Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/09/13 ------------>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yep, the reason for not wanting to buy anymore, maybe we could buy a can for the region and share it aroundPosted Imageby the way where's the goat gone MKSAPosted Image

Ah yes the goat.....he was last seen on Willen Lake island ...it's a sort of goatie alcatraz Posted Image

post-10773-0-01532400-1381013508_thumb.j

A beautiful clear starry night here...the cars are covered in dew which isn't surprising as the temperature has dropped down to 10 deg c !

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

It didn't feel as warm as the thermometer suggested, felt quite fresh. 

A Westerly wont do you any good this year then, you need a at least an 09 or 10, preferably a 91 or 87, at least you know if it does happen then you will be in prime location to take advantage!!

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

sorry guys busy tonight

tomorrow looks fine

as does monday

tues the odd shower but still ok if not cloudy

wed dry am wet pm

chilly wind

thurs dry but chilly with a raw wind

do a proper update tomorrow

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all

A beautiful and slightly more chilly morning in Brighton, pale blue skies tinged with grey pink looking out across the flat sea to the south west.  The tide is right out giving everything that wonderful stillness (apart from the Asda lorry that has just spoilt the scene)

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Foggy start here, but fog slowly beginning to lift here. Temperature down to 8.2c. The frost hollow which is RAF Benson is recording 4c currently Have a great Sunday peeps! 

Posted

Good morning all. A bright and sunny, albeit it somewhat chilly start to the day here. My nearest Met Office Station ( RAF Northolt ) reported 6.0c at 6am, whilst Heathrow just 8 miles further south was recording 9.5c. Temperatures far more in keeping with the season and the time of year than they were last week though.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks.Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning :)

Sunny start to the day here. Though I still feel a bit gutted about the warm spell this week disappearing into dust. I'm not liking the potential for several days of cold and wet weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Absolutely beautiful morning, deep blue skies and strong sunshine :) Temp of 13C. So different to yesterday's horrid skies. Enjoy all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning. :)

Early mist has cleared to almost pure blue skies.

A bit disappointing that the warm spell is on its last legs, but it was always a possibility, given that the position of the high and I was nowhere near 100% confident.

Let's just hope the worst case scenario doesn't happen - lots of cold rain - hopefully the low will be too far away for that to happen and just breezy and chilly weather is the main factor. This isn't appealing to me either mind you. :(

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Ah yes the goat.....he was last seen on Willen Lake island ...it's a sort of goatie alcatraz Posted Image

Posted Image313285_10150365734244853_1081343760_n.jpg

A beautiful clear starry night here...the cars are covered in dew which isn't surprising as the temperature has dropped down to 10 deg c !

Here's my wildlife picture of the day - just below centre - I think it might be a knot! Posted Image

I went out with my camera, which was a waste of time this morning, so resorted to joke pics. Posted Image Posted Image

post-11059-0-07039700-1381053681_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

Beautiful morning here too - clear blue skies and sunshine after a cooler crisper night than of late; woke up to a cold house so got the boiler restarted and it's warmed up again now.

My sympathies to AS and Jan for moody teenager syndrome; one of our favourite jokes to our 13 year old is 'It's not MY fault' in a very deep voice.... sound familiar???

• Like 5

Posted

Ahhhhhh, warm sunshine - lush!!!! Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

morning alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

nice day today very cool this morn ,now warmimg up nicely,enjoy will it last the metoffice said temps will drop down by wensday we will see.

• Like 1

Posted

A stunning morning (now afternoon) in Brighton.  Went down to Hove for a change and promenaded in front of the brightly coloured beach huts then dived down onto the beach.  Sat with our backs against the wall, watched the tide come in and felt real warmth - one or two people were spotted in their cossies (not, I hasten to add, your correspondent).  16 year old complained it was too hot.  Deep breath, etc etc

Back at the flat now, then into the gardens for lunch in a sun trap with any luck, before the short journey 'oop north (well, to Reigate!)

Enjoy the rest of this beautiful Autumn bonus day, all

AS

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It is, indeed, a wonderful day, BB...19.2 and wall-to-wall sunshine...Shame about next week's cack!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Morning Posted Image

Sunny start to the day here. Though I still feel a bit gutted about the warm spell this week disappearing into dust. I'm not liking the potential for several days of cold and wet weather.

Yes its a poor and very disappointing outlook for later this week..and just in time for my few days away across the channel. It was set to be temperatures around 18C with some sun just a day or so since - now it looks cold and wet! Deep joy - I don't think !Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Yes its a poor and very disappointing outlook for later this week..and just in time for my few days away across the channel. It was set to be temperatures around 18C with some sun just a day or so since - now it looks cold and wet! Deep joy - I don't think !Posted Image Posted Image

Hopefully the low might correct northwestwards  hundred miles or so which could give you some better weather, and wipe the smiles of the faces in the west and north whose sunny and chilly weather becomes as west and miserable as it's set to be down here by the current output Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Hopefully the low might correct northwestwards  hundred miles or so which could give you some better weather, and wipe the smiles of the faces in the west and north whose sunny and chilly weather becomes as west and miserable as it's set to be down here by the current output Posted Image

Is it winter yet?

Posted

Beautiful morning here too - clear blue skies and sunshine after a cooler crisper night than of late; woke up to a cold house so got the boiler restarted and it's warmed up again now.

My sympathies to AS and Jan for moody teenager syndrome; one of our favourite jokes to our 13 year old is 'It's not MY fault' in a very deep voice.... sound familiar???

Hello Reef,

Yes very familiar indeed unfortunately! Ben, my son is 19 now though............when will it end??????? Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Is it winter yet?

Not yet I'm afraid. It can't come any quicker if next week is what we are look to for the foreseeable future

Posted

Hello Reef,

Yes very familiar indeed unfortunately! Ben, my son is 19 now though............when will it end??????? Posted Image

Don't scare me! Our's started puberty early so we were all hopeful it would end early.... hmmm, wishful thinking:/  But I will be dragging him out into this stunning autumn day to enjoy the beautiful British woodlands and maybe do some more blackberry picking later, just for a break from the Xbox.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1