Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/09/13 ------------>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Congratulations to all you lucky people who had the storms, well those of you that wanted them. Meanwhile here in nw London it's a case of

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image .

same here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Rumble of thunder here, could it actually happen....

Few flashes and cracks of thunder and some steady rain. Well we got something at least though I thing the main activity was out to sea.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

going bed, no rumbles here.

night all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Have a guess what is happening here in the tropics of Bucks!!! Posted Image

positively barmy balmy here at MK weather...

Conditions at local time 00:00 on 04 October 2013

Temperature and Humidity

Temperature 17.8 °C   Dew Point   17.0 °C

Windchill            17.8 °C            Humidity 95%

My squib is only slightly damp now and I think that's sweat Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well bugger all here, Since early afternoon's rain, it's been overcast with really bright spells. Tonight literally a few spots,However it is warm for October night time. Well done to those that got the event,Hope it was good. Right off to bed,Good night all.Posted Image

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Seen whats developed over Dorset heading NE?

To add that the tstorms over Dorset turned active and heading n/ne now. To the SE across our zones could pop off a few cells over here later could be a thunderstorm.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Pretty decent high base storm here from an hour and a half to an hour ago. Very close and bright lightning flashes and attendant booming thunder. :) Very large puddles left behind. Definite proper import, of the Summer kind. :)

• Like 2

Posted

Posted Image

heres the moscow ensembles Posted Image

ecm london ensembles

Posted Image

temps

mid to upper teens roughly up to the 10th then slowly dropping

still say watch the night temps around 10th onwards

Posted Image

wind

some breezy bits but nothing of note

Posted Image

rain

very small amount showing

13th on some very wet ensembles but fi and all that

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Tonight's storms reminded me of October 1987 when we had an unusually heavy storm in York.....about a week or so before the hurricane down South. Could history be repeating its self??

But it was brilliant tonight. That's two decent storms for me this year.

Hope you all have a good night. :)

• Like 4

Posted

Currently 17.1c here

DP:  17.0c

RH:  97%

Wind: Dead calm

Conditions that would be worth a mention in the height of Summer at this time of the morning, (01:30 hrs ), but rare for October surely ?  The storms over Somerset and Dorset appear to be heading due north whereas everything earlier was tracking east/north east.

I really wish something would give here because the atmosphere feels very oppressive for the umpteenth day in a row. A bit like being smothered in a warm wet blanket.......Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

well couldnt get back to sleep its 3am now.

When the thunder started our greyhound who has never stepped foot on the stairs jumped on the bed shivering and panting.

He finally fell asleep and started the run and growl in his sleep so i give up now!

• Like 4

Posted

This is one impressively warm airmass for October. Nearby Heathrow recorded an overnight minimum of 16.2c and that was under clear skies. Since then the temperature has risen every hour and is currently 18.2c.

Currently very light rain falling, and a massive disappointment on the storm front in these parts. Not so much as a peep or a parp. Storms to the east of me and storms to the west overnight. Could this be the new Triangle of Doom ?

Have a good poets day folks.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Morning All, another warm morning, 17c here. Wind coming from the South, damp and drizzly at moment,

Have a great friday, nearly the weekend!Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Tonight's storms reminded me of October 1987 when we had an unusually heavy storm in York.....about a week or so before the hurricane down South. Could history be repeating its self?? But it was brilliant tonight. That's two decent storms for me this year. Hope you all have a good night. :)

Indeed, on the evening of the 15 Oct, temps were in to double figures over The South and East just before it struck.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

BlueBreezer, exactly what pattern I had been realizing! storms into kent and Essex and into the SW much of this pattern has occurred this summer with Dorset perhaps receiving above average thunderstorm activity this summer then usual? (for the area) and then the gap in between is Central south (east Hampshire areas) with lower activity this summer. So yes I think a new storm shield possibly has formed! need to look at the data.

Yes the night-time warmth noticeable especially for Oct, need to check the reports later and compare to other years.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm
  • Like 3

Posted

BlueBreezer, exactly what pattern I had been realizing! storms into kent and Essex and into the SW much of this pattern has occurred this summer with Dorset perhaps receiving above average thunderstorm activity this summer then usual? (for the area) and then the gap in between is Central south (east Hampshire areas) with lower activity this summer. So yes I think a new storm shield possibly has formed! need to look at the data.

Yes the night-time warmth noticeable especially for Oct, need to check the reports later and compare to other years.

It would be interesting if you could find some data or stats on this phenomenon ESS. I'm sure I am not imagining it !!

Quite a few folk commenting on the very mild overnight temperatures as well, on this and other websites.

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 1

Posted

Quite a few folk commenting on the very mild overnight temperatures as well, on this and other websites.

Morning Martin, morning all!

Half a dozen great flashes and bangs overhead last night and lovely to see it finally get across The Channel and do something. As you say, overnight temps were exceptionally mild and it's 17.7°C here currently, cloudy and dark.

post-6667-0-39435300-1380869138_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Morning all.

It certainly rained overnight; now, though, it's a sunny 17.5...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

But it was brilliant tonight. That's two decent storms for me this year.

Hope you all have a good night. Posted Image

Well done Grace (nice to see you back on here posting btw) and to all of you who got some T&L action last night Posted Image

well couldnt get back to sleep its 3am now.

When the thunder started our greyhound who has never stepped foot on the stairs jumped on the bed shivering and panting.

He finally fell asleep and started the run and growl in his sleep so i give up now!

Poor Jubbly bless him..... I hope you got some Zzzz's in the end Sam and haven't over slept this morning  Posted Image

Morning all,

My squib seems to be wet this morning so we obviously had some overnight rain here, still mild and muggy with it though but the good news is it's Friday (and only 81 days to Christmas) Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like most of us will see 18°C/19°C today:

Posted Image

post-6667-0-72682600-1380871257_thumb.jp

Pretty good for October eh?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning :)

Well last night delivered something at least, now it's sunny again. Could be a pretty warm day today with winds from the west/south west

• Like 1

Posted

Good grief, what's this I see for next Wednesday???!!!!

Posted Image

and a week Saturday?

Posted Image

Nothing convective now, it may even be the end of the season, but still mild:

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Nice too see people got storms last night but my area got nought...again! Not surprising really, getting used to it by now.Same thing happened everytime there was a chance of thunderstorms this year. It will happen one day.... probably (thats what I keep telling myself anyway)Was a warm one last night when I woke up at 6am it was 19c in central London!!! Whoa, got to be some sort of record for this time of year?Also I have a question if this South Easterly flow continues throughout winter what sort of weather can we expect?

Edited by Mesoscale
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Was a warm one last night when I woke up at 6am it was 19c in central London!!! Whoa, got to be some sort of record for this time of year? 

If I remember correctly, there was a midnight temp (London) of 20C, back in mid-October 1978...