dew point  15.4°CWind 4.1mph WWind gust today 14.2 mph WSWCloud base 534ftVisibility  3 milesOutlook  fine possible showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Some good lightning early morning.. 15.9c.  Humidity 95% .Precipitation so far today 5.6mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Heard thunder last night around midnight, didn't see any lightning.

In all saw around 20mm rain over a 12-14hr period, so about the low end of what the Met office predicted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I don't know about you lot but it was almost like looking at a distant nightime supercell in America here around 00:30AM to 01:30AM.

I recorded it on my own microphone and video camera and the frequent thunder on my recording sounds like I have taken it off of a storm chasers video!Posted Image

We probably had the most heaviest rain I have ever seen when it came over, the sound of it coming down was horrendus and I thought we were going to get flooded.

Edited by wimblettben
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Best storm since I can't remember when! 

Woken at 00.20 by lightning and thunder.  It continued then, pretty much non stop until 00.50, the light show went on, but I could no longer hear the thunder.  Torrential rain for about 10 minutes, added 9mm to daily total, bringing it to 14mm.

Looked back at the radar and see that the band was moving SW/NE, hence the fact that I got full show of the lightning because of the way my bedroom faces!

I thought of you, wimblettben, as the storm was moving your way, after your comments yesterday!  Glad you got in on the action too!

• Like 2

Posted

Saw flashes light up the bedroom curtains from what must have been out west. Didn't bother to investigate as the local hillbillies were out lamping in the field, so assumed it was their flashlight.

T'is a shame. Might have got a distant show. :(

Edited by jtay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi, Had huge storm pass over about 1 hr ish ago. wind had really picked up and sound like a freight train right overhead.

Was surprised to see mini tornado in the two photos but at least that explained the ferocity if the wind!!

Amazing, i just love the variety of weather we have.

Exceptionally warm out there right now for nighttime and October , feels more like summer plume to me !!

Certainly looks like a probable tornado, that's for sure. You definitely did well to even capture it and how you described it and the weather conditions at the time certainly sound ripe for development. Posted Image

Posted

I don't know about you lot but it was almost like looking at a distant nightime supercell in America here around 00:30AM to 01:30AM.

I recorded it on my own microphone and video camera and the frequent thunder on my recording sounds like I have taken it off of a storm chasers video!Posted Image

We probably had the most heaviest rain I have ever seen when it came over, the sound of it coming down was horrendus and I thought we were going to get flooded.

Can you upload the recording somewhere online, Ben? Some fascinating reports surrounding the event. Posted Image