Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/09/13 ------------>

Snowangel-MK

the charts are great tonight in terms of me being happy with a forecast- but yes - I agree its way to early to be wanting cold-

What a cracking day here- wall to wall sunshine & ~ 18c ..... - all day to clean cars & do my stuff-

S

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Well said, Tamara.  I must say the model thread seems to me to be even more polarised than in previous years, and it's only just Autumn.  Apart from a few balanced and sensible posters (cough, no names, did I just say Lady T?) the whole thing is coming across at the moment like a bunch of gang members gearing up for a fight and it's really tedious.  I hardly ever post there, primarily because I have no technical knowledge at all, but I do (or at least, I used to) like dropping in to get a feel for what might be coming.  It plays out to me these days, apart from the honourable exceptions, as a 'my Dad's car is faster than your Dad's car' type of debate.  Ever since my Dad bought a  Ford Anglia when I was 6, so denying me the chance to run that argument, I have had issues with that sort of approach! 

To our esteemed John P, I can see why you rarely venture in there John

Anyway, I just spent half an hour sitting outside in just a T-Shirt (plus trousers of course) and it is slightly chilly, a sign perhaps of things to come.  Plenty of stars out but too much light emanating from the houses to get a proper view - too much 'reality' TV (what sort of reality do these people inhabit?) throwing its vivid illumination across the land (no change there then!)

AS

There have been many lovely posts on here today, as usual of course, and I could select all of them to reply to for their warmth, humour and good spirit..but although your message is serious in obvious ways - it still made me giggle reading the way you posted itPosted Image

• Like 5

Posted

Hello Reef,

Yes very familiar indeed unfortunately! Ben, my son is 19 now though............when will it end??????? Posted Image

Jan, Reef, et al, I take some comfort from Mark Twain:  “When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.â€

I live in hope......

AS

• Like 2

Posted

Posted Image

thursday

a strong north east wind

showers around and some heavy but may be restricted to the far east-north east of the region

temps around 10-12 degrees

feeling cold in the wind

Posted Image

friday

a strong north east wind

temps around 12-14 degrees

rain around the region and some heavy

feeling cold again in the wind

ukmo at 144

Posted Image

an east north east flow

cold here with that flow

temps around 10-12 degrees

tod area could feel cold with that set up

long way out though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Evening all,

Hope you've all enjoyed the weekend - it's been lovely here :-)

• Like 2

Posted

ecm ensembles

Posted Image

temps

brrr after wednesday

fi is the 12th as ensembles are spread there

the 17th on has some pretty cold ones showing there

Posted Image

wind

some breeze but nothing of note

Posted Image

rainfall on the up from the 11th

although on here not showing vast amounts

overall very autumn like

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Couldn't find a thread for mixed things not weather related so are place it here - http://uk.askmen.com/

You might not have been to this site (link above) very much worth reading, tonnes of interesting things on there. Also I searched the site for "weather" has with some links.

Are these regional threads for mixed posts, I've always imagined that the last year or two mixed stuff is accepted,  or are they for weather / weather related posts only??

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Being skirted by a 546 dam and then returning to mild is not really the dreams of a cold fan.

Still an interesting change though and late week likely to get very cool feeling very gusty winds, but I would rather keep the warm days and cool nights, I like October warmth, I think back to the summer with the flat baking hot, the cool nights offset the day-time warmth and as the sunshine is in a different angle coming in the flat (west facing) it does not warm up much now so it's comfortable in doors, and that is without radiator use too. I enjoy the warm days we are having and being able to feel just right out and about, even the evenings up until around 9 / 10 pm has been mild, but very cool nights.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Thick, thick fog this morning, down to 25M in places but the sun is just waking and creeping over the horizon

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

sunny skies again this morning. Better make the most of it

• Like 1

Posted

Better make the most of it

Morning Captain, the cold starts encroaching from Thursday:

Posted Image

Highs of 9 or 10°C might come as a shock Friday:

Posted Image

Posted

Warm Weather Set To Last A Little Longer

The Met Office says people in many parts of Britain are expected to enjoy another few days of unseasonably high temperatures.

Ditch the jumpers and coats for a few more days - forecasters say the warm weather is set to last a little longer across many parts of the UK. Temperatures last week reached around 20C (68F), and the Met Office has predicted the mercury will hit 19C (66.2F) today and tomorrow in the south and east of England.

Northeast England can also expect maximum temperatures of around 19C, while eastern Scotland is set to enjoy a pleasant 18C (64.4F). The UK average for this time of year is 12.8C (55F). It is expected to be dry today in southern and eastern parts, with a chance of rain in the North and the West. Met Office forecaster Emma Corrigan said: "In the past week we've seen temperatures consistently of about 20C in terms of maximums. "Even though we've seen heavy rain it's been warmer than average, mostly in the south. That is due to the wind direction."

She added that while parts of the south and east would see warm weather today and tomorrow, "from midweek onwards it's a cooling period, a marked dip in temperature due to a cooling wind and it will be more towards the average".

http://news.sky.com/story/1151077/warm-weather-set-to-last-a-little-longer

Posted

When can we expect first night of frost Coast??

I can't see anything this morning that gets us down to those temps overnight in the next week, maybe 10 days. :good:

• Like 1

Posted

Hello Reef,

Yes very familiar indeed unfortunately! Ben, my son is 19 now though............when will it end??????? Posted Image

Morning All,

My daughter is 12, going on 15 - she's been a moody so and so since about the age of 10!

Very misty here this morning - I couldn't see the top of the London Eye when I walked past it this morning on my way to work could barely make out the time on Big Ben (although I didn't need to see it to know I was late!)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning all,

Fantabulous start to the day here. Unbroken sunshine since the word go. I've been reliably informed, however, that I'm perilously close to the fog! (It's just two miles away apparently.) Currently slap bang on 13°.

All that remains to be done is pray that the models have got their ideas for later this week - and over the weekend - wrong. The idea of all that cold rain, and north-easterlies, in October fills me with no joy whatsoever.

Have a great Monday, folks. And for those that haven't got the sun, hope it appears soon.

Lee

• Like 4

Posted

Grey skies accompanied us from Surbiton at 8am with a lovely hazy river view from Kingston bridge and reading 11 on the car temperature thing; temp rose to 12 at Heathrow then once we were clear of the M4 heading north towards Uxbridge the fog started to appear, and by the time I set up at my desk at 9.30 on the third floor the fog was so thick I couldn't see across campus. Now a couple of coffee chats later, the fog has cleared to grey misty skies stretching into the distance.

On the subject of raising teenagers, it sounds as if we will have to set up our own Netweather support group for parents of grumpy adolescents (ranging so far from age 10ish to early 30s!). Great quotation from Mark Twain there AS:)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Morning Captain, the cold starts encroaching from Thursday:

Posted Image

Highs of 9 or 10°C might come as a shock Friday:

Posted Image

At least the sea's still warm, Robin!Posted Image

Posted

At least the sea's still warm, Robin!Posted Image

It looked lovely but I wouldn't be going in for a full swim, although I understand a few people did in Brighton yesterday:

post-6667-0-97056500-1381139358_thumb.jp

Not my photo, one of a lovely set taken around the UK from yesterday showing how much it was like the Summer:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-britain-set-bask-2345806

Oddly enough I passed this guy on my way back from the Belle Tout lighthouse, so I must be just down in the hollow over his shoulder in this photo:

Posted Image

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-britain-set-bask-2345806

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

dull and overcast it may be but rather calm and very mild still, made the weeding and gardening a a joy to do rather than a chore (even if I did breakout into a bit of a sweat doing it), only disappointment is lack of sun means the photo plans for today are on hold till mid-week when the forecast is for the cloud to break up a bit more.

• Like 1

Posted

morningg alllllllllll

how are we this morn ,gray start,sun trying as allways to pop out,thank god no fog this morning ,take care alllllllllllll