Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/09/13 ------------>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning all!  Another lovely day here at the moment with the sun trying its hardest to shine!!.  Hope it doesn't rain Saturday evening as Ninfield is holding its annual bonfire and parade!!.

Best wishes to all those who are unwell at the moment. x

Morning CL,

A few miles to your West and it's not so special Posted Image I'm afraid it doesn't look dry for Saturday's celebrations either currently:

Posted Image

Posted Image

post-6667-0-30831000-1381308152_thumb.jp

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

I'm not looking forward to the weather for the weekend / early next week. Both GFS and ECM midnight runs have a shallow area of low pressure somewhere in our vicinity. Coolish dross likely imho. :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Thanks Coast!

Looks like the "wellies" will have to make an appearance!! 

Posted

Thanks Coast!

Looks like the "wellies" will have to make an appearance!! 

Just make sure you don't stand too close to the fire buckets and torches with those on!

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Grey here after a largely beautiful sunny day yesterday with the Kingston Bridge view of the Thames beautiful and still reflecting the changing trees along the river bank. Temperature on the way steady at 13 degrees Surbiton to Uxbridge this morning.

As I can't jog for health reasons I have to 'power walk' instead and as the conkers and nuts, plus pine needles come falling to the ground for autumn, it's getting all slippy and stumbly underfoot to say nothing of the odd bombardment from a squirrel (I'm sure they take aim) - I'm not complaining as it's a daily reminder of the seasons changing which I love along with the fact I now return from my walk at dusk. Feel sorry for the joggers though!

Got a bit confused with the 'newsroom southeast' weather this morning, showing this 'cold shot' as daytime temp of 13 on Friday up to 15 on Saturday - is this what we are expecting? I was imagining biting raw northerlies and wrapping up warm - might feel a bit daft in that garb if it's 15 degrees.

Ta cobbett Posted Image

I find it a bit discussion oriented these days - impact of snowy October on rest of winter etc - which is fine of course, but I only go in there for the pretty snow pictures! Edit: if it's unclear what I'm talking about, it's the snow and ice in the northern hemisphere thread.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1

Posted

Got a bit confused with the 'newsroom southeast' weather this morning, showing this 'cold shot' as daytime temp of 13 on Friday up to 15 on Saturday - is this what we are expecting? I was imagining biting raw northerlies and wrapping up warm - might feel a bit daft in that garb if it's 15 degrees.

Morning Mrs RS :hi:

That looks broadly right, maybe a degree high on the max. We will have quite a bit of rain to go with it on Saturday (towards the Eastern side) too.

Posted

Morning Mrs RS Posted Image

That looks broadly right, maybe a degree high on the max. We will have quite a bit of rain to go with it on Saturday (towards the Eastern side) too.

Thanks Coast, yes I had a look through the MDT and spotted the low/rain in the mix, and there was me hoping for a taste of nice cold autumn rather than cool-ish, damp gloop....

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted

and there was me hoping for a taste of nice cold autumn rather than cool-ish, damp gloop....

As classylady was posting, the bonfire season is almost upon us in Sussex and right through the next month there will be torchlight parades and fireworks in many towns and villages.

They really are great events but can be a bit spoilt if you get a wet evening as it's best to get a clear chilly one where you can warm up by a street vendor selling hot chestnuts, doughnuts or chips and than hang about outside a pub with a nice pint, a glass of mulled wine or a lovely dram/spiced rum!

Fingers crossed for some dry and frosty days and nights

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Just about to leave to get the Eurotunnel to Calais to meet my German friends on the Belgian coast. The weather has conspired to be unhelpful with a washout expected tomorrow and the rest of the stay into next week looks cold with showers from time to time. Oh well - its not anything one can do anything about. Have fun all of you!Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

As classylady was posting, the bonfire season is almost upon us in Sussex and right through the next month there will be torchlight parades and fireworks in many towns and villages.

They really are great events but can be a bit spoilt if you get a wet evening as it's best to get a clear chilly one where you can warm up by a street vendor selling hot chestnuts, doughnuts or chips and than hang about outside a pub with a nice pint, a glass of mulled wine or a lovely dram/spiced rum!

Fingers crossed for some dry and frosty days and nights

Well, if you opt for the 74% stuff, you won't even remember getting wet!Posted Image Posted Image 

• Like 2

Posted

Well, if you opt for the 74% stuff, you won't even remember getting wet!Posted Image Posted Image 

Unless you wake up having wet yourself, through becoming incontinent when drunk! Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Unless you wake up having wet yourself, through becoming incontinent when drunk! Posted Image

All things in moderation is my motto :whistling: 

• Like 2

Posted

Sea area Thames is showing very rough seas later. Reasonably rare there due to most strong winds being in an offshore direction.

Could be a good opportunity for wave photos tomorrow on the North Sea coast, if showers can be avoided? Posted Image

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/marine/shipping_forecast.html#All~All

High tide times.

http://www.tidetimes.org.uk/all

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 1

Posted

Good afternoon one and all, I hope your day is going well. I hope the g/f is feeling better today Surrey. Well its bright and breezy here this afternoon after what was a fairly overcast morning, currently 18c. I can't say I am looking forward to what lies ahead too much to be honest.

Hi Robin, yep it's that time of year down Sussex way again, I love those torchlit parades and firework displays down there, madness and mayhem but all good fun. If you can possibly make it I can  highly recommend the Hastings bonfire and Firework display ( complete with parades of course ). This year it's on Saturday October 19th.

I have to say the Hastings firworks display knocks Eastbourne's into a cocked hat, but best viewed from on the beach. 3 years ago I made the mistake of thinking I would get a better view from the top of the west cliff by the castle,  epic fail !!

PS. I agree about Harry Ramsdens

Have a good day folks Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I've been blackberry picking in the backlanes near Somerleyton.

Bit hit and miss to find the nice ones but I got enough to make a crumble.

Think I heard the fog siren when driving down there early this morning.

• Like 2

Posted

I've been blackberry picking in the backlanes near Somerleyton. Bit hit and miss to find the nice ones but I got enough to make a crumble.

You might be a bit late in the season for the best ones JJ1, picking was at a peak about two to three weeks ago down my way and I got more than I could infuse or freeze!

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77558-natural-harvest/

• Like 1

Posted

Just a quick reminder. Episode 2 of  ' The Great British Year '  is on BBC 1 at 9pm tonight. This 4 part series follows the seasons and tonight it is the turn of Spring. Last weeks 1st episode was Winter, and is still available on BBC I-Player.  It showcases what the BBC do best,  and is a thoroughly enjoyable look at the seasons. Best of all it is not in the least bit 'dumbed down'.

Enjoy. Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Enjoy. Posted Image

Yep, thought the first one on Winter was superb and it prompted me to look up more details of the location where it was filmed:

http://www.stowmaries.com/

Might be going to visit it when they have an open day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Steaming through the Devon countryside today ....

post-10773-0-83959800-1381324570_thumb.j

post-10773-0-23157200-1381324613_thumb.j

...cooler and a bit breezy but it's stayed dry so far and most importantly we are relaxing !

• Like 4

Posted

Just looking at those winds and gusts in the North Sea and possibly affecting you guys up on coasts facing it tomorrow:

Posted Image

Hang on to your hats:

Posted Image

Posted

Afternoon all

Here in Reigate the temperature seems to have peaked at 16.9c an hour ago, it has now fallen to 15.8c and barometric pressure is 'falling rapidly'. The sunny intervals of this morning have gone and the skies are quite dark, and the breeze is slight but noticeable, now predominantly from the West as opposed to WSW earlier today. Feels like the change in the weather is under way and, as if to mark it, there is more leaf fall today.

AS

• Like 1

Posted

You might be a bit late in the season for the best ones JJ1, picking was at a peak about two to three weeks ago down my way and I got more than I could infuse or freeze!

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77558-natural-harvest/

yes, for blackberries, but oddly the rasperries are still ripening, its a very late season for them.

Posted

yes, for blackberries, but oddly the raspberries are still ripening, its a very late season for them.

It must be - I wonder what you can steep them in?!!! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just looking at those winds and gusts in the North Sea and possibly affecting you guys up on coasts facing it tomorrow:

Posted Image

Hang on to your hats:

Posted Image

Gonna be a wee bit breezy tomorrow Posted Image

• Like 1