Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

when is the expected time for air to get pleasant again?

chrcoluk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

Right now its hot and humid again another heatwave.

A week ago it was brilliant.  Summer just wont end.

I am sleeping again on top of covers in sweat and laughed when I read in newspapers people were using central heating.

My question is when is the colder air expected again?

Currently no wind.

Hot

Humid

Dry

Even with it been cloudy today it feels very hot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

I am sleeping again on top of covers in sweat and laughed when I read in newspapers people were using central heating.

Currently no wind.

Hot

Humid

Dry

No time in the reliable time-frame this mild / warm air looks like staying for the foreseeable future

I'd say a minimum of 10 more days for uppers to be above average

Posted

ok thanks, thats depressing, the only thing I am grateful for its not quite at the july extremes.  I expect when ti does end it will be a sudden shift to been too cold, the perfect temp's I like are what is got in between winter and summer seasons and tend to be shortlived.  But I do prefer been too cold to been too hot.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Certainly not hot here. Max temp 17.2C average for the day is going to end up around 14c can't see where hot comes into it. Has Leicester moved to India? Today was warm grey and boring yesterday was lovely. Clear skies sunny perfect weather.

• Like 1

Posted

Remember the pit with us been in the middle of the country we get very little wind here and wind has huge affect on percieved temperatures.

eg. when I visit my parents in cromer it always feels much colder there than it does in leicester.

When my sister went to ireland in july she commented that when she back to leics and got off the train it felt like she walked into a furnace.

But regardless yes here now the temps inside arent much lower than what I had in july about 5C lower.

In the day if I walk outside it doesnt feel any cooler at all, just as hot and stuffy.

Right now and all day (same for last 3-4 days) I have no top on, its that hot.  Also i see blokes walking around with no top on, girls hot summer clothing etc.

Edited by chrcoluk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Yup Leicester's moved to India!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19.5C max temp in Leicester according to gfs. I've seen the girls with next to nothing on when it's below freezing so that isn't a guide. LOL

• Like 1

Posted

yep it is quite muggy even though its cloudy, i have had to close the windows as there are so many crane flys about

i don't know why people act surprised when we get some warm weather in september though its normal esp here in the south, but sadly snow is rare here in march,so we have about 7- 8 months of the year where we can potentially get warm weather, but only about 4 months of the year where we can get proper cold and snow, 

Edited by Tony27

Posted

Currently no wind.

Hot

Humid

Dry

Stoppit - you'll be having the global warming freeks frothing at the mouth! But ye I too think it's pretty grim right now, but nowt too extreme or odd for the time of year. Gotta be saving it all up for somethin' special.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Remember the pit with us been in the middle of the country we get very little wind here and wind has huge affect on percieved temperatures.

eg. when I visit my parents in cromer it always feels much colder there than it does in leicester.

When my sister went to ireland in july she commented that when she back to leics and got off the train it felt like she walked into a furnace.

But regardless yes here now the temps inside arent much lower than what I had in july about 5C lower.

In the day if I walk outside it doesnt feel any cooler at all, just as hot and stuffy.

Right now and all day (same for last 3-4 days) I have no top on, its that hot.  Also i see blokes walking around with no top on, girls hot summer clothing etc.

when its driving rain at 3 degrees in January with weeks of drizzle,low cloud no sun ,ice days then rain,ice days then rain,just remember these days.If you have to work out inside in it is that what you prefer?....or maybe you do as there are a few on here that do!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Just been outside to put out the hedgehog food ..... it's around 15oC, very pleasant

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

too warm at night, need it cooler, days are okay though, do not want any wasted northerlies yet

Posted

No time in the reliable time-frame this mild / warm air looks like staying for the foreseeable future

I'd say a minimum of 10 more days for uppers to be above average

and thats putting it mildly....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

and thats putting it mildly....

aye, and mild is OK too :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Bedroom is a pleasant 18.5c. Any cooler and it would be too chilly and the heating would have to go on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Bedroom is a pleasant 18.5c. Any cooler and it would be too chilly and the heating would have to go on.

I was very happy when it dropped that low last week, once I snuggle under the duvet I am fine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Hot? You sure you're in Leicester?!

It's humid because of the low cloud we have off the moist Atlantic feed - a very common situation for our maritime islands!

Really this weather temperature wise is as middle of the road 'pleasant' as it gets - at no time too warm nor too cold although the frequent cloud does make it feel somewhat lethargic. But a max of 18.5c today in Nottingham (thus the same in Leicester no doubt) its a long long long way from 'hot'. The nights are pretty mild but with so little sunlight even the warm houses can't be that warm surely? Mine is 18.7c right now just 1.5c above the current outdoor temperature - if anything it feels chilly in here but a jumper and some tidying are keeping that at bay.

Anyway do you not remember how cold it was right into mid April? And how chilly it remained into mid June? The same can happen this end of the year too with it staying mild for some time yet. Although lets be honest - todays 18.5c errm 'heat' isn't in the same league to last March's extreme cold so count yourself lucky!

• Like 1

Posted

it wasn't that cold in late march was it, didn't the extreme cold come in mid march? and i don't remember april being cold, early june was quite chilly though

Edited by Tony27

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Yep, still 16C, so the window is wide open. Wish it would go away.

Posted

it wasn't that cold in late march was it, didn't the extreme cold come in mid march? and i don't remember april being cold, early june was quite chilly though

The cold in March came around the 9th/10th and stayed cold until about the first week of April. Late March was actually particularly cold, with the coldest Easter Day temperature on record.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Given that the max temp for the entire month of March was 9c (with usual average maxes being between 8-12c across the month) and with many days barely above freezing even in the latter part of the month then I'd argue it was very cold.

Here's some maxes for Nottingham for the latter (the errm 'spring' part of the month!):

22nd: 2c

23rd: 0c

24th: 1c

25th: 1c

26th: 2c

27th: 2c

28th: 3c

You can imagine the mins.

Overall mean was 4c below average.

First time we made it average that spring: 10th April (11c), first time above average 14th April (18c) - this also being the warmest day since late January!

Source: 

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/EGNX/2013/3/25/MonthlyHistory.html

Those sorts of stats if applied in reverse on this September would put 4-10c on average maxes which would give us 21-27c across the whole month. If we carried on in the same fashion into October it would be the 10th October before we even saw a min hitting as low as 7c never mind anything lower. The maxes of course would continue in the high teens until that point.

That puts todays 18.5c 'heatwave' in context I think! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Only got to 14c here today, around the average. Felt cooler due to the cloud cover though- pleasant weather is generally sunny and warm/hot (14-15c+ in winter/spring, 18c/19c+ in summer/autumn). Probably find mid 20s the nicest to be in.

Exciting weather on the other hand, anything from an air frost, a cold front or some snow to me- doesn't have to be pleasant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

The cold in March came around the 9th/10th and stayed cold until about the first week of April. Late March was actually particularly cold, with the coldest Easter Day temperature on record.

I agree March was cold...... Birmingham was -2 at midday on the 24th March and the first couple of weeks in April was pretty chilly also.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/current?LANG=en&DATE=1364126400&CONT=ukuk&LAND=MID&KEY=MID&SORT=3&UD=1&INT=06&TYP=temperatursyn&ART=tabelle&RUBRIK=akt&R=310&CEL=C&SI=mph

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/forecastmaps?LANG=en&CONT=ukuk&R=150

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

the warmies should be thankful that march can see nice pleasant sunny days with temps in the mid to high teens, i've never seen a frost in september let alone snow, so the warmies have it better, for the warmies it don't matter whether its 20c in september or 30c they are both good temps for that time of year, for coldies only ice days and snow are any good, not 3c and slushy snow like we often see in march last march was a one off, although i saw no snow

Edited by Tony27
  • Like 2